Textures still stretching to infinity

vram1974

Sorry, I thought I had solved this problem by replacing skeletons when it was happening on my NPCs but today I saw this (see screenshot). A book texture stretching to infinity.

I run all the error checking programs and I get no errors or mod conflicts. My computer is able to handle high resolution textures. I'm really kind of at a loss.CzZnPGQ.jpg

I used to have that on a couple of books placed by the city improvement mods, I also occasionally had streaming colours while using the world map, which was a clue. No idea why it seemed to cause the issue but I haven't had it since I removed "a quality world map" mod.

Normally I would say its hdt, but since its a book I don't know, well physics also apply to books and every non static object so yeah... you see this issue usually on the female breast when some npc spawns the breast is still where ever and after a second the breast "snaps" in place like a long rubberband.

Sorry, I thought I had solved this problem by replacing skeletons when it was happening on my NPCs but today I saw this

Huh just read your post again seems you have what I described so give your bet on hdt I don't know how and if this can be fixed never seen this with books.

Try reinstalling hdt check your hdt.xml's

Are you using any mods that alter books?

Thanks, I do actually have a few HDT mods and I'm not sure honestly whether some are conflicting with others.

I have the basic HDT Physics Extension + the Bounce v3.1 TBBP + Loremonger with collision. Maybe one of them is redundant?

Thanks, I do actually have a few HDT mods and I'm not sure honestly whether some are conflicting with others.

I have the basic HDT Physics Extension + the Bounce v3.1 TBBP + Loremonger with collision. Maybe one of them is redundant?

HDT physics extension is the base every other hdt mod is working on it uses the normal skyrim physics engine so just for clarification the hdt bounce is only affecting the bounce hdt highheels for example is only working on the feet so I doubt that any of them could affect books and other objects.

(Since its an SKSE plugin it is saved in your skse/plugins folder also there is a log for every plugin so maybe take a look in there)

So as I never have heard of the streched textures besides of the female chest I wonder if you have any mods that add or alter books in your game. Since I only could imagine that the book has spawned in this place shortly before you arived so the textures where not in place in time, but when thinking about it did it happen again since you where at this place maybe you just had some bad luck on this book.

If this happens to all books or at least to a few and its really bothering you maybe try getting help in the hdt physics thread itself also this doubles your

chances to get usefull information.

P.S. just for information only bother with it if you are intrested in it a bit

tbb tbbp are just animations they actually have nothing really to do with physics itself HDT bounce is based on the skyrim physics engine and is therfore "more" realistic since its not a static animation like tbbp it truley reacts to the physics in the game. Again just for info so with hdt you have a more realistic jiggle effect while tbbp is a static animation that dosen't react to collisions etc.

A easier explanation might be you see this effect better on clothing normal clothing may also wobble around if you walk this is like tbbp a static  animation that is attached to the clothes while a hdt cape is actually interacting with the suroundings flying in the "wind" without being attached to the character, but well when I read what I write it is a bit confusing you might not even see the diffrence in game I guess a video showing both would be a better explaination.

As I said above I had it as well, and I run "unread books glow". The only book I remember it happenening on was the book just infront of the crafting shop at the entrance to whiterun.

However, I think the book was added/moved by a city upgrade mod which I dont' run anymore.

This error has nothing to do with HDT physics, unless you are using it for books.

It is an meshes problem of books, if you are using a book mod does not work correctly, produces a rays explosion! this can also happen in human or other bodies.

Thanks for clearing this up I only have known this issue form the female chest and it was caused by hdt so I could only assume it may be the same cause.

Archived