Post-Stagger Issues

hewhocumsbynight

Hey all.  I'm running a ton of mods, but the one that concerns me at the moment is Sexlab Defeat.  If I let my character gets defeated/staggered/knocked down, the enemies leave me entirely alone.  This would be all well and good, but the animation doesn't stop, leaving me hunched over the ground and immobile.  The effect persists for an indefinite amount of time - at one point, I left Skyrim alone for three hours, during which the animation continued.  Also, in the Papyrus log, this line appears:  "Error: Unable to bind script defeatdatrigger to DefeatPlayerQST (66000D62) because their base types do not match".  Does anybody have any idea about how to fix this? 

Your error message seems to suggest there's something wrong with Defeat interacting with Death Alternative.

Do you have Death Alternative installed? If not, make sure you either install it or disable the death alternative options in Defeat.

I ran into a similar problem a long time ago, and it was because I had the Death Alternative options turned on in Defeat, but also tried to use the Defeat knockdown stuff and scenes wouldn't play correctly. If you have Death Alternative installed and enabled in Defeat, check that you have all the other knockdown types turned off. Like the ones where they can grab you if your health is too low or on power attacks or whatever it is. Turn that stuff off, so Defeat events will only trigger in the bleedout state for Death Alternative.

Archived