weird "teleportation" bug

Good advice, but I have had to make use of nmm legacy unfortunately (sooooo slow). I had my game crash with FOMM running in the background, and now it crashes every time it is loaded, even after uninstalling/deleting all remaining folders/re-starting/re-installing. I would prefer to use FOMM if possible, but even installing different versions seems to cause FOMM to crash. I am doing some mods manually, but using NMM for any large packages and load-order. Not sure how much I trust it to install things properly yet, but I can't really change my load order with the built-in launcher..

You do know that I have forked FOMM and there is another version here, in the fallout non-adult downloads, right? If you're not using that one, you should be. If you are and it's crashing, there's no way for me to fix it without bug reports. As detailed as possible please, and make sure you read the first post in the download thread completely.

OK, an update. Installed the .net 4.0, installed the custom FOMM, uninstalled my manual updates for NVSE 4.6.2 and NX 15, re-installed using the new FOMM, disabled all esp/esm except FalloutNV, Sexout esm, SCR, and SexoutSex, started a new game, tried to engagedthe good doctor and still teleported.

I did find with the new FOMM that an old version of wsex had been incompletely removed, so I removed that before reinstalling all the modules again.

Also, after the issue reappeared, I attempted to quit out of FNV, my computer froze, so I had to do a hard reboot with FOMM still running in the background. This unfortunately tanked the new FOMM build the same as had happened with previous, even after uninstalling, rebooting, cleaning up old file folders, and reinstalling it runs into an exception error on launch. =(

I think you are having some other issues, with your PC as a whole, or just with the game. You shouldn't be manually installing anything except for NVSE, there's really no good reason to. If I were you (and I know this will be painful on satellite) I would make a backup of the data directory, deactivate/uninstall everything within FOMM/NMM, and then do a steam cache validation on the game to get it all back to vanilla.

The cache validation will be slow, but it's faster than doing a full reinstall since it won't have to redownload things you (hopefully) haven't touched like vanilla BSAs etc.

There are many people here using my version of FOMM with FONV on XP, the problems you're having aren't simply a result of that combination.

I will give that a try. One wierd issue I have lately that I have been too lazy to fix is having my onboard battery die. I keep my gaming computer offline and seperate from my work to avoid issues and viruses, but the date reverting to 2006 might cause some unexpected errors. I will try that first, then take it online and try the cashe validation. No changes have been made to the vanilla content. The only reason I would normally make manual changes is to make changes to textures, but with FOMM builds tanking on me, and NMM being so slow and clunky, I have recently gone manual for simple esp-only mods.

One thing which perplexes me is that both NMM and your FOMM build have mentioned write protection on my fallout ini. Could this pose an issue? I tend to avoid editting the ini's for fallout games, though I had to frequently with Oblivion. Perhaps this protection needs removed?

The write protection is completely normal. I think the normal game launcher sets the INI read only whenever it's run -- and you'll notice it always comes up when you launch the game from NMM or FOMM and haven't started your steam client first. It isn't NMM or FOMM doing this, it's the game itself.

Just tell it to go ahead and remove the flag whenever that message comes up, there's no danger there.

Tried the steam method you mentioned above. Doing so changed two files, not 100% sure which 2. Still having the same issue, though I have found that allowing the animations to play through will result in my character re-teleporting back into the game world. If i use the console to 'tfc' back to my character, they just fall out of the world and don't teleport back. Animations work perfectly, everything else seems fine. Looks like the whole thing has to go. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Still haven't figured out the FOMM issue though, even went back and deleted registry values before re-installing. Might have something to do with Java and Python environments I have set up, or possibly having a dual-boot setup with Linux, I have done more than a few uncommon things with this computer, so the issue I am having may be pretty unique.