UNP/UNPB/HDT-PE/etccccc question/confusion

If you use Demonica you'll find a more limited chargen for your character. And you need to use ONLY things made for that body and head. Luckily, some stuff has been patched to work with it, like SG Hairs and other good stuff. You also get to pick a tintmask for the face (options are good). There is a TBBP mesh here on LL to overwrite the Demonica body as well. :o

Since it's a custom race the rest of the denizens of Skyrim still need an upgrade. So just normally install whatever body and textures you like and they'll get them by default. I use the Demonica and UNP HDT combo in a couple profiles myself and it all works fine.

Here is one LB3 PC of mine....

post-243307-0-70656200-1419309211_thumb.jpg

Here is a Monli (from SkyKids) that got a new body mesh, skeleton and textures. I didn't like the fact that people in Skyrim magically aged from 10 to 25 years old so I made a teenager myself.

attachicon.gifTESV.exe_DX9_20141105_235108.jpg

Holy crap.

Is there any step-by-step tutorial to do exactly this?

Edit: How the hell did you get the knees and legs and thigh curves, and etc, so perfect? Wtf.

Just go to where MO is installed, open it, open the "mods" folder, find "SkyKids", then copy/paste the skeleton, body and textures into the proper places for the Monli race. It's really, really simple.

That body is UNP TopModel at 20 or 30 percent weight. It's an odd body in that the weight slider only increase the breast size while keeping the body slim.

If you use Demonica you'll find a more limited chargen for your character. And you need to use ONLY things made for that body and head. Luckily, some stuff has been patched to work with it, like SG Hairs and other good stuff. You also get to pick a tintmask for the face (options are good). There is a TBBP mesh here on LL to overwrite the Demonica body as well. :o

Since it's a custom race the rest of the denizens of Skyrim still need an upgrade. So just normally install whatever body and textures you like and they'll get them by default. I use the Demonica and UNP HDT combo in a couple profiles myself and it all works fine.

Here is one LB3 PC of mine....

attachicon.gifTESV.exe_DX9_20140721_232329.jpg

Chargen = when I go into RaceMenu?

So, I'd install (say UNP as I have it now, etc), and then what? Replace all the files for my own character, in their folders, with the Demonica stuff? Or is it actually just installing both bodies outright?

This seems like its creeping into the very complex, which unfortunately I have a severe learning curve on.

Here is a Monli (from SkyKids) that got a new body mesh, skeleton and textures. I didn't like the fact that people in Skyrim magically aged from 10 to 25 years old so I made a teenager myself.

attachicon.gifTESV.exe_DX9_20141105_235108.jpg

Holy crap.

Is there any step-by-step tutorial to do exactly this?

Edit: How the hell did you get the knees and legs and thigh curves, and etc, so perfect? Wtf.

Just go to where MO is installed, open it, open the "mods" folder, find "SkyKids", then copy/paste the skeleton, body and textures into the proper places for the Monli race. It's really, really simple.

That body is UNP TopModel at 20 or 30 percent weight. It's an odd body in that the weight slider only increase the breast size while keeping the body slim.

Gah. You're spending a lot of time here and I really appreciate it and I hope not to burn through all your goodwill, but-

So I'm going to copy my current profile. I'm going to go to the new copy of the profile, and work with that one. I will DL and install SkyKids, and then...SkyKids will be in the PROFILE folder of this new profile? Or it will simply be in the mods folder? And I would find the Monli race folder (in whichever of those locations is correct), and paste over the files with...the matching files from UNP HDT-PE BBP TBBP, and, UNP Top Model? This way, I'd have the Monli Face to edit, and the (UNP HDT-blah blah, and, UNP Top Model) body to edit?

I'm sorry to keep bugging you with questions!

Just install UNP HDT, textures for it and the XPMSE skeleton. It will then become the default body for all NPCs. Then just install Demonica and choose that race in showracemenu and you'll have the Demonica body, textures and skeleton automatically. No muss, no fuss. Really simple and easy.

Just remember that Demonica can only wear Demonica stuff. It is a completely different body and if you try non-Demonica clothes you'll see why you can't use them. :lol:

Chargen=character generation (or showracemenu).

So I'm going to copy my current profile. I'm going to go to the new copy of the profile, and work with that one. I will DL and install SkyKids, and then...SkyKids will be in the PROFILE folder of this new profile? Or it will simply be in the mods folder? And I would find the Monli race folder (in whichever of those locations is correct), and paste over the files with...the matching files from UNP HDT-PE BBP TBBP, and, UNP Top Model? This way, I'd have the Monli Face to edit, and the (UNP HDT-blah blah, and, UNP Top Model) body to edit?

I'm sorry to keep bugging you with questions!

The downside here is that you go into the installed mods folder inside MO and make the changes. That would make those changes in any profile that mod is activated in. Simple enough, huh? :D

Just drop in whatever body you like (that was TopModel in the above Monli pic and no need for two bodies), textures and skeleton. Then you're done. And if you use those Sweaty FSC textures (the entire pack) then you shouldn't have a neck seam to deal with. And those textures will make any character appear a bit younger than when using other textures.

Just install UNP HDT, textures for it and the XPMSE skeleton. It will then become the default body for all NPCs. Then just install Demonica and choose that race in showracemenu and you'll have the Demonica body, textures and skeleton automatically. No muss, no fuss. Really simple and easy.

Just remember that Demonica can only wear Demonica stuff. It is a completely different body and if you try non-Demonica clothes you'll see why you can't use them. :lol:

That seems easy enough. Not having the selection of armors/clothes is a bummer though. Worth playing around with anyway.

Hey by the way, if I do the swapping discussed, will the character be "flagged" against any hanky-panky?

I don't know if the Monli race is flagged or not. I don't think so, though. The regular SkyKids are definitely flagged. I guess I could try it to find out. Gimme' a few. :P

With some tweaking you could probably make a Nord look the same to be honest, so if Monli is flagged then you have another option to try.

Tweaking and experimenting is half the fun! :lol:

That seems easy enough. Not having the selection of armors/clothes is a bummer though. Worth playing around with anyway.

There is "enough" armor for Demonica, though. Not as much as many others, but more than some. I haven't seen it as a problem.

There is "enough" armor for Demonica, though. Not as much as many others, but more than some. I haven't seen it as a problem.

Are the armors "cloth", or any actual armor? (Would she be able to withstand damage or crumple in a fight?) Is it playable, or does the high (what, high poly, and 4k or 8k texture or whatever it is) make it hard to play a playthrough with? (I have Twin Frozr II 3 GB, 16 GB RAM, i-7 3770k, which I thought would eat alive anything I threw at it, but I still get some stutter sometimes with not-a-particularly-huge assortment of mods running).

Re: Doing some testing- I don't know how you've been running around with that exceptionally attractive character and not done the testing already :D

Hey, so here's a weird one (in case you might be familiar)-

I was just testing out while fidgeting with mods, and it seems SexLab animations (whether or not I have checked the box to toggle free cam in the MCM menu) are having a problem. When I end an animation (hitting "end" as is the hotkey), the camera is in the right position, but stays locked. I can use my arrows to run forwards/backwards/left/right, but moving the mouse only turns the character in-place, instead of moving the camera. Also, I can't save afterwards (save is grayed out, as though something is still running, even though the animation stops and everyone re-dresses).

Any idea how I can troubleshoot this?

I can handle my PC as Demonica, but if all the NPCs had that body and textures I'd be watching a slideshow. You shouldn't have any troubles either.

She doesn't seem to be flagged, for what it's worth. :D

Welp, I found two instances of SkyKids on LL - this one, which appears not to have a download (I'm seeing a 0 byte DL "#!TY022DwJ!7XFpri-wX9dCmv7oJrvfeq8jayXoC6t27GvQOwXjsuo"), and this one, which doesn't reference "monli" anywhere, and, is apparently only an "NPC Replacer".

Dumb.

Thanks for testing anyway.

Yeah, you may be able to find the culprit. Any cam mods of any sort? Just to rule that out?

And, yes, some Demonica armor is real armor. Some is also already enchanted.

No cam mods. I've rebuilt SexLab from MCM (that doesn't require me to do any new FNIS patching does it?) and created a new save, and then quit to desktop. I'm about to pop back in and see if its working now, but wanted to see if you'd responded here yet.

Sec.

Yeah, something funky...I don't know what. I can start animations (though I did CTD once) and stop them fine, but even with auto-advance disabled, and TFC disabled, it still puts me in half-way freecam. When animations end, I still can't create a save (as though sexlab scripts are still running). I can still toggle free cam with numpad 3, even after everyone is redressed. I tried rebuilding animations through MCM menu, and I re-ran FNIS as well. Something to do with a script I guess, but that sort of thing is 500 feet over my head.