(IDEA) Defeat lockpicking escape

Ubercharge

I think defeat mod has really good mechanics    I think that adding this would make it more interesting:

After being knocked down, you will get tied (still with full gear except weapon), and then you have one lockpick to pick the lock and set yourself free  or if you break lockpick  bandits or whoever notices that and character will get raped

I think it is quite simple request considering what has been already done.   

maybe next step would be adding some variance to lockpicking difficulty,  for example master for bandit chief and novice for regular bandit.

or option to autobalance lockpicking difficulty, for example if you succeeded too many times  difficulty will get more difficult

badbat: yes

Nutlick: submit had getting tied mechanism, but nothing with lockpicking as I know

Submit had it very early on but it got dropped. The reason being is balance. If you made it challenging for a character with low or no lock picking then anyone with lock picking it was a joke to get out of it, if you made it hard for someone with high lock picking it was impossible for someone with low skill. So in the end it got switched to the new system it uses now.

badbat: yes

Nutlick: submit had getting tied mechanism, but nothing with lockpicking as I know

Submit had it very early on but it got dropped. The reason being is balance. If you made it challenging for a character with low or no lock picking then anyone with lock picking it was a joke to get out of it, if you made it hard for someone with high lock picking it was impossible for someone with low skill. So in the end it got switched to the new system it uses now.

so why not read it but have a mcm menu option like devious chests the freeme option for those who accidently set it to high and cant escape ?

if sumbit had that in and the bound pose maybe animated struggling it would be good

About the issue with too easy/too hard locks:

I'm not sure but probably you can check lockpicking skill and adjust lock difficulty dynamically

No you can't but you can make it "look" like you did. Just clone the lock for each level of difficulty desired (set a different level of difficulty on each cloned lock) and then disable all of them except the one that fits the desired difficulty at the point it is needed.

Archived