So everyone knows about EA games, some people blame them, some people consider them neutral, some people outright enjoy them or support them.

I myself live with someone who will take extra money for gas and use it for EA games fifa point packs in hopes of gaining digital figments of players he likes-just to lose all of them the following year and try to get them back in his pack.

I myself have even distributed a bit of money towards EA in order to enjoy the grand stories told by Bioware. In fact, I've encouraged friends to join in with me doing so.

I've held a blind eye, and I've ignored for too long what should not be ignored, and the following video finally woke me up. (I'm sure I'm not the only one that has watched this, so bare with me if the entire community is already banded behind or against it.)

http://youtu.be/QaAH-cv2ybo

When it comes to the gaming community, it's very easy for people to dismiss them as just a passtime, unimportant, or outright a waste of time; they're very wrong. I've kept an open mind and wandered around enough philosophy around games to come to realize that they're tools that can help people grow in many ways; there's been studies that have shown that Gamers have done better in school with different subjects based on their favorite kinds of games, there have been IQ scores that have shown a good amount of these gamers to be more intuitive or logical, and some communities of gamers have even been all the more accepting of what so many people in society have claimed to be unjustly biased against for ages.

That's not to say that gamers are superior human beings, but they have had a tool that many have not, and they have used it. My fear is that, in the end, this will not be the case; EA is not supporting logical thinkers, puzzle masters, or even skilled artists, it is pushing for a grind that tricks people into buying more and more games in order to milk more and more money. Obvious? Already known? Probably, but it helps to solidify things with bluntly saying them. Just because a fact is obvious does not mean it need not be said.

It's maybe a few weeks too early to consider it as much, but I think I've found my new years resolution, and I'm hoping that my fellow gamers can try to pick up the strength to join me in it. People have been saying to boycott EA for a good long while now, I think it's about time to finally make that step.

Anyone that's ready to take it with me can take it in their own words, or mine in following posts, but it goes as follows;

I will no longer support EA. I will do what I can to expose them and to end their company so long as they are the way they are, and I will encourage others to do the same.

Thank you for reading.

As long as KSI and calfreezy and others alike are popular on youtube from EA's games i really dont think its gonna be as easy as you would assume to try make them change there ways, i mean people like KSI blow around £100 on Fifa points just for one youtube vid.

and the amount of views these youtubers are gettin the only direction ea is going is up from this popularity. 

but i have already done this i havent bought one fifa since around 13/14 and rarely ever spent points i officialy stopped buying there games due to how irratating and easy they are.

but also its sad to say im a sucker for mass effect and i don't  think i can bring myself not to buy there new mass effect game (unless fallout 4 comes out the same day) 

I only buy games over steam and even them they are where reduce from >= 50%. If I buy a full price title it is either because it's a indie product or I played the predecessor. For your boycott, well even if everyone on LL would help with it EA wouldn't care as we aren't enough people.

I personally never buyed Battlefield and CoD but where are we know? It the serie is still produce and it sells. Why? Well gameplay is like every shooter so why buying this? The graphic is good I admit is good but a reason to buy it for me? No I won't care for graphic as long as the story is epic, but if the story bullshit then even the best graphic won't bring me to buy it. CoD and Battlefield are a prime example for this the story is bullshit the player is good the enemies are german/russian/chinese. I could even overlook the use of stereo types if the plot isn't the same for every new release. All they do for the next version of this series is making graphic better, maybe sell a standard feature as new and use the story of the predecessors only replacing a word here and a sentence there and have the insolence to sell it as a new epic plot twisting story. Sadly it works cause there is a widly base of "gamers" who only care for graphics. 
This would be fine if it would only affect shooters I wouldn't care, I'm not a shooter fan but I can understand that the graphic is important for this kind of game. But sadly it's badly affects other genre especially bad for RPGs. RPGs live from the story and not never for graphic. Sure to have a good graphic is nice but important is the story, the gamer have to get an emotional link to the played character or the group. If there is such feeling than the RPG has failed in my opinion. But why does it work, like already said, because the mass get dumped down by society to the point where a good story simply doesn't matter anymore (even to the point that a good deep story won't sell because it is to "difficult" to understand from the mass) and the visuals is what is counting because you don't need a brain for this.

As long as this development continue you can boycott any publisher as long as you want and they will not care, because they still get profit from the zombie like mass.

PS: I hope I wrote understandable and didn't missed the point  :wacko:

I made a similar decision a while back. I've played and enjoyed a few EA games, tho I've always made it a point to try a demo or borrow from a friend before I commit my money. The Mass Effect series was great, and I enjoyed it (despite the terrible ending) And honestly, I enjoyed Battlefield 3 enough that I wound up dropping money on all the DLC for it. Aside from that, I can definitely see why EA is a lot of what's wrong with the games industry, and it makes me sad because I know they'll probably make games in the future that I will want to buy.

But I've dealt with this before. As much as I wanted to buy Diablo 3, because I loved the series, I managed to refrain from doing so because I knew Activision was going to turned it into a money-grubbing powerhouse. And guess what? They did. So when it comes to EA, I will always have fond memories of Bioware's games, and many other franchises they've produced. But until the flood of shit stops, I won't buy from them.

I made a similar decision a while back. I've played and enjoyed a few EA games, tho I've always made it a point to try a demo or borrow from a friend before I commit my money. The Mass Effect series was great, and I enjoyed it (despite the terrible ending) And honestly, I enjoyed Battlefield 3 enough that I wound up dropping money on all the DLC for it. Aside from that, I can definitely see why EA is a lot of what's wrong with the games industry, and it makes me sad because I know they'll probably make games in the future that I will want to buy.

But I've dealt with this before. As much as I wanted to buy Diablo 3, because I loved the series, I managed to refrain from doing so because I knew Activision was going to turned it into a money-grubbing powerhouse. And guess what? They did. So when it comes to EA, I will always have fond memories of Bioware's games, and many other franchises they've produced. But until the flood of shit stops, I won't buy from them.

I've done the same with Activision/Blizzard, and in 21 years of MMOs I did indeed Beta WOW and had one trial for a month. That was it. Thought the MMO was overcrowded, had ugly animation and graphics, and raiding was boring as hell. I stayed with Diablo, Warcraft, and Starcraft 1 and 2 with add-ons, and was totally disappointed with Warcraft 3's ridiculous Hero system  (I was helping a group of modding friends who were going to take out the Hero system and remake part of the NightElves, but they quit when they heard about Diablo 3 in the works. Blind fanboy bastards....).

Now for EA, I've been boycotting them ever since they cancelled Earth and Beyond. After all the Dev hints of plans to update the graphics and animations, add new Classes, Weapons, Planets and such, EA pulled the plug. Their reason: To pay more attention to their craptastic Sports games and other boring titles. I've never once played The Sims, Mass Effect, or any other games with EA as the producer. I'll not corrupt my PC with Origin, nor will I EVER play any games from any Developers that consort with EA. Period.

I know if Bethesda became an EA stooge, I think I'd get into another hobby, one that hasn't been tainted by The Corporate Circus. Like basket weaving or working with clay (I made a dragon sleeping on its hoard for a contest once: Took second place, and later sold it for $300 to a VERY attractive lass who loved dragons).

Archived