Any help with this mesh?

Keyboard Warrior

So I'm trying to take this mesh https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1a84y3vef4fr21/Ghillie.rar?dl=0and make it so it's a full ghillie; meaning grass coverage on the frontal area. Can anyone provide a detailed explanation of how to "Flip" the "Grass" on the back, and make it move with the body? I've never done anything like this and I'm very prone to breaking the damn thing if I try to mess with it. any help?

Ghillie.rar

I got it into game and it didn't look like it had anything wrong to me. 

post-25667-0-36310700-1417133412_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-11926500-1417133435_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-80573100-1417133452_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-23417400-1417133466_thumb.jpg

First make a back up of the nif just in case something gets messed up. To get the grass on the front as well you would just have to load the nif up into nifskope and right click the grass and go to block - copy branch then in the left list go to the word scene root and right click it and go to block - paste branch. Now comes the trial and error tricky part. Right click the grass which will highlight one of them and go to transform - edit this will bring up a screen with translation X Y Z and rotation Y P and R.

Mess with the numbers to get the layer to move forward and rotate it to match as good as you can to the front. Y for translation moves it forward and backwards and z moves it up and down. Typing in 5.0000 for y translation will move it forward typing in -5.0000 moves it the other way so to move something the opposite way just use the negative to do that.

Once you have it placed where you want it at and saved you will have to redo the mesh rigging for the piece on the front as you moved it the mesh rigging used for the back will not work now as the piece has been moved. If you tried to use the armor with the mesh rigging left as is the piece on the front will either be in the incorrect area or it will not show up at all in game.

Not sure on how to redo the texture mesh rigging part.

I got it into game and it didn't look like it had anything wrong to me. 

First make a back up of the nif just in case something gets messed up. To get the grass on the front as well you would just have to load the nif up into nifskope and right click the grass and go to block - copy branch then in the left list go to the word scene root and right click it and go to block - paste branch. Now comes the trial and error tricky part. Right click the grass which will highlight one of them and go to transform - edit this will bring up a screen with translation X Y Z and rotation Y P and R.

Mess with the numbers to get the layer to move forward and rotate it to match as good as you can to the front. Y for translation moves it forward and backwards and z moves it up and down. Typing in 5.0000 for y translation will move it forward typing in -5.0000 moves it the other way so to move something the opposite way just use the negative to do that.

Once you have it placed where you want it at and saved you will have to redo the mesh rigging for the piece on the front as you moved it the mesh rigging used for the back will not work now as the piece has been moved. If you tried to use the armor with the mesh rigging left as is the piece on the front will either be in the incorrect area or it will not show up at all in game.

Not sure on how to redo the texture mesh rigging part.

I already knew how to remove it and all that, I needed to know how to do the rigging part. The arms and legs are wonky, but the chest works fine.

If your limbs are folded in many directions, it will be the weight paint messing with the mesh. I've had it happen too many times to not know what

its like with respect to this. It'd be good to see screens of it so I can tell if it is this problem. If so, then you can either copy a working weight paint

from another armour or paint it yourself to fix the issues. If not, you may have the wrong skeleton. If you can provide screenshots, it'd be easier.

If your limbs are folded in many directions, it will be the weight paint messing with the mesh. I've had it happen too many times to not know what

its like with respect to this. It'd be good to see screens of it so I can tell if it is this problem. If so, then you can either copy a working weight paint

from another armour or paint it yourself to fix the issues. If not, you may have the wrong skeleton. If you can provide screenshots, it'd be easier.

Aaah... it's alright. I gave up on it in the end, but thank you for helping me out. I do seriously appreciate it! ^^

Archived