Need some advice on trying to edit dialog for Radiant Prostitution.

Z0mBieP00Nani

I started editing some of the dialog for Radiant Prostitution in Creation Kit, just things here and there that I've always wanted to change or make sound a little smoother. I decided to save what I have so far and test it out in game, and right away I started to see some of the changed or edited diaolog, but now for whatever reason when I decide on a spot nothing ever happens afterwords. I did get some kind of error message in CK after hitting "OK" on each edited file, I didn't give much thought to the error messages because.. CK is like that anyway, but I guess I should have paid attention.

Any Ideas what I did wrong?

Rather than using the CK, you could use TES5Edit to adjust the dialogue directly.  I've had more success that way.

I'm unfamilliar with how to use TES5Edit that way unfortunately. I have heard that it is usually the better editing tool though. I just feel more acclimated to using CK than TES5Edit I guess.

Depending on what was changed and how it can mess up scripts setup. In this case, no animations. Can you give an example of what lines of dialogue you edited? Also, the error messages can't be ignored - it's not just CK being difficult. What messages did you get specifically?

It was some error about a file referance being unvalid, I don't remember exactly what it said at this point, I would have to fire up CK again, I'm sure I could get it to happen again since it showed up every time.

Anything outside of editing dialog (in this case the approch and follow up dialog where you recieve gold), like editing scripts and I'm at a loss, I don't know the first thing about scripting.

It was some error about a file referance being unvalid, I don't remember exactly what it said at this point, I would have to fire up CK again, I'm sure I could get it to happen again since it showed up every time.

Anything outside of editing dialog (in this case the approch and follow up dialog where you recieve gold), like editing scripts and I'm at a loss, I don't know the first thing about scripting.

There's no general advice that I know of that could help you out. With a specific example we could identify the problem and if it can be fixed that would likely help you with editing any other dialogue in future.

Well whatever I did has apparently now caused the same problem even after I have removed the offending esp file, and even after a clean reinstall of the mod and a new game.

Next time? Nah, I think I'll just quit while I'm ahead. I'll just deal with the mod the way it is (after I get it working properly again) and stick to what I'm half decent at, which would be textures, and minor mesh tweaks. At least those things haven't caused me too much grief in the past. I'll mess with the mod in CK just to see the error message pop up again, since it might help me understand what went wrong, but I'm done messing with that mod.

Archived