CS crashes while trying to make a mod for Loversbitch.

The CS works normally when I only load up the base Oblivion ESM and SI, however I want to make a very basic mod based on LoversBitch. So I looked at the dependencies for it and they were listed as :

Oblivion.esm (Shivering Isles version)

Lovers with PK.esm

LoversCreature.esm

Lovers with PK.esp

OBSE v0020

I load these esm and esp's and when I try to make a basic npc and save it in the CS it crashes. No scripts no nothing really. Matter of fact it will crash when I tried to save the unchanged esp under a new name.

I do get some messages like "Script 'xLoversPkrBedPlayGetAdjustZSubSI' in file 'Lovers with PKI.esp' has not been compiled" continue playing? but there's a lot of them so I yes to all them.

So my question is am I missing some dependencies or perhaps not doing something in the CS to account for the additional mods I'm loading ? It's very frustrating as now I can't make a mod using existing ones. There's no way I'm ever going to be able to duplicate Bitches numerous scripts and whatever else it uses to make it work. I'm running vista, the game is installed in the default dir, No AUC, and it does the same thing whether run as admin or not.

All I want to accomplish is to make a cloned interior in Elven gardens and put a woman and her dog in there and figure out how to make some dialog. For now, then I'd like to figure out which scripts from Bitch and/or Creatures I need to use to have her and the PC swap with their dogs for a little private party. Proof of concept for myself really since I'd love to expand on the idea to have a secret dog swapping club, though I doubt my scripting skills are up to it for now.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Or you can use the console command to load the editor with OBSE enabled.  Open your command prompt and navigate to the oblivion directory, then type in "obse_loader -editor" without the quotes and hit enter - the CS will load, but it will not be able to compile scripts with OBSE commands in them.

I'll try both techniques tomorrow. I'll try the command line one first and if it works make a batch file.

The CS is up to date btw as I DL'd it from Bethesda's site earlier today.  I'll DL the extender tonight as I wasn't sure if I needed it.

Thanks I hope that works

If you want to edit mods that require OBSE you should really start the cs with OBSE too. Just make a shortcut of OBSELoader and add this to the path: obse_loader.exe -editor. Also deactivate auto save function in the CS.

The crash on saving could also be related to vista and windows7 security paranoia. If you installed Oblivion in the default directory its in your OS partition in a folder called program files (x86). This folder is protected and requires admin rights. Start up the cs or OBSELoader as Admin and it should work. Better yet, move your install to another partition, windows is just silly in that respect.

And if nothing else works, try altering the terrain in one of the cells and save only after doing it. I know this sounds silly but it solved my saveproblems, seems to be some bug with the cs.

I'll try both techniques tomorrow. I'll try the command line one first and if it works make a batch file.

The CS is up to date btw as I DL'd it from Bethesda's site earlier today.  I'll DL the extender tonight as I wasn't sure if I needed it.

Thanks I hope that works

You MUST use CS with the OBSE editor line if you want to open Mod made with these functions.

CS Extended is a "mod" you can find on nexus which expanded the "basic CS" .

Well OK, I had to make a batch file with the proper command line for OBSE_loader.exe since Vista's advanced dumbing down features doesn't recognize it in the path line of the shortcut. I'm sure they'll realize no one ever needs batch files anymore someday soon too and clean up that "scary" feature.

Long story short, the command line option did allow me to click ok successfully on a new NPC and the CS operated as buggy as it normally should. However I was still unable to save the new ESP (crash). So ran as admin, then tried a new file name, still no go.

Then I dropped a rock in Anvil bay... and it saved just fine. (shakes head ruefully).

So now I can begin the groundwork at least for some story lines based on this mod. I read DONKEY is having some PC problems which is sad as I enjoy his quest line so far, and it works as expected unlike the few the few others I've tried. While it's amusing watching Countess Caro working the kennels it deserves more stories to provide some naughty context. Unfortunately the process of reverse engineering the scripts actually used and where to use them will eat up a lot of my time.

Thank you for all the good and prompt advise.

...Then I dropped a rock in Anvil bay... and it saved just fine. (shakes head ruefully)...

See? It took me ages to figure that one out and it makes absolutely no sense but then reality sometimes is just too strange. The irrational and ridiculous choices will take you places you would never reach with logic :)

Currently im trying to do some scriptwork too with loversbitch and loversaphrodisa. And while its true that figuring out what the scrips mean and how they work takes a lot of time and errors, im learning quite a bit about scripting and will probably even get the hang of it one of these days.

Archived