I am just so frustrated...can someone else help me? [Skyrim - NMM]

krazykris96

Can someone possibly help me with my Mods. I have encountered so many problems, that I can no longer do it myself. Could anyone possibly help me by doing it for me, or. sharing screens with me so they can guide me.

I am another hour away from punching through a wall..

Any help,  message me please.

I have quite a lot of mods installing. First time modder on Skyrim. The trouble I have is mainly revolved around getting SKSE to work. But also right now, I'm faced with a looping launcher. Plus the skse_loader will not find  TESV.exe to actually launch it. The one time I managed to launch it (with the inbuilt NMM launcher) as the game loaded in, pop-ups of texts said that the game wasn't updated, and skse wasn't installed. I have since checked the game is updated, and it is. The mods I have are:

Brawl Bugs, Devious Deviants (assets and Integration) FNIS spells, SexLab (normal, and aroused), SkyUI, a strap on mod, all the unofficial patches, prison overhaul and ZaZ animation. 

Its all hard to grasp and put my head around....so I'm just confused and lost at this point. 

Well, I also tend to go banana when mods don't work, so until someone who really knows how everything works, I'll try to help as much as I can:

For SKSE not working, try going to your skyrim folder (.../steam/steamapps/common/skyrim) and make sure you have TESV.exe. Maybe the name is changed (for some reason) and that's why it can't find it.

About NMM telling you the game isn't updated and you don't have SKSE, the first thing that comes to mind is that maybe you're not running it with SKSE (duh!) did you make sure you select it? (might sound dumb, but it happened to me)

Like this: yrUiV8w.png

I don't know if you need FNIS if you already have FNIS spells, but anyways (until someone confirms that), did you run generatefnisforusers? It's on ".../steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/data/tools/GenerateFNIS_for_Users/GenerateFNISforUsers.exe". Make sure you run it as admin and it displays it included ____ animations for __ mods.

Also, run LOOT. It will sort your mods and warn you if there's any problem with it.

Are you using SKSE's 1.7.1 version?

Is your skyrim game original? If not, maybe you have downloaded a previous version. The actual one is 1.9.32.0.8

Good luck!

I ran LOOT, and let it sort out whatever it needed to sort out. 

I didn't realise there was a drop down option in the NMM launch, so thank you! However, it is still saying it can not find TESV.exe, after I renamed it. 

This is what my Skyrim folder looks like:

AGKe0V2.png?1

Yes, it is 1.7.1. And, I' not sure what you mean by my game being original? Would you mind elaborating for me?

Thankyou for your help!

I noticed from your screenshot, all the other executables and some other files do not have file extensions shown at the end of the file name. This would mean your Windows pc is at the default setting to hide file extensions for known file types.

TESV.exe is shown here as TESV.exe which would make the REAL(unhidden extension) file name TESV.exe.exe

It's looking for the real file TESV.exe and not finding it becuase it was renamed TESV.exe.exe

assuming you're running windows 7

show hide file name extensions windows 7

Maybe not now because you're so new to modding and NMM is a bit easier, but MO(mod organizer) is more advanced and overall better than NMM. With MO you never have to worry about overwriting your files and getting confused at what overwrote what?

Like I said it's a bit more advanced though, so it's not as simple to use.

Yes, it is 1.7.1. And, I' not sure what you mean by my game being original? Would you mind elaborating for me?

What he means is with a skse wont work with a pirate game skse even has a installer so you can't do anything wrong

It's looking for the real file TESV.exe and not finding it becuase it was renamed TESV.exe.exe

This is also true if you use the normal layout on your windows it would only show TESV the .exe is hidden by default

On your screen its cleary to see for example skyrim launcher which is also a exe is only named skyrimlauncher not skyrimlauncher.exe so delete the .exe from TESV as you obviously renamed it

I noticed from your screenshot, all the other executables and some other files do not have file extensions shown at the end of the file name. This would mean your Windows pc is at the default setting to hide file extensions for known file types.

TESV.exe is shown here as TESV.exe which would make the REAL(unhidden extension) file name TESV.exe.exe

assuming you're running windows 7

show hide file name extensions windows 7

Maybe not now because you're so new to modding and NMM is a bit easier, but MO(mod organizer) is more advanced and overall better than NMM. With MO you never have to worry about overwriting your files and getting confused at what overwrote what?

Like I said it's a bit more advanced though, so it's not as simple to use.

Explanatory image, just in case:

PEidkTt.png

While hentaijin is 100% right on the mod organizer stuff, you're perfectly fine with NMM, as long as you're not going to use dozens of mods.

Also, what ChasmX said. You might have compatibility issues with the pirated version of the game (be it because it's a different version, or because a mod doesn't work with the yohoho-ed game).

Thanks for all the help people. Here is my status: 

SKSE launcher works fine now, after reverting to original name. And, as far as I can see, all past problems are fine too.

Now I have the issue of the game crashing after initial loading screen, after selecting to continue game. Help? ...please? *Puppy eyes*.

As you get more and more scripted mods, especially ones that have MCM menu's it gets harder to get a good load point. I use the save I make after setting up all of my menu's in the abandoned prison from LAL then load the one I want to play from.

sounds like you're not using the Sheson memory patch which fixes this issue. If you use it you should be able to load just about any save

under data\SKSE\Plugins

open SKSE.ini

if you don't have this file make it and add this

[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768      
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

you could also use 512 for the DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB, but nothing over 768

ClearInvalidRegistrations will automatically clear leftovers in your  save files from mods that you no longer use and the iTintTextureResolution will allow these kinds of textures(like lips, custom warpaints,ect) to use beyond the skyrim default limit which is very low(something like 256 or 512 max).

pretty much everyone should use these 3 skse settings, and it might fix your loading issue too krazykris96

sounds like you're not using the Sheson memory patch which fixes this issue. If you use it you should be able to load just about any save

Not meant any bad, but Veladarius is no beginner I also have memory patch installed this is no memory issue. YOU just don't have as many mods installed to get to this point on a new game you can allways load up the game without a problem the more you play the harder it gets for skyrim to load your save this is no hardware or memory issue and what Veladarius said is the ONLY solution for loading up a heavy modded save.

you could also use 512 for the DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB, but nothing over 768

This is also absolutly wrong. There is no limit the only limit you can set here is your hardware if you need 1024 you type in 1024 if you need 4096 you type it in. You can find out how much this value has to be using "memoryblockslog" normally you should not need more than 768 so skyrims memory blocks are 512 and 256 mb big.

This again will only fix memory releated ctd's like traveling to solstheim crashing when entering city's etc. when skyrim needs a lot of memory.

This will not fix the crash right after the loading screen this issue is releated to the scripts not the memory the memory usage here barley gets over 100mb for the memory block.

Thanks for all the help people. Here is my status: 

SKSE launcher works fine now, after reverting to original name. And, as far as I can see, all past problems are fine too.

Now I have the issue of the game crashing after initial loading screen, after selecting to continue game. Help? ...please? *Puppy eyes*.

As someone already said, load a previous save (as early as possible), let the mods install and do it's magic and try loading it again. If it still doesn't work, check the papyrus log when it crashes and post it here. If you're too lazy to do the papyrus log stuff, just keep trying different saves until you find where it starts crashing and get back to your game from there.

P.S.: fizzybutt must be one of the best nicknames ever.

Not meant any bad, but Veladarius is no beginner I also have memory patch installed this is no memory issue. YOU just don't have as many mods installed to get to this point on a new game you can allways load up the game without a problem the more you play the harder it gets for skyrim to load your save this is no hardware or memory issue and what Veladarius said is the ONLY solution for loading up a heavy modded save.

The memory patch will help to a point. Once I started adding SexLab mods and my MCM menu count increased I noticed that at first I could not load outdoors and now I have trouble loading indoors as well (46 MCM menu's will do that). I am at the point that if I can load anyplace other than the Abandoned Prison first I consider myself lucky (I usually only try by accident).

Archived