Body Texture Problems

I use Robert's V3 male body due to certain outfits requiring it. V3 doesn't have a body to use with Sexout so I use the upperbodymale-erect.nif which is Breeze's unless I'm mistaken.

To get the textures to work on that body I altered the texture path in nifskope to point to breeze compatible textures instead of the Robert V3 ones in my default path. The texture change appears fine in nifskope, but then doesn't work in game. I get the same ugly texture that you get when you use textures for another body.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

The Roberts body isn't 'erect,' I don't know of one for V3. I'm trying to use Roberts as the normal body, then the bodysuit for sexout animations. By default the sexout bodysuit uses the upperbodymale textures that are now roberts textures for me. I put breeze textures in my textures folders, renamed them, and directed the bodysuit to the new breeze textures. Everything works fine in nifskope, but not in game.

Do I also need to change the textures in GECK? Or do bodies always default to the normal paths and ignore nifskope settings?

That is "never" going to work. Roberts and Breezes have different UVmaps, so textures for one won't work for the other. What needs to happen is the sexout bodysuit needs to have its texture moved into the NIF, or referenced by a different name than that upperbody file.

I can do the latter I think, not sure how to do the former.

Another option is to take the roberts mesh, reposition it so it is erect, and create a bodysuit from that. Would need an ESP to load for that to work, similar to the breezes bodysuit ESP.

Well, if you are desperate to use Roberts body just select the "use bodysuit" option of sexoutNG and just go into your Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas\Data\meshes\characters\_male\ folder and find this file: "upperbody-erect.nif" and rename it to "upperbody-erect.nif.disabled", now make a copy of the erect roberts body nif that you are wanting to use and rename the copy to "upperbody-erect.nif".

Bang you now have a body suit that will work. NOTE: This is a very rough hack and depending on the nif you use it may not line up correctly as all the animations seem to have been based on breezes body. It will work until a proper work around it is made however, as I am currently using it this way.

Further NOTE: This assumes that you have already installed Sexout to begin with or you won't have the bodysuit file to begin with :)

Archived