Overencumbered when not overencumbered

OH1972

Have been repeatedly having a strange issue. Oblivion tells me that I'm overencumbered even though the inventory clearly tells me I even have a few units to go - e.g. overencumbered with 190 when I can, in fact, carry 193. Does anyone have an idea what the issue might be? I'm quite baffled.

Guest carywinton

Check to see if you have some kind of stats penalty, like disease or something. I have overlooked this before and wondered the same question as you. Also certain armor types for certain races can have an odd effect.

Check to see if you have some kind of stats penalty, like disease or something. I have overlooked this before and wondered the same question as you. Also certain armor types for certain races can have an odd effect.

The UI itself doesn't display me as overloaded. It still displays encumbrance as 200/203 etc, no red for overloaded etc. And while I have some weird effects listed from cheap wine I was given ages ago, they do not affect encumbrance.

In any case, my stats are full, my strength is even increased by the armor of Kvatch.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a mod like realistic fatigue may be causing that as I have some kind of mod that affects weight limit where you are limited up to a certain percent of your carryweight or strength attribute - I think it has 3 situations total - 1 weight = okay, run around all you want - 2 weight = cumbersome you can only walk around - 3 weight = over-encumbered you cannot move at all.

Of course you may fall into 2 or 3, are you able to move around at all? With the mod I have, whenever I'm over the weight limit it forces me to walk or if too much I can't move at all. Again, I think it may be realistic fatigue or something similar to it.

EDIT: Also in addition or alternative to using the console to up your strength attribute, you may also be able to just use a mod called the "statistical restoration ring" or something like that. I use it and haven't had problems with it.

Archived