Invulnerable enemies in camps.

Gabe-A

My modded Skyrim started experiencing some very annoying bugs: Some enemies are completely invulnerable.

So far they have been Apprentice Firemage, Bandit and Bandit Outlaw. This has been  "three-for-three" so far; basically for every three enemy camps I have traveled to, each one has had one invulnerable enemy.

The details: The enemies lose a sliver of health and then go god-mode. They can attack me and my follower, but I and my follower cannot hurt the enemy. We can't do anything to him/her. I then tried the console commands for the Actor Values and "kill", but the game told me it was "Missing Parameter Actor Value" and didn't do anything. KillAll works, but it also kills my horse. Disable/Enable works, but if I enable the enemy, they still keep being in god-mode. MarkForDelete froze the enemy in place and the enemy seemed to have been deleted (although I could still see them frozen but they couldn't do anything to me and I couldn't do anything to them. So I guess they were effectively deleted from the game).

Is there some fix or do I have to keep using "MarkForDelete"? What if one time it was a dragon priest for example? Could that happen? So far it has only been inconsequential NPCs and I really hope it stays that way.

Something similar used to happen to me. I was using a mod that disabled kill moves, and whenever I would sneak-attack someone with a melee weapon, it would look like the attack worked, but the target would become invulnerable to all damage. The invulnerability lasted for maybe 30 seconds or so before the target reset... is your enemy's invulnerability permanent though? Does it seem to happen after a finishing move, or is it just completely random?

markfordelete should set a flag on the NPC that stops it from rendering or running scripts. So the enemy will appear to freeze... you should even be able to walk right through them as if they weren't there... but you will still see them until your next cell load. Try exiting the cell and then re-entering, the body should be gone.

Thank you for the response. It seems to be permanent, I haven't fought an invincible enemy for more than two minutes though. It seems to be random since finishing moves still work normally.

I'll go and check up on the places I have been to so I can see if they were removed already.

Sounds like a bug from OBIS combined with mods Asis. if your using Asis either only use Asis or obis not both at the same time. if you want to keep obis switch of any other mods that edits spawn and use the mcm menu from obis itself.

You also may want to post your mods listed and load order. or else it will be more difficult to give you a direct cause.

Thank you! I thought the left window was the load order.

Anyway here it is.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SexLab.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
PSUniversalBodyChanger.esm
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
SexLabDefeat.esp
SkyUI.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
HentaiCreatures.esp
SexLab Enchantress.esp
FNISspells.esp
Working Dog.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
SOS - Shop.esp
MoreNastyCritters.esp
CharacterMakingExtender.esp
EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp
USKP Patcher for RaceCompatibility.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
PSUFBC_SG_TexturePack.esp

I'm having the same problem, I don't know if it's useful to note but these are the only esps we have that overlap.

Brawl Bugs CE.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Dragonborn.esm
HearthFires.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SexLab.esm
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
Skyrim.esm
SkyUI.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Update.esm

I feel like I've actually encountered this bug before, but I have no memory of a solution.

Thank you! I thought the left window was the load order.

Anyway here it is.

I'm having the same problem, I don't know if it's useful to note but these are the only esps we have that overlap.

RaceCompatibility.esm

I feel like I've actually encountered this bug before, but I have no memory of a solution.

Well, I can rule out a few things.

update.esm is required to run the game, and that's vanilla, so it's not causing your problem. Neither is skyrim.esm. Same applies to Dawnguard, Dragonborn, and Hearthfire.

The Unofficial Patches work for so many people (myself included) and we're not having this issue... so nope there either.

Brawl Bugs CE shouldn't do anything like this... I highly doubt this is what's causing it.

Pretty sure it's not SkyUI or Sexlab too, and Matchmaker shouldn't do anything like that.

I've never used SOS so I can't say yes or no, but most people who do use it don't have this problem.

Now...

I used to use racecompatibility, when working with custom races... but I don't see any in your load order(s). There are several mods I don't recognize though, so I can't say for sure if it's unnecessary... and I've never actually seen racecompatibilityuskpoverride.

So, just from my limited knowledge, I'm guessing that it's probably one of those two that's causing your problem. If you're not using custom races, I'm pretty sure you don't actually need either of them... try disabling them and see if that fixes it?

I may have fixed it for myself by getting rid of some companions.

I'm using better vampires and AFT, I had a bandit and a 'silver hand' that I had vamped and made companions of.  I noticed when I was fighting an invincible bandit that my vamp-bandit companion was herself invulnerable.

I uninstalled AFT (using AFT's uninstall feature) and removed it from my load order. (the AFT uninstall process also fires all companions)  After that I was able to murder my former companion (she was no longer invulnerable)

Obviously you don't have either of those mods installed though.  Is it possible you have any companions that were once dynamically spawned random npcs?

Archived