My Server Rack and other upcomming goodies.

Guest carywinton

Guest carywinton

So I decided I would give folks a small glimpse into my world and to show what my hosting network here is like and where it is going.

The first image bellow is of my current server rack which shows three servers currently running, Web, Email and Game.

The next photo shows the new sever getting ready to be built, this one will serve as the new gaming community server with forums, blogs, picture gallery and chat capabilities. I am still debating on what OS to base it on, probably will end up being Linux once the whole Bash command prompt exploit gets ironed out.

The next photo is probably less familiar to most people who do not work in the telecommunications field. It shows four in service CSU/DSU cards or commonly referred to as feature cards. These cards provide services ranging from static IP xDSL and T1-E1 services. I currently have four T1's running through a concentrator which makes them "bond" as one circuit capable of 5M/5M static IP carrier class service.

The last photo is the box outside where the "Trunks" or wires from the phone company come in, this is called a NID. Most people have a box on the outside of their house for phone, Internet, etc. that is far smaller.

So that's it! I hope you enjoyed your glimpse into the telecommunications world and I look forward to seeing you visit my new communities.

Kind Regards,

CaryWinton

post-21419-0-89548200-1412012038_thumb.jpg

post-21419-0-09847400-1412012317_thumb.jpg

post-21419-0-79469100-1412012579_thumb.jpg

post-21419-0-80991600-1412012749_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hello

As an OS I can recommend Gentoo Linux. It's very fast and flexible and can be optimized for one's needs but requires much time to configure. I haven't used it on a server yet, but on my desktop it's running pretty well. It only uses 350 MB of RAM in idle with a complex GUI like GNOME 3. :-)

Kind Regards,

DokiRenault

Hello

As an OS I can recommend Gentoo Linux. It's very fast and flexible and can be optimized for one's needs but requires much time to configure. I haven't used it on a server yet, but on my desktop it's running pretty well. It only uses 350 MB of RAM in idle with a complex GUI like GNOME 3. :-)

Kind Regards,

DokiRenault

I appreciate you were trying to be helpful but please don't necro post.  The OP was from September.

Thread Locked.