View File

UPDATE: In my latest and, I assume, final update to the mod, I gave Meyla a new hair style as well as some other minor changes that probably nobody will notice or care about. Her weapons are more balanced and stuff.
I know what you may be thinking, "What's the point of this update, and why now, and who cares?"
Well to answer those questions in order: I really wanted to make that hair style, it took me a really long time to figure out how, and I care.

Meyla is a very useful fully voiced companion with 3 sets of custom armor and weapons that you can change by talking to her.
-Her default 'berzerker' style with a double-edged axe and throwing hatchets
-Her 'stealth' style with an electrified knife and a silenced SMG
-The 'brute' style with a two-fisted bladed gauntlet and a plasma shotgun
Each fighting style also effects her stats. Aside from that, she does all the standard things a companion does.
She can be found in Jacobstown, in the bungalow closest to the lodge.
There is also a secondary extra companion called B.A.L.L.A.R.M.S v8, an advanced girl robot from the future. She is equipped with a tesla laser gun and displacer glove. She will not use or equip any armor or weapons you give her and she turns invisible when she sneaks.
She can be found on the first floor of the Repconn Headquarters.
This mod only requires "children of the wasteland" to be playable.
So, I guess that's about it. I would appreciate any feedback and I hope anyone who gives this a chance enjoys it.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/28/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    children of the wasteland - http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/44458/?

The race is called the Emo Raider Child, and it does come up as an option

during character creation if you have COTW installed. It might be the kind

of thing to use with some ENB mod, or limit to nocturnal use only, because

characters that white look horribly washed out in daylight.

I did up a few NPC's using that race; here's one:

post-144391-0-25834700-1412089440_thumb.jpg

Guest carywinton

Glad to see you made it here, Dr. Thang , I posted the sudden demise of your mod from the face of Nexus on another Forum, to let folks know what happen, probably due to that dumb ass YouTube video which featured your mod. I will be sure to update them that you have arrived here and where they can find your mod now. And of course you are welcome to PM me for details on some other hosting opportunities, we would welcome you there too.

Kind Regards,

CaryWinton

Glad to see you made it here, Dr. Thang , I posted the sudden demise of your mod from the face of Nexus on another Forum, to let folks know what happen, probably due to that dumb ass YouTube video which featured your mod. I will be sure to update them that you have arrived here and where they can find your mod now. And of course you are welcome to PM me for details on some other hosting opportunities, we would welcome you there too.

Kind Regards,

CaryWinton

Actually Dr Thang was barred for something else ( I don't think it's my place to say what) that didn't call for a perma ban like he got. Just another stupid heavy handed move by The Vampire Diaries, that brought  another promising mod author to LL.

Guest carywinton

Kind Regards,

CaryWinton

Actually Dr Thang was barred for something else ( I don't think it's my place to say what) that didn't call for a perma ban like he got. Just another stupid heavy handed move by The Vampire Diaries, that brought  another promising mod author to LL.

Well that is unfortunate for them and fortunate for the folks here, I don't usually concern myself with the details of why these things happen, due to the fact that there is nothing I could do anyway, so why bother.

The race is called the Emo Raider Child, and it does come up as an option

during character creation if you have COTW installed.

What? I've never had the option to make a character from that race, I only knew about it because I stumbled upon it in the geck.

Yeah, I got banned for saying "meat juice". You can't make this shit up! It wasn't a metaphor either, it was exactly what it sounds like, a leaky bag of fried chicken, I explained that but The Vaginal Douche banned me without a warning anyway.

Hmm' I've got Luthien's Alpha version running right now.  I could have sworn it was part of LCWE though,

along with the redhead race, rotten raider race etc.

There's nothing to stop someone from swapping the texture sets in the folders, though. I use the redhead

race for my PC, but I swapped the textures out for my own modified freckled/tattooed version of the standard

Caucasian mesh, so my girl is one-of-a-kind :)

-Yeah, I got banned for saying "meat juice". You can't make this shit up! It wasn't a metaphor either, it was exactly what it sounds like, a leaky bag of fried chicken, I explained that but The Vaginal Douche banned me without a warning anyway.-

I wonder what would have happened if you had said 'santorum' instead; that dildo must live off a steady diet of

the stuff...

Well in whatever version I have, I think the redhead race is playable, but not the 2 raider types. I play as an asian girl anyway, who only looks vaguely asian, cause it seems the only real difference between the races of the game is their skin tone. That's how I got the idea to make Meyla, when I found that race in the geck, it looked different and cool, and who could resist the allure of a girl in black metal face paint?

Also, a fun fact, in case anyone was wondering, the name "Meyla" is the old norse word for "little girl". All her melee weapons are old norse words too.

nice mod well made using voice files wish you would do a couple more maybe one by herself no other follower hope you dont mind but i have just taken COTW mod off because i didnt like the kids who sell the clothes not having a voice and had to use fnvedit to remove the cotw req from yr mod and she works like a charm i have kept a few the armors from cotw 

Guest luthienanarion

The raider child races are definitely from CotW, and they should be available in the race menu. If you're using my alpha of CotW2, the "Races" BSA is required for them to show up.

The kids in the shop will never have voices. The original CotW will never be updated, and the shop and its inhabitants are completely removed from CotW2. The items sold in it will be available by other means (currently a giant locker in Goodsprings if you install the "Clothes" BSA).

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any possibility to make her standalone without children of the wasteland mod??

If it was possible, I'd have no idea how, plus I would need permission from them to use their textures and stuff.

Well that's too bad,children of wasteland is technically dead mod and makes big mess with fallout new vegas