Recommended mods?

Oxymoron

I have just installed Skyrim after way over a year, and now the week of installing mods is upon me. I am just wondering about what you guys recommend as far as mods on this site and other sites. I am curious about the sexlab framework in particular and also other mods in general.

Well, modding is a very personal thing. No-one can decide for you which mods to use.

If you are considering using the SexLab Framework, you should be aware that it does nothing on its own. You will need "plugins"/ mods that use the framework. But again, this is a very personal thing. The best start would be to take a look at the SexLab Index to see what kind of mods are out there. If/ when you find mods there that interest you, you should look at SexLab Framework itself and read very, very carefully what resources it needs and how to install it/ them.

But before you even start modding Skyrim, do yourself a BIG favour and install Mod Organizer. This will keep the Steam/Skyrim folder clean, so modding won't cause too many problems.

There are many tutorials around that help explain how best to mod. One of them is found on Nexus (start at Step 3; do NOT move the standard Steam/Skyrim folder's location!!!).

Other than that, just browse LoversLab and/ or Nexus for the mods you like yourself.

While modding might be a personal thing, suggestions are very welcome, especially considering how many options are out there. I am not sure how much time I spent choosing and installing all the mods the last go around. I have experience with modding games, so requirements and such I can handle.

As far as the Mod Organizer goes, do you suggest that I only use that or use it in conjecture with Nexus Mod Manager, which is what I used the last time.

Do you have any suggestions for body replacements (CBBE/UNP), any that work better with SexFrame Labwork?

Also, like I said, any suggestions are more than welcome. I am right now compiling a first draft of mods to install, and since I haven't played for ages I am just looking for mods to look at.

While modding might be a personal thing, suggestions are very welcome, especially considering how many options are out there. I am not sure how much time I spent choosing and installing all the mods the last go around. I have experience with modding games, so requirements and such I can handle.

As far as the Mod Organizer goes, do you suggest that I only use that or use it in conjecture with Nexus Mod Manager, which is what I used the last time.

Do you have any suggestions for body replacements (CBBE/UNP), any that work better with SexFrame Labwork?

Also, like I said, any suggestions are more than welcome. I am right now compiling a first draft of mods to install, and since I haven't played for ages I am just looking for mods to look at.

Mod Organizer can also be used to download from Nexus. Nexus Mod Manager CAN be rather messy, whereas Mod Organizer makes sure your original Steam/ Skyrim folder remains clean (no mods will be installed there; MO makes "virtual folders" yet still works with Steam). For experience I can tell you that downloading mods from the Steam Community can seriously screw up your Skyrim install, so tread carefully there.

The great thing about using Mod Organizer is that, when you download a mod/ body replacer or whatever and you don't like it, you just unselect the mod in MO and there won't be any problems with a poluted Skyrim install or overlooked textures etc.

As far as body replacers go, I always play Skyrim as a male, so I have no experience with female body replacers. I don't even know what abbreviations like CBBE/ UNP (or what have you) stands for or what they look like. Just like I said, modding is personal. Just go with what YOU like. Try it, if you don't like it, uninstall it.

I could give you a list of mods that I use and like, but it might not be the right ones for you. That is why I am hesitant to do that, if that makes sense? I have "kinks" that you probably dont have ;)

And as Killing Joke said, the STEP is also a good resource to check BEFORE you start adding mods. The reason it is important to prepare your PC before adding mods, is that it will make it less likely that your install + mods will create problems later on. Trust me (us) on this. A lot of us have been there, having to reinstall everything all over again because something got "corrupted".

I am having some problems getting FNIS installed. Basically I am not really understanding how it installs for Mod Manager without putting files in the data folder. Do I create a archive and run the fnis generator from there or should I just say fuck it and install the old way (drop it into the soup)?

Archived