This is why I don't use SOS

Z0mBieP00Nani

I've had this issue repeatedly, and it's not just the feet but the schlong its self. At least with SOS ligh this issue exists (I have no desire to install the full version). I've done some looking around and I've seen some "fixes" that don't seem to work (at least for me they don't) as the textures continue to be screwed up. Does anybody know of a "fix" for this issue that actually works?

post-145287-0-84852700-1411135015_thumb.jpg

I've had this issue repeatedly, and it's not just the feet but the schlong its self. At least with SOS ligh this issue exists (I have no desire to install the full version). I've done some looking around and I've seen some "fixes" that don't seem to work (at least for me they don't) as the textures continue to be screwed up. Does anybody know of a "fix" for this issue that actually works?

attachicon.gif2014-09-19_00001.jpg

I use the full version with no problems.  The feet issue is because the body model doesn't have the right normal map.

Data\Textures\actors\character\male\malebody_1_msn.dds

I don't have experience with light, but I've seen that problem before.

Each SOS light version has issues. Some with the schlong, some with beasts races, some with revealing gear. It's like doomed.

1.04 has less issues, but I think is incompatible with any other texture replacer. At least I don't know of any that matches the UV from 1.04.

All SOS versions and specially 1.04 have a different UV layout for the feet than vanilla. There are issues when using vanilla meshes and SOS textures. I think the same happens with Favored Soul meshes.

The guy in the picture, what is exactly? Is vanilla? And his armor? What SOS version are you using? Did you replace any SOS file? meshes or textures?

topic should be

This is why I don't use SOS Light :lol:

Cause i never had this bug with the full version.

I know.. but I'm not obsessed with schlongs like the creators of SOS apparently are. :lol:

Anyway why hasn't a fix been made yet? Now I can't turn my succubus character into a dick girl at will and fuck female NPCs.. with her dick.

I think the body i'm using is the vanilla body, his armor is just a vanilla vampire robe

I don't understand, you either use vanilla body, or sos light. I looked for vampire robes in CK but didn't find any.

Anyway why hasn't a fix been made yet?

This won't be fixed unless someone can identify the exact issue or provide a way to reproduce it. The image looks like a vanilla feet mesh with SOS textures. Or SOS mesh with vanilla textures.

Without any other info, I'd say wrong installation, or conflict with some other mod (for example something like this happens with Deadly Mutilation mod)

that's what his clothes were called, it's a Dawngaurd addition. I looked in SOS light and I've seen all kinds of options, but when I open the folders I don't see any body meshes, just meshes for the male hands and feet, and textures for the body.

I could probably fix the discolored penis issue if I had an actual body and schlong mesh to work with, not sure about the feet though. I noticed something similar happen with my character's hands when I first installed Player Succubus Quest, but that went away eventually and I never figured out what caused the issue.

This is because you have a mod overwriting the link to naked feet texture set of males found in "SoS - Light". Such mods that touch naked skin texture sets (from my own observation) include DigitigradeKhajiit+ArgonianRaptor (beast race feet overhaul by artifex), SPTConsistentOlderPeople (old people texture edit by Winterlove), and any race editing mods that might touch the males' naked skin in the .esp. In order to fix it you'll have to go into each affected mod and add a male feet texture set, make it use the proper feet textures (as they are now separate in "SoS - Light" from the body textures), and apply them as a texture override to the naked feet of the humanoid male race's naked feet armor/addon. Otherwise, put "SoS - Light" lower in your mod order list.

I had the exact same problem. And this is how I fixed it:

I had a brainwave (or -fart) and checked SOS in MO and saw that the male body textures were being overwritten by another mod (Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized). So, clever me, put the SOS male body textures in the appropriate folder of Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized, and hey presto! No more ugly feet and no more leg seam

So recap: the SOS files were being overwritten. You can fix this by checking in MO which mod creates a conflict with the SOS files (malehands_1_msn.dds and malebody_1_msn.dds) and then physically putting those two files in the appropriate MO mod folder, which in my case was Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized.

I guess that if you don't use MO you can fish the two files out of the SOS zip folder and copy them into the appropriate Skyrim/data folder?

Anyway, hope this helps :)

Archived