Favorite custom race?

Nichoice

Just wanted to see what everyone's favorite custom races were. 

I myself actually don't use any cause Racemenu + Skyre has provided me with more than enough for character customization. 

I have tried a few but were largely disappointed either from the way it looks or the racial skills that didn't meet my expectation (I have been spoiled by all the wonderful work the modding community has to offer). 

But I was wondering if anyone out there had any custom races that they think is a must have! 

Tried all the one mentioned here, alot of these could be replicated (visually anyway) with racemenu and by using overlays and what not so it didn't really bring anything "new" per say. 

I actually made a post regarding the Dagi-Raht by Nuska which I really wanted to try but there are too many issues with it and I have no idea how to "fix" any of them. 

Wasn't a big fan of succubus as I didn't regard it as lore-friendly enough (my skyrim OCD/stubborness).  

I only recently installed Skyre so I am still playing through that, the racials are pretty good so far. 

That was one of the things that put me off the succubus race, the racials were just like normal spells and aside from the naughties, I don't know when I would turn into a succubus. 

I could just download an armor, horns and wings for that if I really wanted. 

Ningheim by far, it's the Ferrari of race mods. Temptress and Ashen aren't too far behind though. 

But most of my characters are built with Custom Races so I can get all the cosmetic advantages without the often OP and far too cheaply given powers a lot of race mods come with. 

Succubus I've never got on with, I know it's really popular and I mean no dis to it's fans,  I just think the whole concept is beyond cheesy. Eugh!

^ That is exactly how I feel as well, alot of those races are great but not unique aesthetically. I can mimic those features with Racemenu and the overlay system provides for soo much diversity.

While Succubus was just as you put in...cheesy. And also easily replicated. 

I want something thats more than just eye candy! Something like the Ronzo or the Dagi-Raht races. Unfortunately both are not perfect and have issues. 

This is why I use Custom Races. All it really is is a bunch of folders with very basic vanilla textures and meshes and supporting race scripts. that you can completely replace with your own choices, it's a great way to have a bunch of setups all ready to go and completely separate from NPCs. 

I forgot to mention Eiries Ohmes-Raht and the Dremora, both available as a standalone race pack on Halo's site. The Dremora mod is visually very cool, might well give that a go on a playthrough soon. 

This is why I use Custom Races. All it really is is a bunch of folders with very basic vanilla textures and meshes and supporting race scripts. that you can completely replace with your own choices, it's a great way to have a bunch of setups all ready to go and completely separate from NPCs. 

I use Custom Races for exactly that.

Any of the racial powers I may or may not want, I can console them in as per my imagined role.

I can't have all of the NPCs looking just as muscular as my own character, it breaks immersion/believability for the average NPCs. I can also run a slightly higher res texture set on my own characters, and go lower res on NPCs - cramming enough on a 1GB GPU.

Ya, I made a post regarding the Dagi-Raht but that race doesn't have vamp scripts and a few other problems as well and Trykz said he will take a look at it if he has the time after his current project=>

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/36629-req-dagi-raht-by-nuska/

I downloaded the Eiries Ohmes-Raht from Halo's website last night and repackaged it myself with PSB Cbbe Body, Cbbe Textures and Skeleton. 

Haven't really had a chance to have a real play through, only done some minor testing. 

Halo doesn't give alot of information with regards to the race, it looks to have vamp/werewolf scripts and everything. Haven't yet run into anything major bugs yet. 

With regards to the Ronzo race, I was tempted to try it but it has no nude body :( I did fire it up once I think just to see how it looks, and visually it looks pretty good. I hope someone makes a nude mesh + texture or make it sos compatible soon. 

Archived