Has anyone attempted to continue Tropical Skyrim or make a similar mod?

MasterworkStone

Oh, well.. knowing Aceeq, he can be quite very defensive about his work. But someone may try to upload it somewhere.

BTW, TS' author is quite busy with his studies, and considering the size and scope of the mod, he'll have to hand-tweak and rebuild everything, maybe even going as far as to remove some stray trees in caves.

The reason given by the author is: Due to stupid/dumb user comments and annoying requests this mod is closed for a unlimited time!

See, he's very defensive about his work. :lol:

Don´t mod if you can´t handle stupid/dumb and annoying questions so good riddance :D

The reason given by the author is: Due to stupid/dumb user comments and annoying requests this mod is closed for a unlimited time!

See, he's very defensive about his work. :lol:

Don´t mod if you can´t handle stupid/dumb and annoying questions so good riddance :D

That's a rather asinine statement.

Sure, a person cannot let things get to them as some people will attempt to do that intentionally. Then again, the author, like everyone else, is also human. At some point, a combination of people may just be all he/she needs to say that they're done. Everyone does not hold the same level of tolerance.

However, it is rather foolish to dismiss behavior of users that continuously do that. You have many users on Nexus that say some awful things to mod makers, and make crazy demands that no-one can do in a short time. 

People forget that mods are a privilege, and still treat mod authors like they're not even human. That is unacceptable behavior.

Anyways, you can find his mods on his site now. He has pulled his mods for different reasons, but will continue to host them on his site.

https://sites.google.com/site/aceeqmodding/

*whew* glad his mods ain't gone forever. That Winter one... creates such a great atmosphere. 

I don't think my system can handle the Summer or Tropical ones, though it could handle his original Spring version from the previous mod. I'll have a new rig built eventually(been eyeing some kits and recommendations).

Sure, a person cannot let things get to them as some people will attempt to do that intentionally. Then again, the author, like everyone else, is also human. At some point, a combination of people may just be all he/she needs to say that they're done. Everyone does not hold the same level of tolerance.

However, it is rather foolish to dismiss behavior of users that continuously do that. You have many users on Nexus that say some awful things to mod makers, and make crazy demands that no-one can do in a short time. 

People forget that mods are a privilege, and still treat mod authors like they're not even human. That is unacceptable behavior.

Anyways, you can find his mods on his site now. He has pulled his mods for different reasons, but will continue to host them on his site.

Seriously, any creative person -- whether a mod author, a fanfiction writer, or a digital painter -- has to take criticism up front, no matter how ridiculous or insulting the reactions may be, especially from a user base which we know to be having self-entitlement issues. If an author tends to be overly egotistical, or cannot be able to have a thick skin and unable to defend the work, then he or she cannot present her work to the world.

Hence we've seen that Nexus has provided the author with a set of tools for which to control content and/or criticism, but even then, given how things are being run over there, it's not surprising that some authors have left and establish their own sites for the sake of greater control without being interfered or their words/content potentially vetted by Nexus staff.

On the other hand, we've seen enough examples of non-author users who tend to ask for even the stars and the moon on a silver plate, or they try to troll the author. I could go on and speak volumes about this angry mass, but that's already covered by a thread which is now locked.

Going back to the mod itself, the author can also be reached through Tumblr http://aceeq-modding.tumblr.com/ but for now much of his work is hidden, justified by putting under WIP.

I don't think my system can handle the Summer or Tropical ones

Surprisingly the Tropical edition is far less demanding and crowded compared to Soolie's mod, as I tried it and experienced larger FPS counts.

No, not really. It's  like saying "if you can't be a considerate driver I'm going to close down a whole stretch of road that other more considerate drivers use". It's the quintessential hissy fit and not a very cool thing to do to the people who are happily supporting their work. 

It's his/her IP to do with as they please, but I don't see anything asinine about calling them out for being shitty about it. When you put something into the public domain you have to expect your fair share of jerks, that's life. 

No, not really. It's  like saying "if you can't be a considerate driver I'm going to close down a whole stretch of road that other more considerate drivers use". It's the quintessential hissy fit and not a very cool thing to do to the people who are happily supporting their work. 

It's his/her IP to do with as they please, but I don't see anything asinine about calling them out for being shitty about it. When you put something into the public domain you have to expect your fair share of jerks, that's life. 

And I'm saying that does not make it any more acceptable.

Anways, isn't that the reason I hear most people are on this website? "To get away from all of the Nexus shit."

Archived