CT77 HDT clothes clipping through booty - Bodyslide 2 + CBBE HDT Body + CT77. Pics/gif inside!

Oxomoco

Yo guys!

I've just shifted over to using CBBE and bodyslide after using the 7B HDT Body, which had an awesome ass, but the breasts were a bit fake and had a strange shadow on the underboob.

So far so good generally! I've got collision working and the HDT physics work pretty well, although it seems that the XML could be replaced or tinkered with as some of the movements are kinda funky.

Anyway, decided to make my own body in Bodyslide 2, using the CBBE Body HDT and basing it off the CT77 Body preset. Made it slightly more voluptuous but nothing extreme. Pressed build, booted Skyrim and it worked! 

So i opened Bodyslide again, loaded my preset, clicked the 'group filter' box > choose groups > ticked all armours and clothes beginning with CT77 (including CT77 Body) > clicked batch build, made sure they were all ticked and done. Right? 

Well i dunno if that was the correct way to do it, maybe someone can correct my process, but it appeared to work fine on booting Skyrim... my custom body looked great and the clothes and armours all seemed to be the right shape and the HDT physics worked on both booty and breasts.

BUT they don't seem to work without some serious clipping, as seen in a shitty gif i quickly made. It can get pretty bad. Also some clothes have other random spots where skin clips through even without movement. As shown belown.

I tried reducing body weight from max to min, that didn't change anything. Also tried rebuilding my body with a smaller butt. Still didn't work. Tried using different bodies and vanilla presets without changing the sliders at all even that didn't remove the clipping.

SO am i doing something wrong? 

Or is HDT Butt physics sorta incompatible with most clothes and armour sets? I'm slowly trying to get my head around everything, but i'm still pretty technically retarded, forgive me!

Thanks guys!

post-190991-0-56361200-1410215440_thumb.jpg

post-190991-0-06756300-1410215425_thumb.gif

The bone weighting for the armor is different from the body you're using. You can copy boneweights in outfit studio.

AHA, clever! Thank you! That explains it.

I think i just discovered this by accident: I'd edited my hdt parameters in JFF (Have no idea what i'm doing!) somewhat for a better jiggle and just now i replaced that edited HDT .xml file with the default one from Daiemonics all in one file and the clipping was dramatically reduced. There was still a little bit mind you. Am i correct in thinking that these mismatched boneweights are from this .xml?

Could you perhaps point me in the direction of a decent tutorial on how to copy the boneweights in outfit studio? Starting to swim a little bit out of my depth.

Better still do you know of a decent HDT .xml with realistic jigglage that works with HDT v14.28 and CBBE HDT? Currently everythings a bit too... jelly like... and not in a good way! Would love to get results like in these gifs linked here.

edit. So this is the first tutorial that comes up. Looks comprehensive, but daunting. Would this be my best bet? Or do you know alternatives? 

Also, before i throw myself into this, do boneweights have to be copied individually to each armour? I really have no idea how it works at the mo... but i'm hoping there's some sort of batch function like in Bodyslide... i think that CT77 clothes pack i downloaded has like 300+ items in...

Could you perhaps point me in the direction of a decent tutorial on how to copy the boneweights in outfit studio? Starting to swim a little bit out of my depth.

All you do is load up the body in the reference that has the body weight, then load up the outfit piece that needs the weight added, click over into the bones tab (right side of the window) make sure NPC belly is highlighted then in shape, copy selected weight, then export current. Do it for both 0 and 1. Bone weights have to be copied to each armor yes, you really do want to take your time more with weights than you do with a quick conversion. 

As for jiggly-wigglies, I'm still figuring it all out myself. I'm picky so getting collisions to play nice AANNDdd get  a decent jello jiggle on more petite breasts/rearend is proving difficult when the tutorials for JFF are more like a college exam in physics and from way back in the early days (january or so x3) So I google till I'm blue in the face about descriptions and how they theoretically work and fiddle with the modifier. It's about all you can do lol.

Appreciate the help guys! Still doing some research before i attempt to try and sort out the clipping. I've got some more inane questions if anyones willing to answer them :D

Firstly... using Daiemonics All In One Havok Object (thanks TnTTnT - and i am using the 'less bounce' version i believe!) i managed to get collision working great. It works both naked and with clothes (although clothes mysterious stopped working yesterday... fixed now). I'll test out the XML you linked later, but for now i'm wondering how i can sort out some very minor issues such as hands slightly going through breasts. Also in the Idle animation i'm using, when my character moves her right hand up under her breasts, the left boob sort of seems to react unnaturally and get's sort of pushed up even though it's not being touched. Minor annoyance, but it seems like some sort of collision detection issue. The collision in itself is great, but in practice it's a little bit wonky and distracting. Is this possible to solve? I can put a shitty gif/picture up if that'd help illustrate.

Secondly, thanks Fizzybutt for the quick explanation of how to add weight but before i start tinkering, i have some more questions about weights/Outfit Studio

if you don't mind.

> I'm using Mod Organizer. I've installed pretty much everything using this, including HDT, bodies, armours/clothes and textures. Will this create any problems for me when using Bodyslide/Outfit Studio? Like, does Mod Organizer interfere with the directories? I believe it's working fine, but i'm just checking. When i press build on a body i believe it overwrites the one in Data/meshes/actors/characters/character assets. Which is right, right? So when i batch build a bunch of clothes, which i believe are being read from the Mod Organizer/mods directory, where are they overwriting to? It says they're writing to Skyrim/data/meshes/armour... but i can't even see that folder! In fact, i took some screensnaps of my Data folder and my meshes folder... they seem weirdly empty, especially meshes... looks like it's missing a whole bunch of folders... but my game seems to run fine. Could this be because of Mod Organizer changing the directories?

If so... if i've built an outfit... and it's supposedly being written to /data/meshes/armor... which i can't find... then where on earth do i load the armours from if i'm trying to edit one in Outfit Studio?! The Mod Organizer directory?

> I'm still a bit confused about how the HDT .xml relates to collision and clipping. It doesn't seem to factor in the Outfit Studio process... yet it was changing the .XML parameters that resulted in crazy clipping for me. Also, off the CT77 armour page it does say "customised HDT XMLs can produce clipping in outfits" - i guess this is what i was experiencing. Is this still what you were talking about re. Bone Weights? I guess i'm still a little confused, so is it still possible to customise my .xml and then adapt the clothes in Outfit Studio? Even so, the XML i'm using also edited how breasts reacted, yet there wasn't even the slightest amount of clipping there. Confusing!

Thank you!!

post-190991-0-64385000-1410287085_thumb.png

post-190991-0-61670900-1410287086_thumb.png

I also use MO to install every mods and it work without any problem with HDT, Bodyslide, Remodel armor.

All armor/body mesh should be in either bodyslide or remodel armor mod folder inside MO folder itself.

For hand clipping during animation, you will have to adjust the xml yourself to match your body.  Every xml author has their own body setting so you will not get same result as them unless you have same body setting.  So feel free to do xml editing yourself.

Awesome, thanks!

I haven't done any outfit studio/re-editing the XML yet... I'm still wondering whether the clipping issues i see are to do with bone weight or to do with other things such as the XML parameters or walk/run animations.

I mean, so far, along with editing the XML, i've found that changing movement animations has a huge effect on clipping - i've found one where the butt clips a whole lot less. Basically, there's next to no clipping at all when my character is stationary. Only a tiny bit when walking and a lot when running, but changing the run animation kind of sorted it for the time being. Don't like the animation as much mind you.

Do you know of any lesser known movement animations i can try out - preferably sexy/feminine but not so exagerated? Also i'm finding it really hard to detect any HDT butt bounce in my current animation, it's really only noticable when walking over stairs, or when she stops walking, is this normal? I'm currently using the walk animation that came with the 7B TBBP Body i think... i like the general sexy hip swinging, but hate the fact it looks like she's walking on tip toes like shes supposed to have high heels on. I tried out a whole bunch last night, but despite the tip toes, i couldn't find any better animations. I found one better one, but it was literally only a walk forward animation... the other directions were vanilla.

Also editing XML parameters (i've been working on getting the hand collision right! I managed to get them looking pretty good, but now they sort of stretch wildly if my character does a quick 180 degree turn... gonna have to find the parameters to sort that hopefully without losing the somewhat decent collision! FML.) seems to yield mad results in clipping but i'm still confused about how this ties in with outfit studio and bone weights? It doesn't seem to factor.

Currently I use Shaydows' animation

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/975-shaydows-animation-mashup-v2/

This one also quite nice

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29622/?

I haven't see any clip since my PC is practical nude with Dibellan Defender.  :P

I think all thing relate to your character shape ie. Body (from Bodyslide), Mesh weight, enb/graphic setting, HDT xml.  That's why each one may have to customize their own xml to fit their configuration.  I, myself, just to lazy for trial and error so I just try xml from every author and pick the one that give best result for my setting.  :sleepy:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived