post-6429-0-50258100-1407954792_thumb.jpg

The outfit works fine, but it's the skin what got the issue

Normals are fine in Blender, faces all point outside

post-6429-0-17202200-1407954768_thumb.jpg

But on export, they flip to the inside. and it only happens with those

post-6429-0-09008300-1407954778_thumb.jpg

Don't know if the outfit has the same problem as it's "double sided"

But I've no idea what happened

Tried flipping normals to the inside, exported ones were outside, but lighting looks weird in game

Could do the body again... but its a lot of work to cut again the same vertices...

Any ideas please?

EDIT: Oh one more thing

When I was trying to export, I almost didn't make it, as a "armature export" error popped up saying something about being unable to export armatures with envelopes. But then I did a reset to export parameters and it passed

i have seeing this kind of troubles !!!         an issue i had  with blender  when  i have duplicated the mesh  1 or 2 times and made a Mirror (  while working on something else   and i do not recall)   doing a remove doubles  with a nice result of vetex up side down   (something similar to your mesh but worse ! )

my only solution   :   as no automatic way was working       -  remove option 'double side' ,  to see what vertex are in black (turned inside)      - select vertex by triangles ('face select mode')

-  and each face selected manualy  you flip normals ,    until no black faces or grey vertices / edge   visible         ( do not forget to set smouth the mesh if it is not done already)

i do not have a faster solution         any way i have never see any fast solution in any 3d soft  :dodgy:

well you should post your file.blend     as Movomo suggestion        as it could be something else !!!

Sorry the delay. I was away from files

Here BodyFlip.rar

@Kingkong: What you say both resembles and does not what happened to me

I remember working with double faced meshes, after a "remove doubles" all faces were messed up, but I found an option in >Mesh>Normals>Recalculate Outside(Ctrl N)/Inside(Ctr Shift N) that fixed the problem and realigned everything that time

It's also similar in the point where a mirror transform took place

Where it's not similar is as this body model is not activated for "double sided" and all the black parts are on the inside. Toggling "draw normals" also shows them pointing out

EDIT: Tried re-applying the mirror transform, (mirror X axis) and UV map mirror too. The export went back to normal... Problem is, I need them mirrored or it's not exactly a faithful rip...

i am lost !!!      first why is there 2 bodies  ???     nevermind !!!

it seems you have encounter  a funny bug    you have a bad  save  .blend    :    explain    blender consider your objects flipped normal but when exported  the mesh the skinn is inside

you need to correct this   by importing any foot.nif  or hands.nif   CORRECTION   A BODY.NIF  ( to keep the body weight & bones  )  you can remove skeleton (not important)   you  then select your body and join objects with hands/foot  with imported body and  you will see the body instantly become black      you remove the object just added in vertice mode  then you highlight all vertices and flip normals  .

Hold on, I'll test that, if not, I'll just apply mirror modifier to everything and then delete the original vertices keeping the mirrored ones. That's more tedious tnah mirroring the entire object but at least it prevents weird shit from happening

Oh and there are 2 bodies because what I'm ripping is 2 outfits from that game. One adapted body for each one.

I applied the same mirror tactic to the outfits, but they were double sided, so they most likely have the same issue

EDIT: That did it! It turned black showing the true nature of normals

I have the honor of encountering a weird bug LOL  :lol:

Now, tedious work ahead, but at least I know what to do now thanks!

Archived