Hurray for Nexus Mod Manager

Nelshai

So this morning Nexus Mod Manager decided to just delete all my mods. (It was all my fault; I have nexus installed in different place to mod files and it forgot where those were after I cleaned up some old files.)

I did, of course, have some backups of all my mods.

I noticed, however, that some mods are a bit... Jittery. Sexlab animations are slow to trigger, SOS is slow to add dongs, a few general things like that. Nothing major as far as I know but a lot of stuff is certainly slower.

Does anyone have any idea why? I noticed it only appears to be script heavy stuff. Hunterborn in particular causes frostfall to stop updating to the point Frostfall warns me of how slow scripts are running.

I mean... I can put up with slow scripts. It's just a bit weird since, in theory, nothing should have actually changed. (My backups are literally just copying the load order + Data folder of skyrim.)

I have no idea why.

But in any case, I highly recommend you switch over to Mod Organizer. It really does save a lot of heartache. 

I probably should. This is the second time this has happened to me. Didn't have a backup the first time...

But it's just so much easier to use the nexus mod manager. :( 

I have no idea why.

But in any case, I highly recommend you switch over to Mod Organizer. It really does save a lot of heartache. 

I probably should. This is the second time this has happened to me. Didn't have a backup the first time...

But it's just so much easier to use the nexus mod manager. :(

How so? NMM takes forever to install mods since it keeps installing, uninstalling, uncompressing mods when you want to do anything.

Mod Organizer is extremely easy to learn. You have a list of mod, you can categorize them if you want and mods with higher priority win. Reorder in the way you want. Everything is separated.

Better use MO unless you know what your doing.

@LaEspada,

What your saying seems bit weird to me because ive not those problems with NMM im using NMM sinds forever and never have these problems. maybe first few weeks i use NMM but when i knew what to do i have np at all.

It's even alot more easy sinds LOOT is main app and not BOSS anymore, NMM works perfectly for me even better now with LOOT.

But i know what im doing with all my mods.

MO is alot more easy to use when you know how, but both can do the job properly.

New players should start with MO i agree it's better,  so they avoid alot trouble if they don't realy know how to solve problems.

I decided I'd just reinstall Skyrim when I noticed that water was invisible. Apparently copying the data folder doesn't make for a great backup method.

PS: The main reason that Nexus Mod Manager updates and uninstalls shit is due to automatic updates. You can turn that off in the options. Mine, on the other hand, just forgot everything. Because it does that sometimes.

Archived