SkyUI and MO load order

Hi, it is me again with a problem. Well, more of a question with understanding load orders and the way Mod Organizer handles it.

If I would install all the Mods manually (in the real game directory), I would install SkyUI as one of the first mods, since it is often required for other mods.

So, if I had installed SkyUI and want to install Aroused Creatures, I would overwrite the script ski_playerloadgamealias.pex when doing it.

For me, this would equal having Aroused Creatures after SkyUI in the load order in MO, right?

Mod Organizer tells me to move SkyUI after Aroused Creatures, wouldn't this be equal to installing it after Creatures, if I were to install it without a Mod Managing tool?

If I follow MO's advice, then SkyUI would overwrite AC's ski_playerloadgamealias.pex. And I am not sure, if this is right.

So, my question for understanding the load order:

Does the load order represent the order in which the Mods would be installed manually? And if so, should SkyUI be early in the load order?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and hopefully answering this dumb question.

:)

576545treeee.jpg

the left side that's your virtual skyrim folder

mo load 1, then 2, then 3, then...

the red near 92, that's because some files are override by something else, probably skyre

the right side that's the scripts

invisible helmet is near the end because if a mod that edit the same lines were after, these helmets would be visible

if you put ece after unique character, game won't load texture from unique folder but from the normal folder

So, if I had installed SkyUI and want to install Aroused Creatures, I would overwrite the script ski_playerloadgamealias.pex when doing it.

For me, this would equal having Aroused Creatures after SkyUI in the load order in MO, right?

Yes

Mod Organizer tells me to move SkyUI after Aroused Creatures, wouldn't this be equal to installing it after Creatures, if I were to install it without a Mod Managing tool?

If I follow MO's advice, then SkyUI would overwrite AC's ski_playerloadgamealias.pex. And I am not sure, if this is right.

Yes.

So, my question for understanding the load order:

Does the load order represent the order in which the Mods would be installed manually?

The right side ( game load order)  is different and can be moved up or down just like any other manager like NMM etc. This controls the esps and their activity in the game. This has nothing to do with the left side "installation" of mods. Both are different sides of the manager. Left = manage the installation of mod and what they override. Right = managed the game esm/esp load orders and how the game process them. Much like a normal manager.  With both sides being able to easily be able to move mods both up and down you have complete control over the installation and load order to get the optimum results.

And if so, should SkyUI be early in the load order?

I used the "LOOT" sort and it is toward the top on my load order. Yours might be different. Allow LOOT to do its job until you either find a problem or a mod author instructs otherwise r/t their mod. ( right side)

(Left Side) I have no overrides showing. I can load it anywhere :). However if you show any of those lightening bolts. Open it up and check the conflict. If that conflict is from a mod you want to be active ( overwrite SkyUI) then just move it below that mod. It's that easy.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read and hopefully answering this dumb question.

:)

There are no dumb questions except those that aren't asked. Sometimes the most simple task can be the most confusing ;)

I hope I helped clear up the MO process better. Sorry I don't use the mods you are using so I can give you a direct answer. Hope my answer however gives you a better understanding of the process so that you don't have to " ask dumb question" :D.

Ah, sorry. I always used the term "load order" for the left side as well. I probably should have used the word "Priority" like it says above the column ^^

But I was referring to the left side with the Mods and their Priorities.

Thank you for the answers :D

So Left Window "Priority" equals manual installation order :)

And for the right side, I do use the LOOT function as well. I am good enough with breaking the game and starting a new one without messing around on the right side *g*

So Left Window "Priority" equals manual installation order

Yes where the larger number overwrites the lower numbers. ( mods lower overwrite the mods higher up in the "priority")

And for the right side, I do use the LOOT function as well. I am good enough with breaking the game and starting a new one without messing around on the right side *g*

Any time you decide to mess with the game files create a copy "profile" and break that instead. No need to create  a "new one" .. If you like it and don't break it. delete the old profile instead. If you don't and you truly break it.. delete the new broken one. You can still continue playing from where you copied the profile regardless of what you do.

Oh I almost forgot. The experimental function of MO r/t right side will offer to move some of the mods up and down depending on need. I have used it several times and it seems to be doing a decent job. Always check what was changed and make sure that the overwrites created are satisfactory or return it back. This is a good time to use the back up and restore function on either side. ( when you have a good game and not broken)

I used the experimental function, but right now I am ignoring a warning, since MO tells me that I should put SD+ behind SD+ Addons. I am pretty sure, it should stay the other way around :)

I use different profiles for different tests, but sometimes I forget to make a copy first and then *bam* the harm is done ^^

I really love MO, I have different profiles for different body replacers to test them out and even different profiles for male and female playthroughs :D

Only thing I never got to work was the Bodyslide armor thingy for CBBE, so I wasn't able to use the armors I liked. (loooong story)

But actually I like UNPB and ADEC bodies more than the CBBE ones, so no harm done there :)

Try AwefulArchdemon's MO thread. They constantly repeat and help with that. Eventually I might move to using that as I have no body changes in my current Skyrim. I have instead focused on more reliable and beneficial textures and general game fixes so far then will use the extra slots available for the " fun" or other mods that might be interesting or such.

With MO you can run these mods in any order you want even if someone states otherwise even if it is MO :D.. If it gets the desired results overriding the needed files the way you want who cares. It is only textures, meshes and such no real harm done. Scripts are a different story however with copied profiles being tested even that don't matter. If it don't work no problem attempt to clean the save if possible so that you can use it with the original profile ( save the play through to where you are currently ) if not .. worst case you go back a few quest.

Archived