Increased frequency of infinite load screens

circ

I've been pretty ILS free for a long time, just had issues with CTD's that usually sort themselves out after doing this and that with mod so and so.

But now ILS's are back with a vengeance. It got to the point in my last attempt at a playthrough that every 20 to 30 minutes I would get an ILS on area transition. Fort Dawnguard especially loved itself some ILS.

So, having been a while since I reinstalled Skyrim completely, I decided to do that. Thought I was clear of ILS's but just earlier I got one, again. Sigh. I haven't really tracked the problem down to a specific reason, though I suspect it's one of two reasons as I seem to remember the frequency going up around the time of said mods being installed.

One; I installed Defeat 5.3b, but as I got repeated CTD's in certain situations because it was incompatible with PapyrusUtil 2.3 - for me atleast, I downgraded to PapyrusUtil 2.2. Cue increase in ILS's, possibly. So possibly the old PapyrusUtil script is causing it because atleast three mods depend on it - SexLab 1.58b, Defeat 5.3b and I think Schlongs of Skyrim newer versions.

Two; another thing I installed recently was the Particle Patch - All-in-one version. I've been thinking this is the more likely reason, for some reason. But that doesn't really make sense. All it does is install a dozen or so meshes and two or three textures. Could said textures really be causing ILS's, especially when they're not used that often.

It's common misinterpretion that a reinstall of skyrim solves something.. this is only the case if your vanilla files are damaged.

An infinite loading screen can occur through quite a few things, the most reason for it though is a bloated savegame.

What's the size of your save file you're playing with?

Another great and very common reason for this sort of issue is that your are running out of memory, it usually causes infinite load or CTD.
You see skyrim starts with a "Box" of 256 memory, but when it reaches that it's supposed to make another second "box" of 256 memory, but the issue is that it borks it up every... single.... time.

So someone with a huge brain and the ability to think about larger boxes made a mod that makes skyrim simply start with a bigger box of memory to use so it does not trigger that function.

POW here you go, not sure if it's your issue but worth a try, fixed all my CTD and ILS issues right up but that was me not you so we will see!
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/?

I recommend this guide: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/?

It helped me remove most CTDs and all ILS. As many have pointed out here, it does not help (permanently) to reinstall Skyrim. There are also several good save game cleaners, that I would give a go if you have installed and uninstalled lots of modules.

I recommend this cleaner: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

As always, back up your saves and configuration before making changes to it. If you haven't before, now is a good time to invest in learning a mod manager (Mod Organizer is a popular one).

I've been running the SKSE memory patch since whenever it came out around the beginning of the year. The previous save got cleaned, or looked at every now and then - and only had an issue once when a bunch of Dawnguard scripts hadn't been cleared from it. I suspect it was because I told Serana to go get vampire cured when we were both in the Soul Cairn, and that place seems to be some kind of bug central. That save got to about 11 megs. My current save is about 5.7 megs.

I use the official HD textures, unpacked, overwritten by Skyrim HD textures lite where possible and Unofficial texture fixes. No SMIM, but texture and mesh replacers for jewelry like rings, amulets and circlets. That's about it, and I haven't had ILS issues with that setup until recently. Did remove particle patch earlier, will see how it runs for now.

Here's a quick list of other mods in use:

(0) Skyrim.esm
(1) Update.esm
(2) Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
(3) Dawnguard.esm
(4) Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
(5) Dragonborn.esm
(6) Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
(7) SPERG.esm
(8) AzarHair.esm
(9) SexLab.esm
(10) Devious Devices - Assets.esm
(11) hdtHighHeel.esm
(12) Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
(13) SexLabAroused.esm
(14) ZaZAnimationPack.esm
(15) Devious Devices - Integration.esm
(16) Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
(17) Convenient Horses.esp
(18) Rayg_AshstormNoSnow.esp
(19) NB-Scars.esp
(20) Devious Deviants.esp
(21) Random Vampire Attacks in Towns Disabled.esp
(22) SPERG-DB.esp
(23) DeviouslyHelpless.esp
(24) Hypothermia.esp
(25) Hypothermia-DLC.esp
(26) getSnowy.esp
(27) RaceMenuPlugin.esp
(28) SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
(29) SexLab Aroused Creatures.esp
(30) RaceMenu.esp
(31) Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
(32) SPERG.esp
(33) SexLabNudeCreatures.esp
(34) SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp
(35) SexLabDefeat.esp
(36) mcCampingLite.esp
(37) TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
(38) mslDeviousCaptures.esp
(39) SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp
(40) dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
(41) Skyrim_Strap_Ons.esp
(42) SkyUI.esp
(43) SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
(44) SPERG-DG.esp

Ok it's a little early to speculate just yet, but after removing the particle patch meshes and textures, there hasn't been anything remotely like an ILS. Hope it continues, and I wonder why that patch would cause such issues.

Archived