SOS Schlong Expansion Rings Mod (WIP)

vincentoroscoe

So, since I can't start a new thread in the Downloads section of Skyrim, and could use some testers/helpers to get this working a bit better, I figured I should upload it here.

Basically I recoded the edited Breast Expansion Rings mod from here to work with the male genitals in SOS. Rings can be found in the Temple of Kynareth in Whiterun, in a small chest/box on the floor. The chest is next to the bookcase in the room  with the beds.

I may have left some of the rings set to grow both the schlong AND balls, which will make the balls grow twice as much. If this is the case, let me know and I'll fix that.

Known issues that need to be worked out, listed in order of importance: 

1) If you switch/use the rings too many times, the genitals will disappear; you will have the hole in crotch issue and it'll require a FULL restart of Skyrim to fix. What causes this is anyone's guess, as it does this on both the full and lite versions of SOS for me.

2) The groin area also grows with the penis and balls, which ends up looking weird/wonky when using the more potent rings; this would likely require an edit to the mesh to fix, or a change to the SOS mod itself, but since I don't know anything about editing meshes, or how to get SOS to read/use modified NIF files, this is something that -would- require the assistance of another person.

3) The balls end up looking funky if your size in SOS is set on the lower end; this would be due to the way the schlongs are coded to grow in SOS, and would require either some coding changes in SOS or some way for SOS to recognize changes to the NIF files it adds.

If there are any other bugs/issues or you would be willing to help with any of the things listen, please let me know.

4) The growth animation is not 100% fluid; it will occasionally stutter/stop for a second before the growth continues. This may be due to the speed or some other factor.

5) Sometimes the facial animations don't run; again, I'm not sure what causes this.

br_enl_plus- SOS Edition.7z

Glad you overcome the script issues you had.

I wanted to test the rings, but the script files are not OK.

Got this error in my papyrus log:

[07/17/2014 - 07:53:51PM] DATA\SCRIPTS\brenl_alias_sc.pex : fatal: Magic number doesn't match, file is not a compiled script

And it's true, the contents of this .pex files is not the compiled script, it's like the source script renamed.

Glad you overcome the script issues you had.

I wanted to test the rings, but the script files are not OK.

Got this error in my papyrus log:

[07/17/2014 - 07:53:51PM] DATA\SCRIPTS\brenl_alias_sc.pex : fatal: Magic number doesn't match, file is not a compiled script

And it's true, the contents of this .pex files is not the compiled script, it's like the source script renamed.

Never -did- overcome the script issues, hence the list of all the same problems I had when I was trying to in the technical support forum. I was hoping I might get some help with the scripting, mesh and other problems if I posted it here instead.

Correct version has been uploaded now. If you still get the Papyrus error, then I don't know what to tell you, because I uploaded the compressed file that's in NMM's mod folder, and made sure it worked in-game.

It is still wrong. The NMM folder doesn't mean anything. That's a copy of the archive you added to NMM.

Get the script files from data\scripts

Open the brenl_alias_sc.pex file with a text editor. Make sure it doesn't look like a regular source file (.psc) before uploading them. Compare them with other pex in case of doubt.

It is still wrong. The NMM folder doesn't mean anything. That's a copy of the archive you added to NMM.

Get the script files from data\scripts

Open the brenl_alias_sc.pex file with a text editor. Make sure it doesn't look like a regular source file (.psc) before uploading them. Compare them with other pex in case of doubt.

How is it able to still work if the file is messed up? I'm surprised it's not correct, seeing as I did the modding in the CK and it came back error-free.

How would I fix the .pex file, then? If I do, is it even going to make a difference?

I guess because you uploaded a file from a place not being used by the game (NMM's mod folder), and hopefully the right file stays in data\scripts.

Stop ignoring me and take a look at data\scripts\brenl_alias_sc.pex with a text editor. Does it look like any other pex file?

I guess because you uploaded a file from a place not being used by the game (NMM's mod folder), and hopefully the right file stays in data\scripts.

Stop ignoring me and take a look at data\scripts\brenl_alias_sc.pex with a text editor. Does it look like any other pex file?

I'm not ignoring you, I'm simply asking whether it would make an impact if I fixed it or not, and how -to- fix the pex file.

You're right, it doesn't look like any other PEX file. Now would you please answer my questions?

The pex files is produced automatically by the CK when you save a script file using its interface. There are other methods that require more work.

So the better way to fix the pex is loading the mod in CK, locating the corresponding script (brenl_alias_sc.pex looks like should be in the alias tab in a quest), and saving the script.

Why does this pex file work for you? Well, I think that's not possible, maybe it's another script file who is doing the job.

The pex files is produced automatically by the CK when you save a script file using its interface. There are other methods that require more work.

So the better way to fix the pex is loading the mod in CK, locating the corresponding script (brenl_alias_sc.pex looks like should be in the alias tab in a quest), and saving the script.

Why does this pex file work for you? Well, I think that's not possible, maybe it's another script file who is doing the job.

Already did that, and get no errors when I compile and save it using the CK. There's no other script that could be causing the growth effect, either. I even changed the amount of growth the rings would cause the last time around, and what body parts would grow. It worked just fine.

So no, it doesn't look like any other PEX file. It still works, and, for whatever reason, gives me no errors when I compile and save the script/mod. I'm changing that script file only. If there's some other script file doing the growth animation, then how would it have gotten changed when I modified this one to not only cause -less- growth, but also cause the -pelvis- to, just for the heck of it?

I also attached a screenshot as proof that I don't get any errors when I compile it. I can't fix something that works fine for me and the CK gives no errors for.

post-375976-0-75052000-1406847046_thumb.png

The psc file has two properties: GenBase and GenScrot

The contents on the editor in your image only has GenBase property. What you have in that image it's the pex file.

I have no idea how you manage to have the pex file loaded in that editor. The CK should load the psc, not the pex.

Delete the pex file and try to compile the psc. It has an error that you'll need to fix: there is a missing LookGenScrot variable.

• 2 months later...

Oh lord, it's been a while. Lots of stuff happened in my life that prevented me from returning to this, most of which was bad. I apologize for my absence.

I think I may have fixed the problem now, though I'll need someone else to check it. I checked the PEX file after recompiling, and it looks like it should. I also got rid of GenScrot coding entirely, because I'm more concerned with getting the mod working completely correctly first.

Now, if I could only find the darn button to upload the 7zip file...yeesh, it really HAS been too long. D=
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't say that I've ever got this mod working no matter how many times I have a character of whatever gender equip or unequip the rings despite not having the same problems with the Breast Enlargement Rings that this mod is based upon. 

I'm still definitely all for rings which act like a version of the SOS plug-in for Race Menu which don't do away with SOS ranks.

Can I make Butt expansion rings? I honestly don't know. It would require butt nodes in the skeleton NIF files. XPMS has them, but I can't get them to actually DO anything on the male or female skeletons.

As for the rings not working, The only thing I can suggest is going and loading the mod into the CK, finding it in the quest list (search brenl), and go recompile the Papyrus document. If there are any errors, please let me know...for some stupid reason the CK would put out PSC and PEX files that were written exactly the same, though I'd thought I had fixed that as of the last file I'd uploaded.

I seem to be unable to get it working anymore myself, and when I went to recompile the Papyrus document in the CK, I got a bunch of errors that weren't there before, and don't even make sense. something about the NetImmerse Override, and other things that I can copy and paste if anyone's willing to take a look.

I have a sinking feeling that the culprit is XPMS, as I just recently installed it, and never had issues beforehand. I can't get the original Breast Enlargement Rings mod to work either, so it's not just my version. The CK can't even open up the PSC files for the original mod, which I've never had happen before.

And, while I could uninstall it and reinstall SOS so I have the skeletons I originally had this working on, I don't see much reason to when I'm not even sure how to get this working for anyone else, and the added Race Menu options XPMS gives me for muscle/size editing are many times better than the regular SOS skeleton.

This isn't to say I -don't- want to get this mod working, just that the chances I could on my own are slim to none; I seem to be the only one that's ever gotten my edit to work, and if it's working for me, I can't really fix whatever's causing problems for others.

What would be helpful is if I had someone who could troubleshoot some of this stuff, as I'm not that great at Papyrus, and when I'm pretty much the only one testing this out, it's all but impossible to know if it'll work for others. What I'd -like- is to get this working for the XPMS' skeletons, but I haven't the slightest idea how to.

Archived