I can't seem to figure out what's causing my random CTD's

Alonwoof

OK, so I've been playing and modding Skyrim for a while. I know the basics, and I've made a few mods myself, even done a little scripting. I clean my mods regularly, use Mod Organizer, and LOOT, and everything... but, for the life of me, I can't figure out why my game decides to suddenly CTD sometimes for no particular reason I can identify. I don't believe the mods I'm using are particularly unstable, but I'm not entirely sure. The only ones I could think of that would make me CTD are various SexLab mods, like Aroused and Matchmaker, but I'm not sure of that either since I've disabled them and still had issues. Children of the Sky was a candidate, since it overrides a lot of things that don't need to be overridden. (Like facegen files. I don't want to play as the race, just want to have it in the game. And it messes up my face/eye settings in the Race menu)

I tried considering that it might be too many mods in general, but I don't think that's it either. I've got 8GB of RAM, 1GB of VRAM,  and an Intel i5 CPU with 4 cores. Skyrim automatically sets my settings to medium or medium-high or so when I start it via the launcher.
I've tried tweaking various INI settings, but they seem to just be placebo settings. Also tried reverting to vanilla. No difference.

I notice my crashes happen more often than not when I'm crossing into new cells. I can tell because my player usually goes into bind pose as it reloads their animations. (I never had this problem before I got mod organizer, I think it's because my install of it is on a different drive from my Skyrim install. Actually moving it as I type this. And no, I'm sure this isn't the source of the random CTDs, I had the same problem with NMM)

The crashes mainly occur either when I'm moving, or there's a lot going on/being loaded. Or occur when I do a random action, like loot a corpse. Or shoot a bow and it tries to switch to killmove view. And it's totally random. And it seems to happen regardless of load order. I don't remember the vanilla game giving me this problem.

I have the latest SKSE, 1.7... and I got the latest FNIS, and I'm using Skyrim Startup Memory Editor as well. And a few SKSE plugins for things like the Race menu, and the third person body in first person thing. But I had random CTD's before I even got those.

I also get crashes on loading sometimes. Read that this can be caused by orphaned scripts, but it seems to happen without uninstalling mods, and even after I use the script save cleaner to clean the save. it even happens on new games I just made, too.

What's weird is, on some day, I can load my game and play for hours with no crashes.

Anyways, my load order I was too embarrassed to post on the Nexus forums -

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ApachiiHair.esm
AOM.esm
BBLuxurySuite.esm
DonJuansPlayersClubMaster.esm
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
RaceCompatibility.esm
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm
SexLab.esm
SexLabAroused.esm
XFLMain.esm
3DNPC.esp
SkyUI.esp
Loadout.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
BS-TheHag_Overlays.esp
XFLDialogue.esp
SexLabMatchMaker.esp
Fudou Myouou.esp
Ghosu - Project Flintlock - Ammo Addon.esp
AK_RM_Pubic_Styles.esp
enchantmentcleanserdlc2.esp
Brawl Bugs CE.esp
TeraBoots.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
Female Dragon.esp
enchantmentcleanserdlc1.esp
Feminine Females.esp
digitigradekhajiit+argonianraptor.esp
Giants.esp
One With Nature - DG+DB.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
Animations.esp
ElderOutfit.esp
Dynamic TimeScale.esp
AutoAim.esp
No More Glowing Edges.esp
SmartCast_1_0.esp
RaceMenuOverlays.esp
RaceMenu.esp
Real Roads.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
crossbowsrevamped.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
clubhouse.esp
AOM.esp
CustomRaces.esp
Customizable Camera.esp
SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp
Immersive Arousal.esp
FlameAtronachArmor.esp
cursed.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
aura whisper no guard warnings.esp
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp
SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp
SexLab Enchantress.esp
SexLabSquirt.esp
XFLPlugins.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp
SolitudeCapitalEdition.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
Mrissi.esp
Cloaks.esp
Legionettes.esp
dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
TheChoiceIsYours.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves.esp
BBLuxurySuiteExt.esp
hg.esp
hankyenchremade.esp
fine goods from morrowind.esp
hiddenidentities.esp
iHUD.esp
BBLSVisitors.esp
purewaters.esp
Watercolor_for_ENB_RWT.esp
AV1Jills.esp
BBLSHousecarlsmovein.esp
BBLSspouse.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Waves - Dawnguard.esp
portal2mod.esp
notched.esp
TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp
ACE BYOG.esp
taminganimals.esp
a hypothetical treachery - thegreylight.esp
soul_fusion.esp
PCEA - 0 - DG and DB DLC - All Races.esp
Statues.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

(A few of these are modifications made by me. But none of them have scripts, and are simple form edits. And I had CTDs before I even made them)

If anyone knows what it could be, please tell me. Oh, and all the mods reported dirty by LOOT were cleaned.

I'm not qualified to give you a proper answer. You're using programs and mods I'm unfamiliar with. I'm only going to offer what little info I have. My impression is you know as much or more than I do.

In your post, it wasn't clear if you were testing theories with new games or existing ones. My understanding of scripts is they are hardwritten into a saved game. Even deselecting all mods and running 'vanilla' will leave the scripts in your saved game possibly causing CTDs. The other thing I've learned is that CTDs on load are usually caused by mod load order. I'm not familiar with Mod Organizer or LOOT. I use BOSS and TES5Edit.

Probably not the issue but I've noticed BOSS will place a mod in the load order but the mod author will specify the mod should be loaded last.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Sometimes we just overlook the simplest things.

I know this might seem like a wierd idea, but have u tried playing in windowed instead of fullscreen? Because every time i play in full screen i ctd, i infinite load screen, enb flashes and bugs out, etc. I play in windowed, i haven't ctd in a long time. If you're already playing in windowed, not much i can help with im afraid :(

8GB of RAM, 1GB of VRAM this not much. yes you have 8 gig of memory but VRAM is more important when using mods.

if you are crashing if too many things on screen means you run out of VRAM you have a allot of graphical mods installed and if all of them gets visible bye bye you go.

You will probably want to invest in a graphics card with at least more then that as memory or forget installing too many mods.

Ditch SSME if you dont know skse 1,7,1 and 1.7.0 both have it and it will cause issues if you run em both from my understanding and add these lines to your skse .ini. Dont think that will stop your ctds but should help

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

He only had 1 gig of Vram so the ini tweak will do little for his crashes. if he uses highress textures for body mod and uses just like 1 mod of 3DNPC.esp he could already be pushing his system to crash fest. Since this mod will add many npc's to the game and every single npc added is uses textures space then he has not more memory left to do other stuff.

I have less vram than that while I had a massive ctd problem very recently it wasn't related. I personally have 3dnpc and Inpc with 4k body textures and cant say that causes me issues. Odds are his problem is like what mine was and a mod conflict since all my ctd's atm happen when I try to save but does not happen often. Just my recent experience I could be wrong though.

Ditch SSME if you dont know skse 1,7,1 and 1.7.0 both have it and it will cause issues if you run em both from my understanding and add these lines to your skse .ini. Dont think that will stop your ctds but should help

[Memory]

DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

Definitely make sure you have these values in your SKSE.ini file.

Since you have 1gb of VRAM install enboost or minimal enb by ewi65, not for the graphics effects but the memory management features (it will leverage your 8gb RAM to augment your 1gb VRAM). Advice on enboost and a stable mod base (with advice & support specific to 1gb VRAM) to add your favorite LL mods to, check out STEP Wiki.

If you think the issue is script overload, Convenient Horses has a script latency checker in its MCM.

Wow, never knew having only 1GB of VRAM sucked that bad... I never figured it wasn't enough.
I don't have a bunch of hires texture mods for the most part, mostly just the body mods. (And the Sexy Cities mods) I usually use 1k textures, 2k at the maximum.
Anyways, I seem to have solved it by getting rid of all my mods from the Workshop, so maybe it was one of them. I never really liked Steam Workshop anyways, and most of the mods I got from there were pretty dirty, anyways. My game doesn't seem to be crashing anymore. And I can load my saves directly from the title with no problems. But a problem may still present itself after I play for like, 30 minutes or more. Dunno yet. Will test.

Anyways, I didn't know they already implemented the memory patch into SKSE. I got the latest version last night, and now I've removed SSME and added the ini tweaks bahamut2119 gave me. Makes things a lot simpler. I have ENBboost, and I think it helps a little. Not entirely sure.
Truth is, I have a crappy laptop I got as a gift a few years ago, and no money to buy a new machine. So there's no real way to upgrade my GPU at the moment. (Until I get a new board for my desktop. Kinda fried it a few years ago....)

Anyways, thanks for all the help. This is my first post on LoversLab, and I gotta say, I like how friendly and helpful everyone is. Thanks. ^_^

It was easy for me to not to know SSME got added so you can't be faulted there hell I only know about it cause I spend alot of time browsing these forums and looking at other people's problems even if I dont have a clue whats going on just so I learn. Your game will still likely ctd I doubt theres any way to totally prevent it but it should be alot better.

So iv been playing this save for awhile (lvl 57) had a few crashes here and there no biggy. Then i get to Solstiem to start some dragonborn content and i crash all over the place.  

Iv been playin for like a year now wihtout enabling papyrus so i finally did and i get a 3.17mb log on my lastest crash. Im guessing thats big? 

Im sorry if i shouldnt be posting this in your thread Alonguy98 but wanted to see if anyone could make heads or tails of this.

after looking through log in my above post i saw tons of errors around loverscomfort so i removed it, loaded up my game walked 100 steps across solstiem crashed then i got a much smaller log 594kb now i see tons of references to woodchopping (either frostfall or ''more firewood per chop'')  bounty hunters (probably prison overhaul) playerdance and pimpdance (probably TDF prostitution)

Why oh why does this only happen on Solstiem it makes noooo sense.

Archived