Sexout crippling companions

Having sex with a companion as part of a threesome (using SexoutSex and SexoutNG) results in that companion no longer following me or fighting after the sex animation has completed, but rather standing at the last travel-door we entered and then teleporting to me when I get far enough away and standing there until I get far enough away, then teleporting... [LOOP]. Once in this condition, the follower will not fight at all, even when directly attacked as he or she stands idly at a doorway.

When I check their inventory after I realize that they are now broken as followers, I am finding two objects named something like this:

DO NOT TAKE OR DELETE Sexout [something-or-other] 10000nnn

DO NOT TAKE OR DELETE Sexout [something-or-other] 100nnnnn

I apologize for not writing down the actual names & RefIDs of these items. I just remember that the first item started with 10000 and the second one with 100. The load order of Sexout.esm is 10 in hex, 17 decimal, so those two ID's starting with 10 makes sense.

Dismissing the follower has no effect on the problem, nor does telling them to wait then follow, nor does cycling through combat options, nor does reloading the game.

Yes, I know what "DO NOT TAKE OR DELETE" means, but after trying literally everything else except starting a new game, I did in fact delete them after backing up my game and saves.

In one case (vanilla follower Craig Boone) deleting the two Sexout items using removeitem in the console solved the problem- he resumed following as he should and fighting as appropriate to whatever aggression/combat setting I had selected. This seems to me to constitute clear evidence that Sexout is the cause of the problem.

In tonight's case (mod-added follower Wendy Gibson) deleting the two items using the console did not fix the problem, and I had to uninstall/clean save/reinstall her mod to restore her functionality. Doing so cost me all of her Skill levels that I had trained up, and I now have a much less capable follower because of this Sexout issue.

Here's my load order, as sorted by the latest release of LOOT:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
MikotoBeauty.esm
NVEC BugFixes.esm
NVWillow.esp
PipboyRemover.esm
RHKGilbertCompanion.esm
jokristinascloset.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
SexoutSlavery.esm
BBAliceMurray.esp
CASM.esp
MojaveDelight.esp
DoubleVendorMoney.esp
WastelandCourier.esp
epock.esp
Further3rdPersonCamera.esp
NVEC Reduce CTD.esp
BBTombRaider.esp
BB_Persona_and_Secret.esp
Free Tribal Outfits.esp
WhiteGloveArmor.esp
jokristinascloset.esp
merccustom.esp
NV_AsharasFormalClothing.esp
MikotoBeauty.esp
No Scope Wobble.esp
NWIxiaarmor1.esp
Type3 Leather Armors.esp
NVLadyoutfit1.esp
Neckchains.esp
Nidaoutfitv1.esp
sexysleepwear.esp
JillBSAA.esp
dragongirl.esp
RHKGilbertCompanion-MojaveDelight.esp
SexoutFadeToBlack.esp
SexoutSex.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
SexoutSCRDebug.esp
SmallerTalk.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp
jokriss.esp
veronica_no_hood.esp
aaaMergedPatch.esp

Total active plugins: 54
Total plugins: 54

Can anyone shed any light on what these two Sexout inventory items are and why/how they get stuck in followers' inventories after threesomes, and how I can fix the problem without deleting the items, etc. etc.??? As it stands now, I'm afraid to party with any of my followers, and that takes most of the fun out of Sexout.

Thanks.

Archived