How to make .Bsa work?

Hellu

so i want to make a kitsumimi update for my project

But it uses different hand textures which overrides the hand of the main project one i never figured out how to use different pipboyhand mesh and 1stperson hand textures.. they always target the same

So i figured if i make a bsa for the kitsumimi along with a separate esp

and if i make it in bsa , that i could then have and use both hand textures without them overriding each others since the kitsumimi should be using the one inside the bsa right?

So i used FoMM Bsa Creator option,

added every folders of my update and named it the exact same thing has my esp

i did not put esp inside folder though

so now i remove all folders and leave only the bsa out and well i get red exclamation missing mesh/texture stuff so it is not working at all

so how to i make my esp target the bsa?

does it have to be a esm or what am i doing wrong...

all i read is they say simple.. create bsa and name it the same has your esp..but that doesn't seem to be working

think i found the culprit

i open another one and it said file path mesh/character/_male/

when i make my bsa the *Relative path*  only says the .nif name  so i have to add the path from like mesh/character/_male/ myself

well i think its working im going to try deleting so stuff and see

Not so but think i will just put the hands in a bsa since i doubt i will change it often and that kitsu update will be a work in progress

the problem is

i can put everything in different folders no problem

But i never was able to figure out how to Force geck to use my handfemale_1st.dds

every single hand mesh in my folder is targetting to my custome pink nails.dds

Which will work on all my followers and NPC's

But not on myself since no mather what i do in geck.. Like my followers will use the texture i tell geck to use no mather what

But Then if i use Facegen on my skins or whatever Hand texture i tell it to use, it won't listen

it really is all i want basically to make my hands use a second set of handfemale_1st.dds texture

Because those new bodies are oblivion convertions all uses a paler tan texture so the hands just won't fit 

So i already have 30 races in project all uses fallout bodies and uv map

but all those new kitsumimi are oblivion converts 

so if people pick one of the 30 default race it has to use the default texture for the handfemale_1st.dds

But then if they take Any of the converted bodies it will target the same handfemale_1st.dds  and it will not match at all

and like i said i can change every single mesh and it will not matter...So basically when i use converted body i switch my oblivion texture name to handfemale_1st.dds

But then of course every other bodies in the game won't fit

nope not working still using the default handfemale_1st hand texture

There are only three reasons this will happen.

1. You have the path wrong in the BSA, as you already mentioned.

2. You have a loose file with the same name in the data dir. Loose files *always* take precedence over files in BSAs.

3. The BSA itself has the wrong name and isn't being used.

There's really no mystery to it, and nothing to figure out. Just check all of these things, one or more of them is wrong.

Ya was only the Relative path that i have to put link manually

Problem still remains though that i can onlly have 1 hand texture O_o

I made a Bsa for my Project itself

+ a bsa for my kitsumimi update

But now the kitsu Update Bsa works

but it will override the hands from my Main one

I removed  handfemale_1st.dds from everywhere in the folders and only left it inside the bsa's

But now only the One from My kitsu update esp is working and is using oblivion hand textures 

and i mean what the hhhhheeeellllllll  it has to be doable.... All those mods like Daughter of ares...

Pretty simple..when you a Ares you get White Handfemale_1st texture...

But your not Stuck uninstalling the Mod to get the normal texture back if you choose Another Race..

Dunno why noone can help me for that i been asking this around for 4 month's...

Everyone tells me change hand texture in geck....its NOT that

Every single hand mesh i got links to the proper texture too, and in geck has well

But it wont ever use the handfemale.dds i tell it to use tell ya it uses only 1 texture which i cannot decided

i even tried having my Relative path name to handfemale_1st.com  but it was linked to handfemale_1st Kitsu.dds

So it should not be overriding the other O_O but not working...

All i want...is if people use my Fallout Bodies race option that it changes back to using the Fallout texture...

And when i take the new kitsu Race with oblivion mesh it needs to target the oblivion textures..

No matter what texture i tell Nifskope or Geck to use it will use ONLY that handfemale_1st on myself

Works on Any Companion or any Npc...

But since we use ONLY handfemale_1st.dds texture and there is absolutely noway i can tell geck which one to use...Or IS THERE???

Problem still remains though that i can onlly have 1 hand texture O_o

That is... normal. How could it be otherwise?

The BSAs are nothing but a zipfile representing the contents of the data dir. You can only have one file of a given name and path in the data dir, and likewise, you can only have one BSA entry with a given path and filename.

But your not Stuck uninstalling the Mod to get the normal texture back if you choose Another Race..

It's because they are different races, and the files are in different directories.

Dunno why noone can help me for that i been asking this around for 4 month's...

My guess is that, up until this message, nobody knew what the hell you were talking about.

...what the hell im speaking about...so rude...

its very simple.. i want different races to use a different handfemale_1st.dds hand texture...

daughter of ares does it, Mojave does it.. all custom races mods containing a Bsa is able to do it...

i could install ares right now and even if i have 3 custom race already, Ares would still somehow Use her proper WHITE handfemale_1st.dds texture and not override the one i have

simple.. i can easily use different hand textures for NPC and companions since they use what Geck tells them to use

we unlike npc's use ONLY handfemale_1st.dds texture and i cannot tell Geck which one to use,

So i cannot simply rename the file like ANY other files and tell geck to use this one instead

i know the basics...i know normally u just rename or move in other folders

but ONLY the hands on Players is doing this

NO matter what texture you use in geck, the game by default will target handfemale_1st.dds  

no matter what other texture i put in geck

Archived