non-basic OBSE problems

So i just recently reinstalled oblivion on my comp and went through and downloaded all my shit, but now i'm looking at a problem i havn't seen before and can't solve for the life of me.

OBSE won't launch.

And how many good adult mods don't require OBSE? right. a week of frustration i think is more than enough to ask for outside help on this one. Here's what i've done:

Put the editor and the 1.2whatevernumber .dll files in the oblivion dir (with the .exe)

I have used the old launcher suggested here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-900993.html

I have unblocked the dll and exe files

i have tried turning it on and off again.

The strange thing i can't figure out is that it launches with the above launcher. but OBSE dosn't. so i'll create a new char and get this chastising message from lovers that says i didn't read instructions and boss isn't loaded. i'm not getting a obse file with my saves, either. it launches with obse but obse dosn't launch with it. and i get no error messages whatsoever. WTF?!

The Link you posted is from 2009 !

You Need no Special launcher !

OBSE 21

If you have a POblivion CD Version : Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_loader.exe and the Data folder to your Oblivion Directory (not in the data Folder ! Start your game with the obse_loader.exe

If you have a steam Oblivion Version : Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_loader.exe and the Data folder to your Oblivion Folder ! Start the game with Oblivion.exe. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load.

See OBSE readme.

With OBSE 20 it is the same only there is no data Folder ( in the OBSE21 data Folder is a OBSE ini)

Also the Oblivion Modmanger starts Oblivion with OBSE when you click the "launch game" button.

A tip: Do not install Oblivion in the folder specified by the Installation ( C:\ programfiles.....), Change it, best not in C: (if your Windows crashed/virus and you must delete whole C all your mods are gone). Problem are the fucking administrator rights, some Oblivion programs do not work right with the standart Folder, or you have Problems to overwrite files,......

The Link you posted is from 2009 !

You Need no Special launcher !

OBSE 21

If you have a POblivion CD Version : Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_loader.exe and the Data folder to your Oblivion Directory (not in the data Folder ! Start your game with the obse_loader.exe

If you have a steam Oblivion Version : Copy obse_1_2_416.dll, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_loader.exe and the Data folder to your Oblivion Folder ! Start the game with Oblivion.exe. Ensure you have enabled the Steam community in-game, or OBSE will fail to load.

See OBSE readme.

With OBSE 20 it is the same only there is no data Folder ( in the OBSE21 data Folder is a OBSE ini)

Also the Oblivion Modmanger starts Oblivion with OBSE when you click the "launch game" button.

A tip: Do not install Oblivion in the folder specified by the Installation ( C:\ programfiles.....), Change it, best not in C: (if your Windows crashed/virus and you must delete whole C all your mods are gone). Problem are the fucking administrator rights, some Oblivion programs do not work right with the standart Folder, or you have Problems to overwrite files,......

Hey, thanks for the reply!

Bad news, i kinda already did all that. i worded it oddly in my op and that's my fault. i've already done what the OBSE readme said, the two .dll files i need are already there and the communety is enabled. OBSE dosn't run automatically, reguardless of if i launch it through steam or the exe itself. but now that you mention it, i do remember my old install not being in the steam folder... i'm going have to try that...

edit:

oh yeah i knew the launcher was old lol i was just trying to find something that works so i could at least get my mods working (if slightly faulty. hey, if it works it works, right? lol)

Archived