geckbeards

Zexan

I've been modding raiders in Fallout 3. I've done quite a bit of changes to the leveled lists in the geck, and I've now encountered a problem where some of the female raiders I've created have beards (they probably started off as male raiders, and I checked the female box). Can anyone tell me where the beards would be coming from? I've been trying to find where beards are controlled in the geck, but I can't find anything.

When you edit the NPC, there's a specific tab called Head Parts. They are inherited by the Template Data (first tab, bottom left) which disables them if its flagged, and you should modify the template itself. But if it's vanilla would be better creating a new template instead than modify it

Yeah, I've been doing it by altering the templates, but I don't see anything that specifically says beards. Most of the templates head part screens say none for both hair and eyes, which I'm assuming makes it random what hair and eyes they get. Would that be giving them a beard even though they're checked as female? Do I need to select something for hair and eyes on all the templates? I can't even find where specifically you would give someone a beard. I'd think it would maybe be in the head part addons at the bottom of the head parts tab, but all of my templates have that area blank. What area of the head parts tab should beards be under?

Ahh, okay, I found it. I changed most of the raiders in my game, and I wasn't sure which one was causing the problems. I thought I looked through all of them and couldn't find beard, but after taking another look specifically under head part add ons, I've found it.

Thanks for the help!

Archived