[Help] Autodesk 3ds Max Question

insec

Hey Guys i have a Problem, i have some Models , but i must Drag and Drop on every Model the texture, and the Models are only one part so the textures for the Head goes over the Complete Model.

I Hope you know what i mean , i have an example .

Can i Change that ?2mpfmsx.png

Oh dear. It's not that simple. What is required to get the textures properly on the model is UV-mapping, one of the harder things that comes with making a textured model. It's also something that I can't explain in just a briefly reply and I strongly suggest searching youtube for UV mapping tutorials in 3dsmax. Needless to say, it takes a lot of work, practise and trial-and-error. As for the materials, press M to open the material editor, don't just drag and drop. Also search youtube on how to properly work with the material editor itself. If you're really lucky, the model could be UV-mapped if someone else made it, in that case look up how to properly use the material editor.

In a way, you just asked how to cook a five-star meal with your microwave, where I have to step in and disappoint you by explaining that microwaves don't cook gourmet meals from scratch.

Start with an easy model and a tutorial. :) Right now the model doesn't even seem right to UV-map though, it should be in a T-pose for starters.Skin_Pose.jpg

Hi. You model has separate parts but each part has been joined to make 1 mesh. You must go into element mode to select individual parts.

Here the white wireframe shows all the parts of this mesh with dress element selected. You can apply texture as normal.

post-8195-0-38183600-1401653727_thumb.jpg

Dude, just import the model into 3ds max, don't do anything but export it to a nif file, it'll split the model to pieces in accordance to its materials. Then, re-import the exported nif file.

Tell me if it works for you.

Edit:

You can apply those textures in the material editor. Like the others are asking, if it's xnalara models then you might just be importing the models as a single mesh, you should untick the option for this as shown in the above post.

If you import them as a single mesh, the materials are joined into a multi-material which you can view in material editor (Shortcut Key: m) the material will be displayed in the left side panel under "Scene Materials" double-click on the material listed for your imported model and it should show the several materials that you can assign the textures for.

Sorry im a beginner, i found them on youtube. They are normally cinema 4d format, but a friend convert me the models in .obj . Yes thanks R0R0N0 it works fine for me, thanks alot dude, and thanks to the other guys ♥  . The Problem is not on all Models , some Models have parts and other's not.

Edit: I dont know what is XNAlara ?  I use this Models for an Outlast mod for Skyrim

Archived