RaceMenu and ECE

I just read on RaceMenu mod desription that Expired is working on a compatibility patch for ECE. I've only one thing to say to this: About freakin' time! Honestly, I am sick of RaceMenu getting the better piece of the pie when it comes to things like warpaints and features such as freckles. I don't really feel chatty because *yawn* I am a little sleepy. Just a little.

So what do you think about this? As a RaceMenu user or an ECE user? I think I am going to bed. Was that terrible? Perhaps.

EDIT: The Ninghim race isn't compatible with ECE *yawn* and I feel more impulsive and compulsive than ever when sleepy, almost like I'm drunk. Hence this unrelated 'outburst'. I don't know. Is that normal?

I haven't used the latest RM yet, but from what I've heard from expired is that he already ported over all possible morphs from ECE over to sliders for RM.

Even made new morphs out of RAN's headmesh so you could make that a preset as well.

Dunno what the status of his vertex editor is, but I don't see what exactly RM doesn't have that ECE does anymore.

Also, read the description page, couldn't find any mention that he was making some patch, and TBH I doubt he will he's stated his opinion of ECE plenty xD

What does ECE even do differently from Racemenu these days? Vertex editor which Expired is working on and facial expressions which are pointless cause of mfg.

Last time I popped in ECE (whenever the last update was) I spent an hour fixing compatibility issues with my other mods in the esp then removed it soon after because I missed the tattoos.

So I honestly don't know.

What does ECE even do differently from Racemenu these days? Vertex editor which Expired is working on and facial expressions which are pointless cause of mfg.

Last time I popped in ECE (whenever the last update was) I spent an hour fixing compatibility issues with my other mods in the esp then removed it soon after because I missed the tattoos.

So I honestly don't know.

ECE has always seemed to have an easier time when installing custom head meshes, and keeping 'slider integrity' when loading CME saves.

RaceMenu still has that issue with specular maps loading funny on your character with the root of the problem going to installing various custom femalehead.nif files. With some of the new sliders you can morph the head mesh to that of RANs now so there wouldn't be a need to use those meshes, but there are still higher poly meshes that might screw with it(I haven't tried it on the new).

Archived