TES the movie?

Triratna

Every TES game gets a thread like this! (grin)

More seriously, the history of computers games becoming Films does not have a good track record. Some of the worst films I've ever seen (thankfully never at a cinema) have been successful computer games that became dire film releases.

More seriously' date=' the history of computers games becoming Films does not have a good track record. Some of the worst films I've ever seen (thankfully never at a cinema) have been successful computer games that became dire film releases.

[/quote']

DOOOOOOM! became a movie

More seriously' date=' the history of computers games becoming Films does not have a good track record. Some of the worst films I've ever seen (thankfully never at a cinema) have been successful computer games that became dire film releases.

[/quote']

we all know who we can thank for that... his name is uwe boll

and now i'm going to go watch the 3d bloodrayne movie.

by the way the OP link is to the live action trailer for skyrim, its a pretty cool one, better than the stupid MW3 ones.

They've just been showing the Dragonball movies here in the UK on TV.

...and I thought the D&D and Mortal Combat movies were bad!!!

(Must admit I didn't know there were any Bloodrayne movies).

D&D.mov SUCK ASS !!! THe whole crap was pure insult to DD trademark, it was a surprise that wizard of the coast didn't sue them for nerding it.

I'd love to see a tes movie.

Unfortunately nearly all video-game based movies suck major, major cock. Like, the Dungeon Siege one? WTF was that? The D&D ones looked like they belonged on the sci-fi channel. The new dragonball movie.. Wow.. There goes my entire childhood. Thanks asshats! And the only good thing of tomb raider was supposed to be Angelina Jolie in catsuits, but frankly I don't find her all that attractive anyways.

Prince of Persia, however, was awesome.

Also, I personally enjoyed wing commander, but maybe that is because I am a sci-fi buff.

Maybe there is hope.

I'm not sure an open world game series like TES would easily convert to a movie. There's a surprisingly large difference in medium when trying to make movies based off of comic books and games, and more often than not, I think it's about making money. I'd rather my media didn't mingle so much, but hell, if they made a TES movie I'd probably go see it D:

I'm not sure an open world game series like TES would easily convert to a movie. There's a surprisingly large difference in medium when trying to make movies based off of comic books and games' date=' and more often than not, I think it's about making money. I'd rather my media didn't mingle so much, but hell, if they made a TES movie I'd probably go see it D:

[/quote']

Well hell, they are making a WoW movie...

Apparently, for the last 5 years.

But, in their defense... WoW has a pretty deep storyline with tons of lore and over a dozen novels, if you actually read any of it.

Oh god I hope you mean a Warcraft movie and not a WoW movie. That would be THE MOST BORING THING EVER. Just a bunch of grinding and instances. And some ctf...

AWESOME!

/sarcasm

Honestly, there is little to no information on it, other than the fact that it is being made.

However, they said they want to make it so not only people who played wow would watch it, so more likely based upon the storyline of some of the novels, and made stand-alone so the don't have to go into so much detail. Likely with the characters in the movie being some of the big figures you see in the game, Thrall, Rhonin, etc. Will be a fantasy/action/adventure movie taking place in the WoW universe, basically.

Honestly? It could be good. Who knows. Blizzard has enough damn money to make a good movie, that is for sure.

I swear if some hollywood fools try to make a movie of this... I mean, can anyone give me even 3 examples of game cash ins, that were ANYTHING other than utter shite? Probably not. Uwe Boll would've loved to make it, but I already paid for his assassination yesterday.

Luckily, by the will of the holy athiest god, it aint happening!

Going on what some1 else here said, yea, theres a SMALL chance that a TV show COULD work, but only if it was an adult cartoon, or anime IMO (and none of that cutesy nonsense, I'm talking Ninja Scroll/GITS/FOTNS level of cuteness, in other words 0%). If they made a live action series, its almost gaurunteed that the actors would suck because.... well just because thats how it goes LOL

I prefer that hollywood stay away from making movies based on vidoe game plots... I mean really guys, must I remind you all of the Super mario brothers film? I swear if I could have vomited at the end it wouldn't have been an appropriate example of how bad that movie was.

Archived