[Question] Can A Unp Body Work With Bodyslider 2?

DeltaD36

Can a UNP-based body work seamlessly with Bodyslider 2? 

I only recently decided to switch from CBBE to UNP in favor of a more petite body and also because at the time, people were making conversions and support around UNP. Now suddenly with the release of Bodyslider 2, everything seems to be moving away from UNP and back to CBBE. 

With UNP only having a smalltime bodyslider with not even as much power as the old CBBE Bodyslider; I'm wondering if I can get my current UNP body to work with standard Bodyslider 2 and not have those horrible body gaps and seam breaks. 

Getting a little annoyed at the sharp points and noticable polygons on my current UNPB-BBP body. >_<

Yes, you can use UNP body in Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2.

You can use ANY body in Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2 provided the mesh was properly skinned originally with skin deformations OFF.

I've found through my citrus project a lot of bodies were using improper skin data which would cause Outfit Studio to place them awkwardly because it cannot handle weird skin data coupled together with the weird XPMS skeleton bones. (This is what happens when people see an outfit/gloves/boots not properly aligned when imported into Outfit Studio....)

You can manually fix a body's skin data by importing into Blender/3dsMax and zeroing out the skin deformations onto a new reference skeleton. Then when you re-import into Outfit Studio, it should show up in the correct place.

Making UNP sliders is a whole different matter, you can watch my project citrus videos if you'd like to see 1 way of making good quality morphs.

Yes, you can use UNP body in Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2.

You can use ANY body in Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2 provided the mesh was properly skinned originally with skin deformations OFF.

I've found through my citrus project a lot of bodies were using improper skin data which would cause Outfit Studio to place them awkwardly because it cannot handle weird skin data coupled together with the weird XPMS skeleton bones. (This is what happens when people see an outfit/gloves/boots not properly aligned when imported into Outfit Studio....)

You can manually fix a body's skin data by importing into Blender/3dsMax and zeroing out the skin deformations onto a new reference skeleton. Then when you re-import into Outfit Studio, it should show up in the correct place.

Making UNP sliders is a whole different matter, you can watch my project citrus videos if you'd like to see 1 way of making good quality morphs.

Tried out Boduslider 2. It's wonderful, but. . . Textures are misalligned, and the UNPB body preset isn't very accurate. 

I'd try out all those thing you suggested, but I honestly do not have the mind set to go through all that to make something likely worse/not what I was trying to do. I suppose I'll wait for someone to make a Bodyslider 2 specifically for UNP. . . again. 

Would be nice to know if someone is actually attempting it. Would love to have morphs and bodyslide support for the UNP outfits I'm using. Jut a shame that it feels like UNP is going out of style. 

I had not seen that recent update.

Huh. It supposedly includes sliders of UNP compatible with outfit studio (which I have yet to know what it is).

Will need to check it out, than.

Also my texture is a UNP texture. I'll assume you know your stuff, since I believe you done this quite a few times. x_x

And with that I'll assume I'm doing something wrong. xD

If anything I'm just trying to avoid fucking something up with my already unstable

Female body configuration. Running HDT with XPMS and 'Weapon on Back' mod with all of them functioning.

I had not seen that recent update.

Huh. It supposedly includes sliders of UNP compatible with outfit studio (which I have yet to know what it is).

Will need to check it out, than.

Also my texture is a UNP texture. I'll assume you know your stuff, since I believe you done this quite a few times. x_x

And with that I'll assume I'm doing something wrong. xD

If anything I'm just trying to avoid fucking something up with my already unstable

Female body configuration. Running HDT with XPMS and 'Weapon on Back' mod with all of them functioning.

It is compatible with outfit studio, meaning that you can use unp slider sets as a reference shape for converting outfits.

Archived