Need Help With Mod Script

Hi all,

Well I am typing this on behalf of my 15yr old son who is into modding New Vegas in a big way.... A new world fully voiced acted, lip sync is spot on and is coming along very nicely, up until this little problem popped up. 

I will give you the problem details and if anything else is required let me know.

The script has been sent online to a script checker and all seems ok, here is the script and a small description, these are my son's words,

What the problem is that when I go into dialogue with Pvt. Anderson, and he speaks the line (which is 'Yeah, see ya' and the topic ID is PvtAndersonInitiationGOODBYE), the teleport doesn't work. The GECK allows me to save the script so there's nothing wrong there. Here's the script:

scn PvtAndersonScript

short doonce

begin gamemode

if [DoOnce == 0]
   if PvtAndersonRef sayto Player PvtAndersonInitiationGOODBYE
      player.moveto TeleportREF
      set DoOnce to 1
      endif
endif

end

If anyone knows of a solution, please let me know..

I'd recommend your son reads some scripting tutorials.

From GECK wiki: "SayTo makes an actor say a single line of dialogue to another actor. The function returns 0, so setting a variable equal to the return value will not do anything. To set up an action for after the line is spoken, see SayToDone, which is a block that is triggered when the SAYTO is complete."

This is not something you can use as a conditional

That line is broken too, to make anderson speak the the player, you need a full stop not a space.

PvtAndersonRef.sayto Player PvtAndersonInitiationGOODBYE

if [DoOnce == 0]

[] square brackets are used for arrays, I don't believe you can use them in this context. You don't need any brackets for that, but if you want to, you can use circular () ones.

---

Your best option is to edit the topic itself in the quest, and in the result script add:

Player.MoveTo TeleportREF

That is all you need to do.

Archived