Load Order Example for several LL mods

Could give me anybody a load order example for the following mods and framework/.esm files:

Schlongs of Skyrim.esm

ZazAnimationPack.esm

SexLab.esm

SexLabAroused.esm

DeviousDevices - Assets.esm

DeviousDevices - Integration.esm

XazPrisonOverhaul.esp

DeviousDeviants.esp

According Wrye Bash the two .esp files are picky with master file load order.

XPO wants ZAP loaded after the SL.esm

DD wants ZAP.esm->SL.esm->SLAroused.esm->DD.Assets.esm->DD-Integration.esm

According Wrye Bash the DDI.esm already wants ZAP.esm loaded before SL.esm.

So does the orange box in Wrye Bash tell the truth or is this conflict between PO and DDI somehow solvable?

I think Orange box just means that your load order and the one listed for the specific .esp/.esm file are different.

You can just fix/adjust the .esp's load order list in TESEdit.

I dunno why DD uses a different list than what BOSS/LOOT suggest but meh. I just switch it over in TES5Edit and I can't say I've noticed any problems.

As DD has more dependencies I did the "sort master" thing with TES5Edit just for PO. PO now wants nicely ZAP.esm loaded before SL.esm in Wrye Bash. Now my installation files for PO in Wrye Bash gives me a "not fitting message" for the installed .esp, but I guess I will just ignore that. They game should be able to handle it by itself when and which data should be loaded from which master and there shouldn't be a problem because ZAP and SL have no real interdependancy.

Here is the load order from Brod80 from Nexus forum. I personally followed some of his advices and never regretted.

It doesn't really matter as animation scripts (should not) don't touch textures and the other way around... the only real attention point is when you install for instance a flora mod (SFO.. a big overhaul..) and later you want to replace certain trees with something else, that you have to install that tree mod after the overhaul and choose to overwrite and it needs to be (if it has an .esp) lower in your load order just to be save. You must take special care with mods which you know will try and modify the same object or space in the game (can be textures to animations). another example is for instance a combat mod which says it improves combat and makes it feel more real... fine, reads good..! who doesn't like it? But right under it you can read that it also add a very few 'experimental kill moves' .. cool, great... but what? I already have a killmove mod... that should raise a big red flag and in such a case see if there is a version without this experimental feature so you avoid having conflicts.

either way, I guess you've read some posts about load order, and what BOSS does... BOSS is nice but it's only a rough estimation of your order, or what it should be... after BOSS sorting you will mostly still have to move stuff manually. Try and group similar items going from large overhauls to small changes and then to the next group... try and start with environment changes (textures) and flora... armors and weapons... after those go for lighting and weather, then water. then everything related to characters, and try and end with scripts or mods that overhaul perk systems and so on (like Skyrim Redone)...

Example;

[MAIN GAME ESM's]
[ADDITIONAL ESM's]
[sKYRIM Unofficial patches]
[Texture pack 1]
[Texture pack 2]

[Mesh improvments]

[Flora pack]
[Flora extension pack]
[i love these extra trees pack]
[My towns texture overhaul]
[My other town texture improved]
[This tiny mod to put a book on a certain table]
[Weapons 1]
[More weapons]
[badass armor]
[Lighting mod]
[Weather mod]
[MyWater pack]

[big nasty evil eyes mod]
[smelly feet mod]
[Crazy real combat script]
[sign lalala whenever you enchant an item script]
[Jump around like a jellyfish killmove script]

You basically want your most tricky mods (heavy scripted ones) as low as possible to make sure they do not accidentally get overwritten by some other mod causing instabilities or scripts not working properly.

You also should use a mod management tool like NMM or the likes, and what you definitely should NOT do is add 100 mods at once... try make smaller steps and before installing any new mod on a stable game make a save through console with command save "stable_before mod XYZ" this way when you notice the mod makes your game do weird things (CTD/load screen hanging/etc) you can safely remove the mod and refer back to your save point where that mod was not installed.... you simply cannot continue your current save game after uninstalling a mod that made stuff crash... perhaps 1 time you can (but nothing is certain) but its a start for disaster which will be close to impossible to track back later on. Save games remember everything that has happened before, including mods which are not there anymore... so this causes issues when your game is trying to access something that doesn't exist ... or perhaps your current save game was stable after uninstall (yea you didn't want to lose progress so you choose to continue) but then 2 months later you add a new mod that started to conflict with this very very old mod which has been removed a long time ago and things crash and you don't know why and there wont be anyone who can tell you why because hey... we cannot look into your save games or see in them what has happened

When going for mods, try and use only the well known ones... always read the comments for problems, always make sure there is a clear uninstall process given by the author. If you already see people having issues and it's a scripted mod without any clear "what does it do and how can I uninstall it" description, or it's a new mod which is not known yet, do yourself a favor and just don't install

As for unofficial patches; yes get them for each DLC you have, and Skyrim of course. They need to go as high as possible in your load order, and in the correct order as the author tells you on the mod pages.

As for the installation order.. that should be the same more or less as your load order... so you start with unofficial patches, environmental overhauls and textures, to weapons/armors, to lighting & weathers, waters, bodies, animations, quests or scripts.

What you really have to watch out with is when mods have scripts; killmoves, special animations, quests, NPC's, sounds, game overhauls (perk systems, skills) and anything that adds files to the folder 'scripts' in Data. Or when a mod changes the already existing scripts in Skyrim.

I hope this helps. Cheers

You can also use BOSS to sort your list "more or less" and do manual changes after it;

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6

DO NOT ENABLE ALL THOSE MODS AT ONCE.

Go step by step, or group by group (like all texture mods or all weapons&armor). Make sure you have backups in save games before you install any new mod.

Archived