CTD while en route to Saarthal

What is your load order and what mods do you have that add anything to your game like enemies/change areas/caves/towns. I would say that you have something installed that adds something to your game and when you get close to whatever that mods added it causes your game to CTD. 

I have only one mod that adds npcs and it is skymomod. Version 12. I tryed looking into it and one or two people are saying it is incompatible with old saves. (I think I played a little bit before I got the mod.) That is the only mod I have that adds enemies. It is currently 0B on my mod order, which would make it 11th, counting the dlc.

The road out of Winterhold to Saarthal is one of the spots where my game loves to crash, too. I attribute it to general modded Skyrim unstableness. Without checking, I'd guess there's a cell transition at this point and loading all the new data is too much for the game on a weak computer.

My usual solution to those crashes is to save the game right before the point where it crashes, then shut it down completely and reload the save. A fresh game session usually handles the transition.

Archived