Help with a mashup

Myst42

Hi, i was hoping somebody could provide a little assistance with a texturing issue i have

The thing is im working in some editions for vanilla armors using pieces form other mods, a little blender, a little nifskope and a little photoshop

I got to the steel armor and i want to use some pieces from apachii goddess store mod but i cant get the shining out of them, heres an example

BTW: i dont think its related to a glow map, i changed the texture path with nifskope and the skin type, (copied from the vanilla greaves nif file)

So does anyone know how to take the shining out from those greaves and make them look just like the rest of the armor?

thanks but not an alpha problem, i actually changed the texture path from the apachii mesh to the texture used by vanilla oblivion steel armor and that file doesnt even have alphamaps

Though i found another post here refering to remove glossiness and it mentioned something about an "apply mode" which is set to "highlight" and it must be set to "modulate" to remove glossiness, i have to try it yet so i hope that fixes it...

thanks but not an alpha problem' date=' i actually changed the texture path from the apachii mesh to the texture used by vanilla oblivion steel armor and that file doesnt even have alphamaps

Though i found another post here refering to remove glossiness and it mentioned something about an "apply mode" which is set to "highlight" and it must be set to "modulate" to remove glossiness, i have to try it yet so i hope that fixes it...

[/quote']

That should fix it. These bright spots are the perfect example of what APPLY_HIGHLIGHT does. Sort of a fake specular effect, that doesn't actually take lightsources into account. It's only applied at areas with high gloss in the normalmap.

Archived