[Outdated, mod released] Would anyone be interested in a Wear&Tear type mod with a twist?

Guest GuyWhoAbruptlyDisappeared

I already released this mod as a work and progress. The new thread is here, and there's no good reason to reply to this one:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29331-wip-beta-sexlab-mortality-a-wear-tear-inspired-mod/

Original post for history reasons:

Hi,

I created a mod to suit my own tastes that works off effects from the Rape Discouragement mod I'm working on (very slowly). I named it Sexlab Mortality as an arbitrary name.

I created it because I wanted a Wear & Tear type system that not only depends on arousal and mood, but also works on a stage-by-stage basis rather than an animation-end basis, allowing scripted sex scenes and changes in animation to still give all of the spell effects they should. Each stage is marked based on the actual animation, so, for example, you won't get any spell effects from the final stage of "Arrok Rape" because it doesn't involve any penetration.

The mod is done, and has been for days. However, the mod needs some polishing, before I release it, because the mod was made for me and I don't care about bugs that you will, and I need to add an MCM menu to configure the key values.  I'm not going to do all that if nobody is interested in the mod, but I will if you are interested.

Here's how it differs from the others:

Damage received during sex depends on a few factors, most importantly arousal. If the player has sex, stops having sex for more than an hour, then has more sex, he/she will not be aroused, and it will cause harm. Men can get hurt too - a female has a chance to cause a penile fracture by raping a male cowgirl style (This is actually a common complaint with cowgirl in real life).

Unlike Sexlab Wear & Tear, the ailments in this mod are all independent of one another, and you can have all ailments at once. Also, there are three specific special circumstances that have a unique ailment to them. The script is run at the end of every stage, rather than at the end of the animation.

The mod defines an interest factor which is as follows: (added victim key)

Arousal Key = SLA Arousal of the player as of the first sex act that does not change unless two game hours have passed since the last sex act (i.e arousal is assumed to stay during sex). 

Depression Key = 25 if Depression is active, 0 if it isn't. [Depression is a spell effect from Rape Discouragement that occurs upon either examining a dead follower's corpse, or receiving their inheritance letter. It lasts for 7 days, and makes skills improve 20% slower.]

Strapon Key = 20 if a non-player character in the sex act is using a strap-on, which will hurt more than a penis.

Trust key = 50 if the player has decided that he/she does not trust the NPC. The only NPCs that are trusted by default are Housecarls. The player can mark an NPC as trusted with dialogue, which will negate this effect.

Victim key = 30 if the player is a victim, plus the trust key is forced.

Interest = Arousal Key - Depression Key - Trust Key - Strapon Key - Victim key

Therefore the maximum interest would be for a non-depressed player at max arousal having sex with a trusted NPC without a strap-on being used on them, at 100, equal to Sexlab arousal.

The minimum interest, i.e the maximum repulsion, would be for a depressed player with no arousal getting nailed by a stranger with a strap-on. Anyone who rapes you will be marked as untrusted.

Victim/Aggressor (rape) scenarios will automatically mark the aggressor as untrusted, and add a victim key. The maximum possible interest for a victim-aggressor scenario is 20 at full arousal, meaning that it will still cause damage.

Spell effects are classified as disease, last a specified time (usually 1-3 days, proportional to real life, but not exact, because nobody wants to wait 3 weeks), then go away. They each have a full description in the SkyUI active effects menu that gives a brief description and tells what stat it damages and how much.

They are as follows:

Feminine: Vaginal burning (i.e damage from friction), vaginal bruising (i.e damage from impact), vaginal bleeding. 

Vaginal burning occurs for Interest < 0, bruising for Interest < -30, bleeding for Interest < -65. Affects health regen.

Masculine (UNTESTED): Penile fracture (i.e damage from careless partner in cowgirl), genital bruising (i.e bruising from a partner giving a rough blowjob). Affects movement speed.

Shared: Anal burning, bruising, tearing. Affects stamina regen.

Special:
Oral bleeding (occurs when a repulsed female gets skull-fucked by another female a strap-on), which increases time between shouts by 10%.
Post-strangulation (occurs for "Rough Missionary" when interest is below -30), which reduces speechcraft by 33% and magicka regeneration by 33%.

Cervical bleeding (occurs for a female victim of "AP Standing" when interest is below -60), which reduces health by 15 points.

Sanguinare Vampiris (occurs when raped by a vampire)

It is technically compatible with Wear & Tear and such mods since it only appends to the script and only adds spell effects and doesn't change any game values, though I have no idea why you would want to have multiple mods of that type.

Things I need to do before I am willing to release it:

-Test the male spell effects. I don't have a male character so I haven't tested that.

-Add MCM menu to change the keys. More than likely, you won't want the keys to be as harsh as they are.

Edit: I'm going to go ahead and polish up this mod. 

I have one question for you all, though, that you should answer immediately if you're interested in this mod:

I made a change to the script yesterday before I decided to polish it, removing the timer, and instead making it so that trusted NPC's don't cause any negative effects. If an NPC or multiple NPC's rape the player, they are automatically marked as untrusted. This makes a lot more sense to me psychologically, and it greatly simplifies the script, as it doesn't need any special timers or locked values.

If you don't like this change, now is the time to speak up.

It sounds very interesting. For a very long time I pondered on a similar trauma wear/tear system where longterm actions could lead to permanent or very long lasting effects. In example, repeatedly being violated during imprisonment could cause both lasting physical damage and desensitization. The former would directly reduce some physical stats, the latter would somehow affect how arousal building and decreasing is regulated, for example being repeatedly violated eventually stops you from receiving debuffs after an assault, but the PC also no longer receive positive buffs from their lover long after escaping/release. As an alternative to prevent physical harm, the PC can ballance out resisting assault and submitting during assault, but submitting too often will damage your feeling of self-worth.

I imagined certain wear/tear features which had long timed out and disappeared would also flare up again if the PC returns to the scene where they were hurt, receiving flashbacks and old symptoms. Or in a worst case scenario if the PC's spirit was broken for a long time and the exact same aggressors are encountered at the same scene, the PC may irrationally consider their aggressor to be infinitely more powerful, resulting in an auto-surrender. Talking to a follower who was a fellow victim at the time would eventually remove the effects of being confronted again, with the scene and the aggressors, or alternately a quest could be started to ask a friend to travel with you to that scene where you will proceed to kill all your aggressors to remove the effects you suffer when returning to that exact place.

Maybe these are interesting ideas to add or consider, or maybe not. :P

Although only indirectly related: I also still suggest to the community as a whole to consider the creation of a universal cause & effect module which treats anything from physical discomforts after being violated to the psychological effects of surviving being captured. Many mods use their own active effects causing unnecessary stacking of similar effects. It'd benefit all mods if a single module was used whice all mods tap into for buffs and debuffs involved with SexLab.

It sounds very interesting. For a very long time I pondered on a similar trauma wear/tear system where longterm actions could lead to permanent or very long lasting effects. In example, repeatedly being violated during imprisonment could cause both lasting physical damage and desensitization. The former would directly reduce some physical stats, the latter would somehow affect how arousal building and decreasing is regulated, for example being repeatedly violated eventually stops you from receiving debuffs after an assault, but the PC also no longer receive positive buffs from their lover long after escaping/release. As an alternative to prevent physical harm, the PC can ballance out resisting assault and submitting during assault, but submitting too often will damage your feeling of self-worth.

I imagined certain wear/tear features which had long timed out and disappeared would also flare up again if the PC returns to the scene where they were hurt, receiving flashbacks and old symptoms. Or in a worst case scenario if the PC's spirit was broken for a long time and the exact same aggressors are encountered at the same scene, the PC may irrationally consider their aggressor to be infinitely more powerful, resulting in an auto-surrender. Talking to a follower who was a fellow victim at the time would eventually remove the effects of being confronted again, with the scene and the aggressors, or alternately a quest could be started to ask a friend to travel with you to that scene where you will proceed to kill all your aggressors to remove the effects you suffer when returning to that exact place.

Maybe these are interesting ideas to add or consider, or maybe not. :P

Although only indirectly related: I also still suggest to the community as a whole to consider the creation of a universal cause & effect module which treats anything from physical discomforts after being violated to the psychological effects of surviving being captured. Many mods use their own active effects causing unnecessary stacking of similar effects. It'd benefit all mods if a single module was used whice all mods tap into for buffs and debuffs involved with SexLab.

Your entire post is related to rape consequences - you should see the thread Rape Discouragement Mod, which is similar to what you're talking about (follows KISS philosophy so it's actually humanly possible). I'm slowly but surely trying to make something to that effect, albeit not nearly that sophisticated (do not want script lag).

This mod was a spin-off. The Depression spell effect is a simple scripted spell effect created for the mod that seemed appropriate for a wear and tear mod. Looting a dead follower or reading an inheritance letter causes depression, unless the follower's killer was the player.

The problem with a universal mod is that everybody wants to handle the spell effects differently. This is why Mortality is not part of the Rape Discouragement mod. As long as people don't force the wear & tear effects as part of a bigger mod, then there shouldn't be any conflict. People can just choose which one suits them the most.

Sounds like a good plan, pretty well thought out.  Will you consider adding more effects to things, or have you covered everything you wanted to do already?

If you've got any ideas, now is the time to tell me.

One Idea for a Wear and Tear Mod would be to ad visual feedback.

Maybe with those textures i made for the other wear and tear mods.

I dont know how much trouble it would be to implement such a thing.

[http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28386-skintextures/]

I have image space modifiers run to foreshadow strangulation. If a scene has the right circumstances to give strangulation, the screen will fade to a fuzzy dark blue over a period of 30 seconds (which is what I remember happened being nearly strangled to death by my brother when I was a child). I plan to include an MCM option to disable that.

As for textures, while it is a great idea, I fear that's a bit out of the way for polishing on my own time. When I finish polishing it and preparing for release, I'll include the source scripts and you should feel free to add in your textures as you please. I don't give a fuck if someone adds something and re-releases it.

I've been considering getting a wear-and-tear type mod, and this looks better than the ones available right now.  Count me as interested!

Fixing it up now. If you've got any suggestions, now is the time to tell me.

I just had a random thought.  Have you considered doing anything for the non oral, vaginal or anal animations?  Things like boobjobs and handjobs?  I'm just kind of throwing an idea in here, because the words "tennis elbow" and "strained wrist" just popped into my head and got me thinking about how excessive jacking could lead to sore joints, and an... over enthusiastic partner in a boobjob might get a bit too rough.  I don't know how annoying those will be to implement, since I don't know what kind of tags are on each animation, but it's a thought (I tried to get into scripting to be of better help in these things a while back, but shortly learned my computer doesn't play nice with various things I need to actually do it).

Also, to make sure I understand your update properly, pretty much everyone can still cause negative effects until you flag them otherwise, and after that they won't anymore?  Will you add something to automatically count NPCs as trusted, like counting consensual encounters and after a certain number they become trusted, or maybe if there's a certain relationship level they're automatically trusted, or would that just bloat the script beyond necessity?

I just had a random thought.  Have you considered doing anything for the non oral, vaginal or anal animations?  Things like boobjobs and handjobs?  I'm just kind of throwing an idea in here, because the words "tennis elbow" and "strained wrist" just popped into my head and got me thinking about how excessive jacking could lead to sore joints, and an... over enthusiastic partner in a boobjob might get a bit too rough.  I don't know how annoying those will be to implement, since I don't know what kind of tags are on each animation, but it's a thought (I tried to get into scripting to be of better help in these things a while back, but shortly learned my computer doesn't play nice with various things I need to actually do it).

Also, to make sure I understand your update properly, pretty much everyone can still cause negative effects until you flag them otherwise, and after that they won't anymore?  Will you add something to automatically count NPCs as trusted, like counting consensual encounters and after a certain number they become trusted, or maybe if there's a certain relationship level they're automatically trusted, or would that just bloat the script beyond necessity?

I want to keep the mod simple, and am mainly focusing on effects that are sufficiently biologically painful to affect someone's survival ability, especially friction burns and tearing on mucosae. The only effect that isn't in this category is Sanguinare Vampiris, which you can get if you get raped by a vampire.

A strained wrist from a blowjob, however hilarious, has nothing the strained wrist you'd get from someone blocking your attack with a shield. However, a friction burn up the ass, for example, can be extraordinarily painful (you do not want to know how I know that).

So, in the mod, if the animation involves no penetration, no damage is applied. The script is sufficiently simple to where even someone who doesn't know anything about scripting can figure out how to add more effects, so feel free to do so when it's done.

A detailed explanation of the trust system:

There is a trust faction, simply called _MortalityTrustedFaction.

How an NPC gets in the trusted faction - 

1 > Player tells the NPC they are trustworthy. (Added for roleplayers who want a particular NPC to be gentle)

2 > NPC has high morality.

3 > NPC has a good relationship status with the player. (added after reading your post c:)

4 > NPC is a housecarl. Housecarls are trusted by default.

How an NPC gets removed from the trusted faction - 

1 > Tell the NPC you do not trust them. (Added for roleplayers who want a particular NPC to be rough)

2 > NPC has a low (negative) relationship status with the player. (added

3 > NPC rapes the player. 

An update:

I'm getting very close to finishing polishing this. All I have to do is fix the timers on the spell effect and deal with MCM.

I added four potions, sold by Muiri, three of which negate bleeding, burning, and bruising respectively, and the other of which is a lubricant that prevents damage for a time, so being a prostitute is still doable if you want.

What about foreplay ?

Is there going to be any notification system ?

Are the damages counted per act or per length ? Both ?

When it comes to trust I believe you should use at least 3 levels plus the friendship system of the game. That way you don't just trust or don't trust someone. Depending on your character you would trust most people to at least not rape you (mild trust). 

What about foreplay ?

Is there going to be any notification system ?

Are the damages counted per act or per length ? Both ?

When it comes to trust I believe you should use at least 3 levels plus the friendship system of the game. That way you don't just trust or don't trust someone. Depending on your character you would trust most people to at least not rape you (mild trust). 

Foreplay doesn't involve penetration and shouldn't cause damage.

I think I'll add a better notification system next version, after I fix this muiri dialogue bug. Right now, it's silent, and the indication that you're hurt is a visual effect similar to when you catch ataxia.

The script runs at the end of each stage, independently of AnimationEnd. So, you can cycle animations without taking damage, but if you're like me and like to play three stages from one animation and two stages from another without ending the sex act, damage will be accumulated for both animations, not just the last one.

The trust system is intended to be simple for the sake of KISS. 

What do you mean, exactly?

Like having more damage for less trust and less damage for more trust?

Also, the first version of the mod is already released over on the downloads forum, if you're interested.

Archived