Question about SevenBase

hobo

I believe I've read similar topics before but I can't really find any that deal with exactly what I want.

Basically, ever since I started using mods the body modification I have always used was CBBE. I can't really explain why, but UNP just never really interested me.

Lately I've been thinking about a restart on skyrim and want to try out a new body mod. I'm not too interested in ADEC or UNP so I've been looking at SevenBase (Saw quite the number of great armor mods for this) but I wanted to know if I could get a few opinions / answers before doing so.

First, CBBE had other mods to assist in giving more effects (Muscular Body's / Sweaty Body's), does SevenBase have any of these?

Second, SevenBase uses the UNP skin, but does that mean any UNP based armor / race will fit with the SevenBase body? Are there any other kinds of body mod mods I can use even if they aren't specifically for SevenBase.

Third, When installing SevenBase, it talks about using skin packs. Do I install the entire UNP body and then overwrite it with SevenBase to install a skin pack, or is there something else I have to do?

Fourth, Is SevenBase compatible with the Temptress race?  : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18717/?

I apologise if this was the wrong place for this topic or whether this same one exists already. 

As a side note, if anyone can give me their personal opinion on SevenBase In contrast to the other body mods, feel free. (Anything but "I prefer" unless you say what about that body mod you preferred. Whether it was "Realistic.", "Sexier", "Curvier". I'm curious as to the general opinions of these mods.

First, CBBE had other mods to assist in giving more effects (Muscular Body's / Sweaty Body's), does SevenBase have any of these?

The effect are textures I believe. Iff they are made for UNP it will work.

Second, SevenBase uses the UNP skin, but does that mean any UNP based armor / race will fit with the SevenBase body? Are there any other kinds of body mod mods I can use even if they aren't specifically for SevenBase.

No, because armors have a body inside them. You body in the armor will have the UNP based form.

The skin texture won't be messed up like CBBE and UNP armors, thats a good point.

Third, When installing SevenBase, it talks about using skin packs. Do I install the entire UNP body and then overwrite it with SevenBase to install a skin pack, or is there something else I have to do?

Every UNP texture should work as its UNP based body. Install the body, the texture and a compatble skeleton (XP32).

Fourth, Is SevenBase compatible with the Temptress race?  : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18717/?

If you replace the bodies from the race (if it provides some). The armor pieces won't work for 7B if you don't have 7B ones.

As far as I know, most, if not all, the muscular/sweaty normal maps are made with both body types in mind. Meaning they'll work for all CBBE and UNP-based bodies.

Fourth, Is SevenBase compatible with the Temptress race?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer:

Since the Temptress race was designed around the UNP body, it is guaranteed compatibility with 7Base bodies in terms of textures, but you will see clipping on the armor it also adds to the game.

Unfortunately, no. While you won't see texture distortions or any of those oddities, your character's body will mysteriously swap to UNP while using that particular armor/clothing set. The good news is that if you use the Bombshell variant of 7B, chances are someone has probably already converted said armor to that body since it is the most popular (even rivaling the popularity of CBBE w/ bodyslide, if I may be so bold) of all the 7B bodies.

As a side note, if anyone can give me their personal opinion on SevenBase In contrast to the other body mods, feel free. (Anything but "I prefer" unless you say what about that body mod you preferred. Whether it was "Realistic.", "Sexier", "Curvier". I'm curious as to the general opinions of these mods.

Personally, I use the bombshell variant because aside of being a legs and feet kind of guy (oh those juicy legs.. :D), if I'm playing a warrior-type character it actually looks like she'll be able to swing a sword and carry a heavy shield when combined with mods such as Battle Hardened Body or Fitness Body. While the default UNP body is amazing by itself, it still looks like women in Skyrim haven't worked out a day in their life, which is kind of unrealistic for characters like Aela or Ria who do fighting on a daily basis. God forbid should they be hit in combat, as they'll likely snap in two with such frail-looking bodies. Besides, six-pack abs can look good on anyone.. well, in my opinion at least.

I'd like to thank you both for you replies, though I'm still open to more. I have yet to start the mod installing 3: Oh how fun that will be.

Personally, I use the bombshell variant because aside of being a legs and feet kind of guy (oh those juicy legs.. :D), if I'm playing a warrior-type character it actually looks like she'll be able to swing a sword and carry a heavy shield when combined with mods such as Battle Hardened Body or Fitness Body. While the default UNP body is amazing by itself, it still looks like women in Skyrim haven't worked out a day in their life, which is kind of unrealistic for characters like Aela or Ria who do fighting on a daily basis. God forbid should they be hit in combat, as they'll likely snap in two with such frail-looking bodies. Besides, six-pack abs can look good on anyone.. well, in my opinion at least.

I was actually mulling over Which variation of 7Base to use (Opinions?) I felt that the Bombshell one seemed to have more of the armors made.

In terms to Aela (Once married her. Recieved a note that she'd been kidnapped, went to the location and she'd killed all the bandits and escaped herself. Boy, do those skin textures you showed fit her well)

As a question, those two mods you linked are just skin textures. So as the 7Base body is primarily UNP based skin textures, those mods should work with 7Base, yes?

As a question, those two mods you linked are just skin textures. So as the 7Base body is primarily UNP based skin textures, those mods should work with 7Base, yes?

Yeah, they'll work perfectly. The 7Base bodies all use the same UV map as the UNP body since they were derived from it.

If you want my opinion, go with the bombshell variant. There's so much more stuff for it than the natural or cleavage versions. That's the primary body I do conversions or make new content for tbh. But don't take my word for it, go see Shocky's huge thread of conversions for the bombshell body. Kplant's thread is of epic proportions.

Yeah, they'll work perfectly. The 7Base bodies all use the same UV map as the UNP body since they were derived from it.

If you want my opinion, go with the bombshell variant. There's so much more stuff for it than the natural or cleavage versions. That's the primary body I do conversions or make new content for tbh. But don't take my word for it, go see Shocky's huge thread of conversions for the bombshell body. Kplant's thread is of epic proportions.

I was looking earlier, some great looking work going on in those threads. Really made me think "Bombshell it is" :P

I'll probably go with that, Wont really make a decision until tomorrow.

Thanks for all your input :D

Archived