Went on a mod install binge

Begger

Hey folks.  A few days ago on a solemn evening I had a little too much to drink and started to install mods like a mad fool.  Too my surprise my game is more are less stable so I can't complain about that.  Strangely, somehow I have added a bunch of armor mods and that's fine and all,but when I forge them my characters body goes transparent... so I am assuming I am missing a texture or mesh or both.  There are no .esp or .esm files associated with these armor name and google produces almost nothing, so I am pretty puzzled.

Here is a list of armors that show up in the forge but are transparent on the character:

Apella

Black Dragon

Bondage

Combat Princess

Dark Mistress

Fantasy Assassin

Fighting Fae

Frost Bite

Gloria

Heart Song

Ice

Maid Outfit

Mana Vein

Milk Slave

Night Sade

Rabbit Spine

Sexy Jersey

Shredded Triss

Tefa Original

Tree

Oh, and another clue: all of these armors are forged under the Ebony category.  Looking at my Nexus Mod Manager list I spent some time loading up 7b armors, but the armors that show on the NMM work fine.  It appears I went to town on some... ahem, Sex Lab mods.  Maybe the armors are connected to those.  Not sure how you mad genius modders do what you do, but I love it and thanks for sharing!   

Anyways, if anyone recognizes these and knows what I am missing, or has any tips please let me know.  Its a little frustrating.  Some lessons need to be learned the hard way.  Apparently for me, the lesson to be learned... similarily to ebay (ebay and wine don't mix)... neither does scotch and modding skyrim, lol.

Thanks for any help, I'd love to try these armors.

Transparent as in invisible or the armor goes transparent so that you can see the players body? If the players body is going invisible then it would be a body problem meaning the body in the mod is not compatible with the one you are using. If the outfit is going transparent it could be a ENB thing and the outfit has a NiAlphaProperty on them and ENB's seem to mess with armors with that on it. If the players body is going transparent it could have the same thing on the body in the armors/outfits and removing the NiAlphaProperty from them would make the body appear normal. Other then that it's all I can think of without looking at a screen shot.

I have seen many of the ones above many times but some of them have *many* different body versions out there.

Correct me if I am wrong but these armors listed are from a compilation of CBBE armors (Fox if I'm correct).

There is a conversion of some of these armors for sevenbase here on LL but since not all are converted the ones that are not appear invisible because you miss the meshes and textures for them.

None of the listed armors are covered by ILC, that's a replacer of vanilla and dlc armors like studded, iron, steel etc. Usually as Lord says, if armor can be forged but isn't showing on your toon it's because the nif is missing but the esp is still loading their record into your game. If parts of your body are missing when you put it on, that's very often because the nif is supposed to have a body in it but hasn't. 

Load one of the affected nifs in nifskope or Outfit Studio to confirm. 

Hate to be evangelical, but get on the Mod Organizer train and you can have all the booze fueled mod frenzies you like without fear of screwing up your data folder irreversibly.

Archived