Odd Armor Behaviour

Kaitol

I recently downloaded a mod I was linked to here that ported some armors from skyrim to oblivion :

http://www.oblivion.lima-city.de/files/plugins.html    (the one marked surprise)

and it mostly works. However, one of the bandit armors makes the bare skin parts invisible, on females at any rate, I haven't seen it on any men yet I think, with the actual armor showing up fine, which has me a bit stumped. If it was a missing mesh the whole torso would be gone right? And a missing texture would just look like blackish or something? I tried looking for information on the issue, but couldn't find any with the search terms I used here and on google, and the mod site I got the mod from has no forum or such. I'm pretty sure I can fix the issue unless its something directly bad about the mesh itself. I just have no clue what the problem is. I'm pretty sure it installed correctly, because everything else works. And it can't be a mod conflict because then the whole armor piece would be weird right?

I wasn't really sure whether to put this in technical questions, because I'm not actually having problems with the game itself, but am asking about how meshes and such work, so I put it in general. My apologies if I'm out of place.

Not posting my mod load order because I am fairly sure that can't possibly be the problem.

Should of been posted in the technical part instead of the general. 

You need to look at *all* the bodies/armor pieces in that surprise mod with nifskope there are wrongly named body texture paths/missing texture paths I know because I just recently downloaded it and was playing around with the armors in it. Some have drow for texture path some have vampirebybella for texture paths missing/wrongly named texture paths will cause invisible bodies or CTD's but changing them to the imperial texture path will fix them.

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkope Download nifskope install it then go to a nif file of the surprise mod nif folder and double click it to load it up into nifskope if it doesn't load up and tries to load the CK/CS up right click the nif and select open with then click render then setting and follow to path to your oblivion game folder once you hit the data folder click it to select it and it should load the texture files up. Anything that is white in color with nothing showing like designs is either wrong file path or missing texture file.

Click a piece that is white to find the texture path easier. If you click a nif file that has the correct body path you can double click the texture line so that you will be able to copy and paste it then hit load and back out of that folder and then go to the xxskyrim folder and click each nif the ones with white bodies click the body then double click the texture path to bring it up for changing then paste in what you copied from the other one and then click one of the other lines on the left so that it activates the pathway and it changes in nifskope then make sure to use the save as to overwrite the nif file otherwise it will go be changed if you close it out.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21553-ll-oblivion-gallery-general-screenshots-thread/?p=722286 This is what many of the armors/bodies are suppose to look like minus what I removed with gimp.  :) The only one still with a messed up body color is the courtesan I still have a few armors that are not on the list that either have a bad mesh problem or bad body that isn't showing up and will need to be fixed.

Well it depends on what a person has installed on their computer when they make a mod everything might look correct to them as they have all the files needed and it will not show up till later on. I found them easy to fix so I wasn't too worried. 

*Edit

Just found out that the body used in the icesavior armor and maybe in the savior one as well haven't checked that one but the icesavior one has a body that isn't HGEC so it will appear invisible in game I had to replace it to fix it.

*Edit 

Just checked saviorgreaves the body I changed out of that one as well and I wasn't sure what the unibody one was till I looked at it closer and I knew right away which one it was. The unibody one is the adolf outfit the textures are AWOL luckily I aready have a skyrim and oblivion version so finding the textures was pretty easy. If you don't give it textures it will cause a CTD. Seems the body in the savior top might also have slight mismatch of color so that might have to be changed as well.

Archived