Can't find lop body tex

So I've been trying to find the body textures to the lop ears race so I can replace them.   But no dice.  I'm using the mbp ++ version of them which is Lop Ears Elfs 2 I believe with Rens hair and eyes.  Anyway been digging around and testing for a while trying to find them.  Also I'm using an armor that has been converted to the guts body type and I'm wondering if the lop elf is even going to work texture wise with it.

Anyway here's an example of what I'm getting ingame.  The hands,  face,  ears and all that are fine,  but the body is all orange.

oblivion20.png

This is my first go with this race so sorry for the trouble. :s

The guts body is HGEC texture base, so it should be fully compatible with the race.

There is however the question of it's material properties and how much gloss is applied to it.

As for locating textures, you can find out by opening the CS(E), going to the race window and locating the race of your choice. That way you don't need to ask others.

I promise you that you've got nothing to be afraid of. The interface may, at first, appear unfriendly but that will very quickly change.

So, I'll walk you through the necessary steps to find the location of a race's texture files.

First, open up the CSE (you can do this without the extender but it makes your life easier, so why not get it?). Mark the plugin that contains the race you want to identify the textures of as "Active" and let it load.

On the upper left, there's a bunch of tabs. Find the one that says "Character" then the option that says "Race" from the drop-down menu.

Now, a screen should have poped up. On the left of this screen is a list of all the races that are currently loaded up into the CS. If you listened to my earlier advice and got the CSE, the ones added by the "active" plugin will be listed first, and highlighted by a green background. If you didn't, you will have to find the race you want within the list on your own.

Found it? Great. Go to the "Body data" tab (on the top of the window). You will notice a bunch of things: firstly, the window is now split between male and female bodies. Secondly, every one of the textures listed is clickable.

If you listened to my advice and got the CSE, you can click one of those and click "Edit asset path" to get the file-path. If you didn't, you can now play guess where the file is if the path is too long.

For the face textures, go to the "Face data" tab (which is right next to the body data tab). Everything here's pretty much the same as the body textures. Note that some races might lack certain features and include others (for example, I know of one race that does not have a tongue mesh, instead opting to place the tail mesh in that slot).

Have fun.

Ahhh seems the plugin for mpb++ is too large to load.  :(

post-330638-0-62133200-1395340228_thumb.jpg

Edit-  Found that they are using the imperial body textures and for some dang reason my imperials have no body textures?  Crazy.  Anyway thanks for the CS guide once again.  Learned something new today lol

Most bodies and bodies in armor unless they are using custom bodies will be using the imperial pathway. Like textures\characters\imperial\female\footfemale.dds For MBP you need a texture mod like HGEC I believe the MBP on here lists one to use.

Another way to find out a texture path for something is to load it up into nifskope then click the part you want to find out what the pathway is and then double click the line with the purple flower looking thing to see what the pathway is or is suppose to be. post-25667-0-51478100-1395342487_thumb.jpg

Archived