Any mods that "teach" Lydia, or any NPC, to respect the PC?

I like having Lydia around as a companion... except for her attitude about being "Sworn to carry your burdens".  I have had enough... it is time for Lydia to get her due!

Are there any mods that would allow the PC to "remind" Lydia that she serves the Dovahkiin?  I thought Devious Devices would be ideal, except there is no way to have the device effects activate on any NPC...

I am also experimenting with SexLab Mind Control... It has some promise, but also several weaknesses (or at least features that are not my style).

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I think Lydia gives dragonborn way more respect than she or he deserves ^^ I would have nooooooo patience for someone who acts like the world and everything in it is a plaything and can shout people off high hrothgar but is too mute to say sorry when bumps into someone on the street XD

I think Lydia gives dragonborn way more respect than she or he deserves ^^ I would have nooooooo patience for someone who acts like the world and everything in it is a plaything and can shout people off high hrothgar but is too mute to say sorry when bumps into someone on the street XD

For you MsLeeches I will set up a rack next to the one Lydia occupies in my dungeon so you can contemplate your loyal disregard to I, the Dragonborn, saviour of all Tamriel.

And like Lydia it probably won't sort a damned thing. :)

I might believe that but when your followers (and random NPCs) walk up to you bump you and then complain like you stepped on them...

Besides, they deserve anything they get for standing in the doorways, passageways and stairways at the exact point where you cannot pass them not to mention their tendency to race past you then move directly between your shot and the enemy.  

I thought Devious Devices would be ideal, except there is no way to have the device effects activate on any NPC...

Hmm? All of the devices, and most of the effects from DD will work on NPC's.

Actually, I'd  like the opposite, a mod (preferably voiced) which has Lydia and other housecarls making snarky and mocking comments behind your back. "Ugh, making me carry your shit again...do I look like a bloody mule?" or "wait, there's no way I'm putting that on...oh Talos damn it".

Of course getting the original voice actress to provide more dialogue lines is going to pose a problem...

Guest GuyWhoAbruptlyDisappeared

Doesn't one of the DLCs (Dragonborn?) swap out her trade dialogue for a more polite version?

Or was that from a Lydia beautifying mod?

Lydia definitely becomes more vocal Dragonborn. She still continues being completely passive.

OP would hate what I did to Lydia as a learning project for the API. She gets angry if you leave her too long.

suprised this still gets views..

@guy****  Actually i would not hate it, there are times when my PC deserves such... more variety in actions and responses between the PC and NPC's is sorely needed IMO

Archived