A question about TBBP...

Sunja44

Ok, I have the following installed BBP wise right now:

-XP32 skeleton which supports BBP and TBBP

-loads of CB++ BBP outfits (BAMM and a few others)

-every possible BBP animation out there to replace almost any animation in game by a BBP animation (Victoria's High Heel Walk, NoMaams Breathing Idle, Female Animation pack etc.). I guess only working animations (enchanting, wood chopping, smithing etc. aren't replaced yet).

Ok, BBP is finished I thought by me and wanted to try DragonFly's TBBP. As I already have XP32 as TBBP supporting skeleton installed and CB++ has a TBBP Body slider to create TBBP meshes for the most CB++ capable outfits, I thought me all I need are the animations.

K, I created a naked body TBBP mesh by CB++. Then I installed the animations from Dragonfly's mod from Nexus (override to VHH Walk animations and mt_idle.hx, the noMaams Breathing idle) into the meshes...\animations\female folder (my player char is male, so no need for 1st person view animations or meshes), ran FNIS generator (checked "gender specific animations" and the usual "skeleton arm fix") and voila, works flawlessy for all my female followers.

Ok, now my questions.

1) I equipped other BBP capable CB++ outfits I created before only as BBP meshes (not TBBP) a while ago....and wtf they work with TBBP animations too. As far as I remember TBBP meshes have special weightings and differ from BBP meshes, but the animations work neverthless (maybe the butt bounce is more subtle, have to investigate). I even built a multiple group mesh for naked body, CB++ piercing set (from BAMM, only BBP capable) and CB++ amulets and the animations still seem to work. To be honest, I expected a CTD or at least strange deformations, but no...nothing. I wonder why ?

2) Are there any other TBBP animations out there besides the ones from Dragonfly (combat animations or else) ?

3) Dragonfly's animation pack has a mt_walkfoward.hkx and a mt_walkforward dragon.hkx. I guess the mt_walkforward dragon.hkx is a replacer for the normal walkforward animation?

From what I remember, TBBP is just the next step of BBP.  BBP weighted armors/bodies will work with TBBP, but not the fuller movement available with TBBP.  For example, BBP weighted items will move but only up/down, where as TBBP weighted armors will move up/down and left/right.  TBBP also allows some butt movement physics.  Someone with more (and much better info) can probably explain it better.  The next evolution is HDT.  I just started using it 1 month ago, and except for 1 bit of weirdness (that no one including myself have been able to duplicate), it seems to work great.  And it gives a fuller range of motion.  If you get TBBP working, then switching to HDT is easy as pie (well, easier than pie, pie can actually get quite complicated). 

As far as other TBBP animations, I believe there are a couple variations on the Dragonfly TBBP animations (I know there are some with more butt bounce) that are available on the Nexus, but not that many.  Actually a quick search on Nexus only yields 2 mods with TBBP animations, and both seemed to be variations on Dragonfly's stuff.

BBP weighted armors/bodies will work with TBBP, but not the fuller movement available with TBBP.  For example, BBP weighted items will move but only up/down, where as TBBP weighted armors will move up/down and left/right.

thx, this actually explained a lot and is pretty sufficient as answer. I already guessed that as I watched the dragonfly video with the female walk and as I compared that to my followers using only BBP meshes, I missed some movements especially around the butt region and - as you said - some left/right movement, but the animations still look pretty well.

There are tbbp animations here on LL from red1313. Should be easy to find.

Thx a lot.

...and yes HDT will be the next project, but I always wanted to test TBBP too, step by step though.

Here are some idles.... http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24339-sexy-idle-animation-by-red31133dm/

I use this TBBP walk/run animation... attachicon.gifTBBP Pack 2.zip

There were some more posted here somewhere, too. Can't remember where, but they're definitely here!

Wow, those standard idles are great. The breathing idles are better as Fore's NoMaams breathing idle and the other poses are sexy as hell.

Yeah, I use breathing idle #3 (if I remember correctly) and the TBBP walk/run I mentioned earlier. Nice combo actually and you don't get that annoying twirl every few seconds that Dragonfly has.

I also use several other animations, some with and some without TBBP/BBP in them, for a whole revamp. Like a catwoman crawl on fours sneaking idel, 3ukalipto's Elegan Archers and some other one-handed and two-handed anims. I just combined all that I liked into one folder, named it, zipped it and install it with Mod Organizer.

Archived