Have a question regarding quest-stage-related upgrades

arr0w

Okay, so Ive been planning for something as of late and I need to figure this out to begin. Basically, I need to know how quest-stage-related items work, like for example, the fortifications around Fort Dawnguard appearing, and upgrading after particular quests.

Basically that and anything more advanced on how the best way to go about it/building in the CK to work properly. Like can i build it all first and then set it to appear in the order/way that i want, ect.

I hope its simpler than im thinking it will be lol

items are simply enabled and disabled at the different stages. An easy way to manage the items is to tie items that are to be enabled or disabled to a marker so they either appear or disappear depending on if it is enabled or not (just 1 enable command instead of dozens). You can do this under the Enable Parent tab in the Reference form (right click and select 'Edit' to bring it up). The hard part is placing the items if there are multiple things in the same spot, I suggest doing things in stages and link them as you go.

thanks Veladarius! So, is that how I would go about having, say, an extra wall appear at Fort Dawnguard at the end of Dawnguard Questline? And if so, also, how would someone go about opening up a new player-liveable area of the castle? Say i wanted a new interior cell, and I didnt want it to be available until the end of DG, and it isnt fully furnished when you first gained access? Obviously I could set the linked door to appear at a quest stage in DG. How about having it upgrade? Create and link it to a new quest(s)?

Now how possible/easy is it do add in the player constructed factor in, like how the Hearthfire houses work? I vaguely remember seeing something awhile back about 'build recipes' i believe they were called. Ill just look for the tutorial on that but im not sure about how to make quest-related requirements to have to be completed first before you add to the room.

Thanks for the reply, ive several things i want to do, but im not entirely sure of the questions i need to ask. Lol.

Archived