Looking for a modding guide(tutorial)

Thaluha

Hi guys as topic line say Im looking for a BEGGINERS mod tutorial. I have nada experience of modding but I really would like to try it out and perhapps make a contribution in the future.

A dummies guide so to say. Would like to get my fingers on a step by step tutorial in pdf formant that is not to technical.
I like to get the hang on how to do sutch stuff as you doing and stop just to "feed" on your skills, going from a user to a contributior would be fantastic.
I have try to use steam kit but it allways end up in nothing and a big mess.
So if u now where I can find something usefull for my knowledge level could you pls give a link or perhapps pm me where to find it.

Best regard to all of you hard working guys in here both moddmakers and users (like myself)
Take care
T

Read something about a spider mod some modders used as an example of modding for beginners... which was this one ! GL !

But the thing is that you have to choose what you want to work on! If you have a mod you'd like to see then it starts here, if you don't you can't start modding imho. Have any ideas ?

Read something about a spider mod some modders used as an example of modding for beginners... which was this one ! GL !

But the thing is that you have to choose what you want to work on! If you have a mod you'd like to see then it starts here, if you don't you can't start modding imho. Have any ideas ?

Thanks dje34! will read that one and se if I undearstand anything of it :s

Just want to try doing something simpel for a start....perhapps ad some npc on a in or so?

If I get some knowledge on it I would like to try doing some simpel slavery mod and work from there but that is far away from now just a idea I had.

Anyway I appreciate you took the time for anwser on my request

Guest airdance

This will get you started with the Creation Kit for making interiors, exteriors, and characters.

It is possible to create a very simple mod using just the CK resources.  Excellent start point for beginners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDKivlGmia4

If you are thinking about scripting you would be better of with at least a working knowledge of C++ programming, but a determined person could learn without it.

check out this site:

http://www.cipscis.com/skyrim/tutorials/beginners.aspx

There is also a section on the Loverslab main menu dedicated to tutorials.  As Dje34 said, get clearly in your mind what you want to do, then seek out the resources to do it.

Guest carywinton

@ Airdance and Skyrimll Those are some really excellent references and tutorial videos, I like to try and find any official BethSoft tutorials whenever possible as well, for they will help with getting acquainted with all the terminology, which helps a great deal when getting started. Those fundamentals will definitely carry you through.

http://www.creationkit.com/

Archived