Can't call SL Aroused functions

dev1antM1nd

I'm having troubles calling SexLab Aroused

I've been calling SexLab framework functions without any difficulty in my mod. When I started to access slaFrameworkScr, it never worked for me.

Before I can compile my script to reference 'slaFrameworkScr', I found the aroused mod didn't ship with its script source. Thus I extracted its script source from SexLabAroused.bsa from the mod and copied them to the data\scripts\source.

With that my script can compile. Yet when I click the "Propeties" button from my quest's scripts tab to link the properties, I got this error "errors encountered while attempting to reload the script".

Once I commented out the lines that references the aroused script (like slaFrameworkScr and its functions), the properties tab works.

Thus for now, I actually use the low level code from slaFrameworkScr to access the aroused functions. (like accessing the Faction 'sla_Exposure' and the StorageUtil with "SLAroused.ActorExposureDate" and "SLAroused.ActorExposure" directly)

Can anyone help?

Someone92,

Thanks for the response. The way I include the aroused script is no different from how I include SexLab framework. Yet the former failed when the latter works just fine. I've been starting animation sequences in game.

rangedphoenix,

Thanks for the response. No, I didn't copy the extracted .pex files to the data\scripts. Only the .psc to data\scripts\source. And apparently this is the cause of the problem. Once I copied those .psx files after seeing your post, the properties tab can be opened and I successfully mapped the slaFrameworkScr to my property. And my script function works as expected. I really appreciate your help.

I do like to understand a bit more about all this. I understand that the SexLabAroused.esm doesn't bundle the .psc files thus I had to copy the .psc files or the script won't even compile. I thought the compiled scripts (.psx files, right?) had to be included in the .esm so that the mod would work. Thus I didn't copy the .psx files. Apparently I was wrong. And I never use Game.GetFormFromFile(). Sounds like there are many different ways to use other mods' scripts. Are there sites that have documentation about this?

Thanks again to both of you.

Not sure how much this will help, but this is one of the most comprehensive lists of objects and their functions I know of: http://www.creationkit.com/Script_Objects

Like I mentioned before, I had that problem before in my scripts. Glad I could help you out.

But yeah. I'd advise away from game.getformfromfile() if you don't really need it. Having a file as a hard master is easier, to say the least. I'm not aware of specific documentation other than that, but you can see how I use the game.getformfromfile() in my werewolf hybrid mod. It's inside the full corruption script.

Its .pex (papyrus executable, I'd assume). But yeah, they are separate files from the ESM. I find it kind of amusing that the creation kit can't find things that are packed inside a BSA when it uses the BSA's for skyrim just fine, but I guess that's getting off topic.

Not sure how much this will help, but this is one of the most comprehensive lists of objects and their functions I know of: http://www.creationkit.com/Script_Objects

Like I mentioned before, I had that problem before in my scripts. Glad I could help you out.

But yeah. I'd advise away from game.getformfromfile() if you don't really need it. Having a file as a hard master is easier, to say the least. I'm not aware of specific documentation other than that, but you can see how I use the game.getformfromfile() in my werewolf hybrid mod. It's inside the full corruption script.

Its .pex (papyrus executable, I'd assume). But yeah, they are separate files from the ESM. I find it kind of amusing that the creation kit can't find things that are packed inside a BSA when it uses the BSA's for skyrim just fine, but I guess that's getting off topic.

Thanks for the link. Apparently I use http://www.creationkit.com for all the scripting documentation yet I didn't get to this hierarchy page before. Thanks for that. I have very limited time to spend in moding so I get what I need and didn't explore the full scope of its documentation.

So I guess the creation kit could have done better to locate the .pex from the ESM. After all, all the needed scripts need to be bundled so a mod can work. Your experience definitely helps here as I would never had imagined that.

Thanks again. This thread should be closed now.

Archived