New Clothing Body Style Converter Beta v0.89f (10-26-2014)

I'm still getting the error. I tried re-creating the lattice just to make sure, but that made no difference.

I then figured out how to run Python scripts from a command line, so now I can at least give you the exact output. Hopefully this helps you to track down the error.

loading settings from D:\Program Files (x86)\Convert Clothing RC_64\save\clothin

gConverter.cfg

Loading Lattice

morph 0

Lattice Successfully Loaded

Building Vertex Dictionary

False

lattice.morph_key 0

dirpath {D:/Program Files (x86)/Convert Clothing RC_64/Clothing Converter/target

/Northgirl Armor-38053-1-2/Data/meshes/Northgirl/northknit_0.nif}

Checking Directory Path for Nifs and Tri files

morph_key 0

nif_list ['D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Convert Clothing RC_64\\Clothing Converter\\

target\\Northgirl Armor-38053-1-2\\Data\\meshes\\Northgirl\\northknit_0.nif']

morph_set []

******NIF******

Processing D:\Program Files (x86)\Convert Clothing RC_64\Clothing Converter\targ

et\Northgirl Armor-38053-1-2\Data\meshes\Northgirl\northknit_0.nif

**********Bones Initialized**********

initializing meshes

4{}2{} : Initializing Vertices

4{}2{} : Vertex Initialization Complete

4{}2{} : Initializing Skin

4{}2{} : *Initializing Skin Bone Transforms

4{}2{} : *Calculating world Coordinates

4{}2{} : Skin Initialization Complete

initializing faces

5{}9{} : Initializing Vertices

5{}9{} : Vertex Initialization Complete

5{}9{} : Initializing Skin

5{}9{} : *Initializing Skin Bone Transforms

5{}9{} : *Calculating world Coordinates

5{}9{} : Skin Initialization Complete

initializing faces

fdyt{}16{} : Initializing Vertices

fdyt{}16{} : Vertex Initialization Complete

fdyt{}16{} : Initializing Skin

fdyt{}16{} : *Initializing Skin Bone Transforms

fdyt{}16{} : *Calculating world Coordinates

fdyt{}16{} : Skin Initialization Complete

initializing faces

SLIM PUSHUPNW3{}23{} : Initializing Vertices

SLIM PUSHUPNW3{}23{} : Vertex Initialization Complete

SLIM PUSHUPNW3{}23{} : Initializing Skin

SLIM PUSHUPNW3{}23{} : *Initializing Skin Bone Transforms

SLIM PUSHUPNW3{}23{} : *Calculating world Coordinates

SLIM PUSHUPNW3{}23{} : Skin Initialization Complete

initializing faces

**********Meshes Initialized**********

**********End**********

******nif_gender******

FEMALE

Main Search

search_targets 3

Template Vertices: 3373

search_resolution 5

Target Mesh Vertices 944

searching for Targets

150 of 944 verts searched

300 of 944 verts searched

450 of 944 verts searched

600 of 944 verts searched

750 of 944 verts searched

900 of 944 verts searched

Main Search

search_targets 3

search_resolution 5

Target Mesh Vertices 1076

searching for Targets

150 of 1076 verts searched

300 of 1076 verts searched

450 of 1076 verts searched

600 of 1076 verts searched

750 of 1076 verts searched

900 of 1076 verts searched

1050 of 1076 verts searched

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\convert_clothing.py", line 226, in <m

odule>

Main()

File "PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\convert_clothing.py", line 222, in Ma

in

process_nif(this_file, lattice, lattice_dict)

File "PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\convert_clothing.py", line 156, in pr

ocess_nif

getVecs(v, v.influence_list, settings = current_settings)

File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Convert Clothing RC_64\PythonPortable\App\lib\sit

e-packages\kg\search_util.py", line 77, in getVecs

v_mod, v_norm = combine_influences(influence_list, vec = True, Normal = True

)

TypeError: 'Vector3' object is not iterable

OK...well, I know what could cause that. No idea why I can't replicate it using your meshes and lattice...Python is weird sometimes.

Clothing Converter Release Candidate v.65

This update should resolve the crash issue reported by orgs1n

Download

Portable Install Upgrade (upgrades v.60, 61, 62, 63, 64 to 65): Outdated Download Removed

Light Install V.65 (Scripts Only): Outdated Download Removed

Change Log

v.64 to v.65

1. Resolves bug that could cause a crash after the vertex search.

v.63 to v.64

1. Updated Tangent Space and Normal Vector calculations to eliminate potential zero division errors

2. Improved fidelity of Tangent Space calculations near UV seams

3. Reduced console spam during vertex searches

4. Make Lattice and Convert Clothing tools now split match searches into left side axis and right side axis searches. This should improve the symmetry of both lattices and clothing conversions.

v.62 to v.63

1. Modifies Convert Clothing search to generate improved symmetry along X-Axis

2. Resolves Crash when loading certain types of lattices

v.61 to v.62

1. Resolves crash when loading lattices.

v.60 to v.61

1. Resolves bug that could occur when a Lattice generated from a Normal free mesh was loaded into Clothing Converter.

v.52 to v.60

1. Significant improvement to the back-end face location weighting algorithm allows the tool to precisely match the best fit location on a mesh. Limited testing has shown converted clothing with no UV or vertex distortion.

v.51 to v.52

1. Eliminate potential zero division error

v.50 to v.51

1. Resolves v.50 crash bug that might occur during searches

v.48 to v.50

1. Fast nearest vertex search has been supplemented with a find closest point on nearby faces search. This allows for greater quality and accuracy with lower resolution lattices and searches. The cost is an increase in the per vertex search overhead.

2. Medium Resolution and High Resolution settings have been removed from Make Lattice tool.

3. Lattices now store face data in addition to node data.

v.47 to v.48

1. An issue that could result in the Clothing Converter not modifying a mesh has been resolved:  The 'Exclude Edges' option in Clothing Converter's 'Edge Settings' menu had begun excluding all vertices.  This bug has been resolved, and the 'Exclude Edges' option should once again limit the tool only to non-edge seam vertices.

v.46 to v.47

1. Orphan property type blocks will no longer crash the tool

v.45 to b.46

1. New option added to Convert Clothing: 'Don't Cross X-Axis'. When enabled, it will not allow any vertex transforms to cross the x-axis. This eliminates the 'vertex crash' that otherwise occurs when cleavage collides.

2. Vertex Normal Calculation code improved: Re-calculation of vertex normals will now automatically mend seams caused by vertex doubles (i.e. along UV seams).

v.42 to v.45

1. Significant Improvements to the back-end vertex matching algorithm. This should result in notable improvements to many former problem areas

2. Significant Improvements to the ability of the tool to work with meshes with unusual bone and/or skin transforms.

3. Elimination of 'wayward vertex' problem when converting meshes with bad or incompatible skinning.

Sorry... it still occurs...

D:\Program Files (x86)\Convert Clothing RC_65>PythonPortable\app\python PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\convert_clothing.py
loading settings from D:\Program Files (x86)\Convert Clothing RC_65\save\clothingConverter.cfg
Loading Lattice
morph 0
Lattice Successfully Loaded
False
lattice.morph_key 0
dirpath {D:/Program Files (x86)/Convert Clothing RC_65/Clothing Converter/target/Northgirl Armor-38053-1-2/Data/meshes/Northgirl/northknit_0.nif}
Checking Directory Path for Nifs and Tri files
morph_key 0
nif_list ['D:\\Program Files (x86)\\Convert Clothing RC_65\\Clothing Converter\\target\\Northgirl Armor-38053-1-2\\Data\\meshes\\Northgirl\\northknit_0.nif']
morph_set []
******NIF******
Processing D:\Program Files (x86)\Convert Clothing RC_65\Clothing Converter\target\Northgirl Armor-38053-1-2\Data\meshes\Northgirl\northknit_0.nif
**********Bones Initialized**********
initializing meshes
4{}2{} : Initializing Vertices
4{}2{} : Vertex Initialization Complete
4{}2{} : Initializing Skin
4{}2{} : *Initializing Skin Bone Transforms
4{}2{} : *Calculating world Coordinates
4{}2{} : Skin Initialization Complete
initializing faces
5{}9{} : Initializing Vertices
5{}9{} : Vertex Initialization Complete
5{}9{} : Initializing Skin
5{}9{} : *Initializing Skin Bone Transforms
5{}9{} : *Calculating world Coordinates
5{}9{} : Skin Initialization Complete
initializing faces
fdyt{}16{} : Initializing Vertices
fdyt{}16{} : Vertex Initialization Complete
fdyt{}16{} : Initializing Skin
fdyt{}16{} : *Initializing Skin Bone Transforms
fdyt{}16{} : *Calculating world Coordinates
fdyt{}16{} : Skin Initialization Complete
initializing faces
SLIM PUSHUPNW3{}23{} : Initializing Vertices
SLIM PUSHUPNW3{}23{} : Vertex Initialization Complete
SLIM PUSHUPNW3{}23{} : Initializing Skin
SLIM PUSHUPNW3{}23{} : *Initializing Skin Bone Transforms
SLIM PUSHUPNW3{}23{} : *Calculating world Coordinates
SLIM PUSHUPNW3{}23{} : Skin Initialization Complete
initializing faces
**********Meshes Initialized**********
**********End**********
******nif_gender******
FEMALE
Main Search
search_targets 3
search_resolution 5
Target Mesh Vertices 944
searching for Targets
150 of 944 verts searched
300 of 944 verts searched
450 of 944 verts searched
600 of 944 verts searched
750 of 944 verts searched
900 of 944 verts searched
Main Search
search_targets 3
search_resolution 5
Target Mesh Vertices 1076
searching for Targets
150 of 1076 verts searched
300 of 1076 verts searched
450 of 1076 verts searched
600 of 1076 verts searched
750 of 1076 verts searched
900 of 1076 verts searched
1050 of 1076 verts searched
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\convert_clothing.py", line 226, in <module>
    Main()
  File "PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\convert_clothing.py", line 222, in Main
    process_nif(this_file, lattice, lattice_dict)
  File "PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\convert_clothing.py", line 156, in process_nif
    getVecs(v, v.influence_list, settings = current_settings)
  File "D:\Program Files (x86)\Convert Clothing RC_65\PythonPortable\app\lib\site-packages\kg\search_util.py", line 78, in getVecs
    v_mod, v_norm = combine_influences(influence_list, vec = True, Normal = True)
TypeError: 'Vector3' object is not iterable

Clothing Converter Release Candidate v.66

This update should resolve the crash issue reported by orgs1n

Download

Portable Install Upgrade (upgrades v.60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 to 66): Convert Clothing RC_66_Upgrade.7z

Light Install V.65 (Scripts Only): Convert Clothing RC_66_Light.7z

Change Log

v.65 to v.66

1. Resolves bug that could cause a crash if no valid targets were found for a given vertex.

v.64 to v.65

v.63 to v.64

1. Updated Tangent Space and Normal Vector calculations to eliminate potential zero division errors

4. Make Lattice and Convert Clothing tools now split match searches into left side axis and right side axis searches. This should improve the symmetry of both lattices and clothing conversions.

v.62 to v.63

v.61 to v.62

v.60 to v.61

1. Resolves bug that could occur when a Lattice generated from a Normal free mesh was loaded into Clothing Converter.

v.52 to v.60

1. Significant improvement to the back-end face location weighting algorithm allows the tool to precisely match the best fit location on a mesh. Limited testing has shown converted clothing with no UV or vertex distortion.

v.51 to v.52

v.50 to v.51

v.48 to v.50

1. Fast nearest vertex search has been supplemented with a find closest point on nearby faces search. This allows for greater quality and accuracy with lower resolution lattices and searches. The cost is an increase in the per vertex search overhead.

2. Medium Resolution and High Resolution settings have been removed from Make Lattice tool.

v.47 to v.48

1. An issue that could result in the Clothing Converter not modifying a mesh has been resolved:  The 'Exclude Edges' option in Clothing Converter's 'Edge Settings' menu had begun excluding all vertices.  This bug has been resolved, and the 'Exclude Edges' option should once again limit the tool only to non-edge seam vertices.

v.46 to v.47

v.45 to b.46

1. New option added to Convert Clothing: 'Don't Cross X-Axis'. When enabled, it will not allow any vertex transforms to cross the x-axis. This eliminates the 'vertex crash' that otherwise occurs when cleavage collides.

2. Vertex Normal Calculation code improved: Re-calculation of vertex normals will now automatically mend seams caused by vertex doubles (i.e. along UV seams).

v.42 to v.45

1. Significant Improvements to the back-end vertex matching algorithm. This should result in notable improvements to many former problem areas

2. Significant Improvements to the ability of the tool to work with meshes with unusual bone and/or skin transforms.

3. Elimination of 'wayward vertex' problem when converting meshes with bad or incompatible skinning.

v.66 solved it! The clothing conversion works again, thank you!

Not only that, but, as compared to version v.53:

- v.66 properly processes the belt's (very large) texture;

- v.66 doesn't snap the body back to UNP Main anymore! (I have been cleaning up in Mod Organizer, but I didn't have UNP there... odd...)

- v.66 got rid of the butt-ugly distortion:

post-368191-0-98536600-1396048753_thumb.png

There's still some minor distortion here and there...

post-368191-0-37994000-1396048687_thumb.png

.. and the belt and leg strap still evade conversion.

post-368191-0-93017700-1396049177_thumb.png

All in all, this mod is really starting to rock! Can't wait to try more armors! Will it preserve BBP? (Northgirl doesn't have that, so I haven't been able to test that aspect.)

Setting the search weight to 100 does improve things. The upper strap looks good now. The middle one a bit less so, and the lowest one is the most off the mark.

post-368191-0-51586500-1396051255_thumb.png

Hmm, testing some more, things get more compllcated:

- At weight 0, the straps degrade from top to bottom.

- At weight 1, the straps degrade from bottom to top.

post-368191-0-19685200-1396052136_thumb.pngpost-368191-0-02336500-1396052140_thumb.png

I'm seeing things, time to go sleep! :)

I haven't touched it in awhile.

Now that I finally have a reliable system in place to transform vertex coordinates into shared worldspace coordinates, I may be able to go back to Seam Mender and get it working properly.

I'll probably take another look at it sometime next week.

As far as mending .dds texture seams, I still haven't settled on an approach to load and modify dds files. I don't want to write my own dds decoder/encoder, but I haven't yet found a library that I like.

Hard to say. It's not a bad conversion, for a TGND to DMRA (which is a fairly tricky conversion).

The hands are terrible. My guess there is that either your From or To nif did not include hands. So, when you converted the dress the wrist ended up converted to the DMRA arms, but the hands stayed TGND. Which is fine, except it looks like 'Exclude Edges' was also enabled, which means that the wrist seam was also not converted.

To fix the hands, either create a new lattice with a from and to nif that include hands, or enable set 'Edge Settings' to 'All'. (That reminds me. Next version of Make Lattice will allow you to select multiple nifs for the hands, feet, etc when you generate your lattices)

Other than that, it looks pretty good. I'll need to see the From and To nifs, as well as the Target nif to provide more meaningful advice. There are a few spots that look a little weird, but I don't know whether or not that is tool related.

The underboob issue appears to be pretty much unavoidable with TGND to DMRA conversions. The TGND body has a very high area to vertex ratio around the breasts, so they can readily and easily adopt the DMRA shape. Most clothing doesn't have the verts to maintain the same shape when it is converted.

So right now that clipping requires a manual adjustment in Blender or some other 3d program. I'm working on an automated clipping mending tool, but it's hit a bit of a snag.

Anyways, V.6x is still a bit experimental. Overall I'm very happy with it, but there appear to be a few instances where the precision face location matching produces conversions that are a bit too...exact, I suppose. I think some meshes on a given nif need to get smoother, less precise results while others need the precision.

Same here. I've not been able to convert clothing in 60 and 63. I've attached the file tree.

Lattice = femalebody_0_from_UNP_BASE_Main_body_V1dot2_to_UNP Topmodel BBP-41051-3-1.lat

Target = northknit_0.nif

It runs a while, then issues an error, but the command window closes to fast to read it.

But for everyone else in this thread, if you manually call py.exe convert_clothing.py from a cmd window, then the window stays open after termination.

Along those lines, If you are running the *Light* (scripts only) version of Clothing Converter, you can use the following to launch the tools with a window that will stay open after the tool closes.

To use, open the bat file in a text editor. Edit the path for python.exe to match the path to your Python 3.x install and save.

From then on, you can launch the tool simply by running the bat file.

bat_files.7z

I'm still getting a crash in v66. Files attached.

OK, I'm not seeing any crashes using your lattices and the included 'From' files. I also tested using the Xena meshes that you uploaded a while back.

What file were you attempting to convert when you got the crash?

Try launching the tool using the bat file in my previous post and let me know what error message you received.

I'm still getting a crash in v66. Files attached.

OK, I'm not seeing any crashes using your lattices and the included 'From' files. I also tested using the Xena meshes that you uploaded a while back.

What file were you attempting to convert when you got the crash?

Try launching the tool using the bat file in my previous post and let me know what error message you received.

Still testing on the same Xena meshes.

...Bizarrely, when I launched it through the Bat file you provided with the path for Python32, it actually appears to run the conversion (instead of immediately closing the cmd window and failing to do anything). Now I'm just spooked.

Either I'm having a problem with it trying to use the wrong version of Python for some reason or something equally weird is going on and you just handed me a very strange workaround in the process of troubleshooting it.

That's good to hear.

My guess is that you might have multiple versions of Python installed and Windows is insisting on launching using an incompatible version (say, 2.62 that came with Blender) instead of a 3.x version.

Now, I should say that I'm not happy with the quality of the CBBE/7b conversions.

The incompatibility of the UV maps really keeps the tool from shining for that conversion.  I'm working on a solution to that, but it will take a bit of doing.

The other thing I've started working on is a potential improvement to my best fit on face algorithm.  For the vast majority of faces, the tool appears to find a nearly perfect match.  But about 20 vertices or so per nif end up distorted for no good reason.  I think I know why.  If I'm right, I should be abIe to resolve that issue.

As an added benefit, I *think* that my update to the face search algorithm should improve performance as well. (fingers crossed)

Setting the search weight to 100 does improve things. The upper strap looks good now. The middle one a bit less so, and the lowest one is the most off the mark.

Hmm, testing some more, things get more compllcated:

- At weight 0, the straps degrade from top to bottom.

- At weight 1, the straps degrade from bottom to top.

I'm seeing things, time to go sleep! :)

Weird.

Here's a question...when you generated your lattice, were both the from and to nifs the same weight?  That is, were they both _0 nifs or _1 nifs?

If not, that would explain the weirdness.

You're right about the multiple versions thing. So this is definitely Windows' fault. Silly Windows. xD

Yeah I see what you mean, the boots look pretty great but on the torso meshes there's some slight distortion/clipping here and there, it'll be interesting to see what can be done to improve things but in the meantime I'm at least seeing something I could probably iron out the problems of in Outfit Studio or whatnot. On the bright side it's a lot faster than it used to be and it's looking like it's actually going to finish the entire folder.

Meantime I'll probably finish stitching together a UNP template to try converting from, hopefully with the compatible textures it and Sevenbase use I can get some nicer/more representative results there. :)

OK

Current Known Bugs (Version RC 66):

1. Tool is not transforming Non Manifold Vertices. Cause as yet unknown...I'm working on it.

2. Roughly .1% of vertices receive an inappropriate transformation. I'm developing a modification to the face search algorithm that I believe will resolve this issue in the majority of cases

3. Not a Bug, per se, but the UV Search can only be used between nifs that use the same Texture standard. I'm currently developing a UV Map conversion system that ideally will be able to convert coordinates between known UV map standards

4. Also not exactly a bug. To generate an ideal conversion lattice, it is necessary to generate the lattice using nifs that contain bodies, hands, and feet. A future update will include the ability for the user to simply select separate feet, hands, and body nifs for the tool to merge into a single conversion template.

OK

Current Known Bugs (Version RC 66):

1. Tool is not transforming Non Manifold Vertices. Cause as yet unknown...I'm working on it.

2. Roughly .1% of vertices receive an inappropriate transformation. I'm developing a modification to the face search algorithm that I believe will resolve this issue in the majority of cases

3. Not a Bug, per se, but the UV Search can only be used between nifs that use the same Texture standard. I'm currently developing a UV Map conversion system that ideally will be able to convert coordinates between known UV map standards

4. Also not exactly a bug. To generate an ideal conversion lattice, it is necessary to generate the lattice using nifs that contain bodies, hands, and feet. A future update will include the ability for the user to simply select separate feet, hands, and body nifs for the tool to merge into a single conversion template.

Question re: 4 and probably a stupid/obvious question because this is proving complicated for me, is it necessary or desirable at the moment to manually align the hand/feet meshes with the torso mesh in Nifskope? Because it seemed like that was needed based on what you described for a template mesh before but I wanted to make sure I wasn't over complicating things.

When you view the combined meshes in Nifskope, it should look like a single seamless body. If the hands/feet don't have perfect seams with the body, that flaw will be preserved by the conversion lattices.

OK...so, how do you make sure that everything works together properly in Nifskope? Well, this is where things get complicated. Short Answer. Step1, re-rig all of the meshes using Mesh rigger and *then* branch copy the geometry blocks of the hands and feet to the scene root of the body nif. Note, the scene root is the 'trunk' of the tree that you see when you first open Nifskope. If you click on it to expand it, you will see all of the geometry blocks, additional niNodes, etc.

Why do I ask you to first re-rig them using Mesh Rigger? Well, the full answer is complicated, but the basic issue is that if you attempt to combine nifs that have incompatible skinning/rigging, things get really ugly really quickly.

Clothing Converter Release Candidate v.68

All known bugs are now eliminated.

Fidelity of base body (nude body) conversions with matching UV maps is significantly improved.

Download

Portable Install v.68:

Light Install V.68 (Scripts Only): Convert Clothing RC_68_Light.7z

Change Log

v.66 to v.68

1. Non Manifold (edge seam) vertices will now be properly transformed by the tool

2. Overall conversion quality has improved dramatically

v.65 to v.66

1. Resolves bug that could cause a crash if no valid targets were found for a given vertex.

v.64 to v.65

v.63 to v.64

v.62 to v.63

v.61 to v.62

v.60 to v.61

v.52 to v.60

v.51 to v.52

v.50 to v.51

v.48 to v.50

v.47 to v.48

v.46 to v.47

v.45 to b.46

v.42 to v.45

That's why I'm burying this experimental update in the comments, instead of the front.

And, of course, 5 minutes after posting it I've spotted a weird (and probably rare) bug. So far I'e only seen it with non-manifold vertices on meshes with bugged UV maps. Haven't yet figured out what's causing it, although I have my suspicions.