NPC interaction and custom NPC help

xenic

I created 3 NPC's for a mod but they won't move and interact with anything. I'm curious as to what I need to add for them to interact with crafting tables etc.

Also, I am wondering how to make NPC's with custom races. For example, if I wanted a couple of NPC's from the Temptress race (or some other race).

To get npc's to do anything in an area you need to give them AI Packages. These tell the npc what they should be doing and can be from simple to complex depending on what you want them to do. For the Orc Smiths I made for Captured Dreams I gave them 2 packages, 1 for sleep and 1 for sandbox (doing whatever is available in an area). You will need to set where they can do this and if you use more than one you can set when they do it. Without AI Packages they will just stand there.

To make npc's using other custom races ESMify the race mod so you can use it as a master then you can select the race just as you can the vanilla ones. Whatever mod you make will need to have that custom race installed.

Archived